Create Account

Is the SHL in crisis or are people being overdramatic?
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2022, 12:02 PM by Redderder15.)

03-04-2022, 04:07 PMSlashACM Wrote:
03-03-2022, 09:58 PMboom Wrote: I don’t regret recreating, I’m really excited about the story I can build with Bordeleau, there’s avenues to go there, but GMing can feel like a slog sometimes. When we were down 2-0 to Texas in these playoffs, I ran some tests. The result was that 40% of the time, we won one game and lost in 5 instead of 4. The rest of the time was sweeps. The same odds happened the year before against Chicago. It’s frustrating to just hit a wall of a playoff series where you have no chance whatsoever. I value being a players’ coach and letting my team dictate the flow of their builds for the most part, but what am I supposed to do when other teams just force their players into builds and run with it and win more games that way?

I’ve wondered here or there if going back to the J would ever be in the cards - it’s not something I’m considering at the moment with how far I’ve worked to get here and I am not throwing away my shot, but there’s some nostalgia there for every team having a shot to go far in the playoffs.

tl;dr: I love love love GMing for the community I get to build and meeting amazing people. I hate the sim. I want this to be fun for the sim and community and will fight like hell for it.

I was disappointed in the responses to either a pt prompt or cw prompt where I asked people to compare sths to fhm. Lots of people saying sths was too random, or they never played on it but HEARD it was too random. I understand playing great all season to get bounced in rnd 1 or 2 is frustrating (trust me, that was NOLA in the late s40s lol) but that's hockey.

I feel like we just don't see that in fhm. Like you said, the 0% win rate in testing (5% to maybe push it to 5) is bullshit. It's gotten worse over time too, I remember being super frustrated in s55 where the buffalo series was a coin flip and I couldn't do ANYTHING to put the series in our favor. But it's gotten wayyyy worse over time, now early in the s60s I was doing testing for Anchorage and there was nothing I could do to get a series win against kel/NF I can't remember. But like 100 tests and not even one series win. That's not even hockey. Just plain fuckin boring

yeah, that's what makes hockey exciting. IRL, the whole hockey community is excited when an upset like CBJ beating TBL in 2019 happens, and its so fun because of all of the implications and the excited CBJ team and fans. It's hard when all numbers are concrete in FHM though, because if a team gets the luck of the draw in a series they had like a 30% chance in, there's no in-game motivation boost or energy boost so they just get shit on in the next round. Prevents any sort of underdog story like MTL last season, and makes playoff predictions the easiest thing ever.

Links: Updates | Player Page | Bank

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the SHL in crisis or are people being overdramatic? - by Redderder15 - 03-06-2022, 12:02 PM