Create Account

Is the SHL in crisis or are people being overdramatic?

03-03-2022, 07:56 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote:
03-03-2022, 04:54 PMmarco999 Wrote: Regarding toxicity and whatnot, I don't want to start an argument or anything, so I'll keep it brief and won't comment any further on the issue I'm about to talk about. I was, like all other alum, kicked out of the Anaheim locker room. I devoted a good chunk of my time to that team and was contributing to it right until the very end, although not as much as I used to. This left a very bad taste in my mouth. It feels like everything I've ever done for the team (although it's not much when you look at it for the outside because ANA never had success while I was there) amounted to nothing. I was thrown out unceremoniously, like all other former members of the team, from S45 to today. It's another thing that kinda hit me the wrong way and my motivation for SHL-related stuff took a hit.

I felt that same sting the other day when I realized the ANA LR wasn't on my discord sidebar. I'll admit I haven't been active in there as an alum in a while since my interest in most of the league has cut down the past 4-5 seasons but it was nice going in every now and again to see how things were going. I won't lie I felt a little hurt just being thrown out with no message or explanation. I'm in the team HOF for both a player and management, I was the second draft pick in the franchise's history, I've always thought of ANA as my first SHL home, but when I decide to recreate I think I've moved from telling other teams to let me go to ANA to putting them much lower on my list of destinations. I know I'm not the only one, a few other alums also expressed similar attitudes after discovering they were booted.

I feel mostly the same way, glad to know i'm not the only one.

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the SHL in crisis or are people being overdramatic? - by marco999 - 03-03-2022, 11:19 PM