Create Account

S65 SMJHL Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2022, 05:49 AM by Froste39. Edited 1 time in total.)

Task #1 - 3 TPE:
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?

Requirements:  150+ words.

I would enjoy playing for a bottom tier team to be honest and raise them to new heights. I didn't join this league to let myself be carried by strong Goalkeepers, shut-down defensemen or ace goalscorers. I want to make an name for myself and either stand out somewhere or even more preferable make a whole team better by playing for them. 
For that reason I would probably say the Vancouver Whalers would be my choice as they lack goalscorers and my rookie statline indicates that I could be very valuable for the team. But I also fit good into my Battleborn who were also kind of tight on Offense but still managed to climb into contender status. 

Task #3 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.

My item of choice would be a bit boring, but it would be a standard baseball cap in our marine-blue colour, with a golden trim on the side. It is custom to throw your hats on the ice after a hattrick and we want to provide the fans with compensation for all those caps they donated so far as we cored a lot this season. Inside the cap would be a small text of appreciation and a random's players number and signature. This way you might also incite the urge to collect all the caps like stamps or trading cards which would be a cool thing to me. On the back of the cap there would be the slogan: "Not done yet" which we used for our surprinsingly deep playoff run which was only stopped by the former and maybe new? champions.

Task #5 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words

The organization my player supports is actually one that I support myself in the real world. It is a german organization dedicated to fight leukemia through cell donations.
I underwent one of these operations before as a donor as an effort to save the life of a woman in the US that was a complete stranger to me. It was a tiresome process and included for example 8 injections that I had to give myself in 4 days prior to the donation procedure. I was notified that even with my donation the woman didn't pull through and died shortly after which still irks me today. But I would always undergo this procedure again, if it means I can potentially save a mother, daughter, husband, child with it. My player would host a ceremony with music and snacks and organize a small scale hockey torunament where he would play in an amateur team against other amateuers. The requirement for participating in the game and/or festivities would be to get sampled for a potential donation and giving the organization your contact information. Autograps and pictures are of course included and maybe there will be other German players who would be intersted to join in on the event.

Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?
Requirements: 150+ words.

I am very happy with my rookie season! According to my research I was Top 3 in nearly every Offensive category for rookies and topped the charts for non-recreates. As my build is completely homebrewed and reflects how I would play in Real Life, I am amazed by how well it seems to have worked. I accomplished my aim of scoring a lot of goals and playcing high on assists. I knew that this would mean sacrifcing defensive capabilities and it showed in my overall DGR which in the 50's while I topped 70's on the OGR at several occasions. I am not sure if I want to work on it as my aim was definetely to become a star on the offense and I hope that potential SHL teams consider this when drafting me. I would be reluctant to allocate points elsewhere.
My GM considered me to be the steal of the draft as a late 2nd rounder and I am so happy that she thinks this way. I can only try to give as much of this confidence in me back by playing an even better season next split!

Task #11 - 3 TPE

It's almost officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.

So Offseason began rather late for me as we managed to reach the semifinals where we managed to take a game from Newfoundland. With my newly earned freedom I will first go on a long vacation in Europe after I visited friends and family back home. The rookie contract money will be put to good use on a cruise ship along the coasts on Italy, Greece and Croatia. Time to get some sunburns and overpriced coktails, people!
After returning the first priority will be to destroy the newly earned calories by some power workout. Whenever there is free time gaming sessions and some Pen and Paper/Tabletop game parties whill be held. But let's also not forget to relax a bit and read a couple of good books, also catch up on the armada of new streaming series that have aired in the last weeks. As a big Star Wars and Marvel nerd there is a lot of stuff that needs watching. 
When I am done with all of that there will already be a new season on the horizon and even more importantly a new SHL team will have drafted me. Looking very much forward to all of that happening!

Task #12 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S66 SHL draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

So, what can SHL teams expect from the young German Left Wing from Central Germany, Wolfsburg? Well, for once let's start with the obvious. You will get on of the highest scoring forwards of this rookie class in the regular season. Sitting at 46 points in the regular season, only few players are in the vicinity of Dominik. You will get on offensive powerhouse with a high game intelligence, as Offensive Read and Getting Open are key stats for Froste that will be expended on, Getting Open reaching 17 in the next update. But even if defensive is not his forte he still boasts a +16 statline and managed to reach the semifinals of this years Cup, only falling short to standing Champions Newfoundland. 
If the stats alone are not convincing enough how about the work attitude? Froste has exactly 300 (316 with Championship week) TPE farmed in his FIRST season while being a complete rookie, no recreate. So he obviously figured out tis whole system very fast for being completely new and as far as I have researched is in the TOP 5 of overall TPE for rookies (with 3 others being Goalies) and being sole first for TPE by a Non-Recreate. You, Ladies and Gentlemen, are bound to get a workhorse and very active locker room presence. 
Him not going Top 10, or even TOP 5 (depending on team needs) in the upcoming draft would be a huge surprise to me.
For further information also seek the Deep Dive of Froste39 which compares the forwards of the S66 SHL Rookie class.

All the tasks yield 17 points overall, so the cap of 16 is reached. Message me please, if I am mistaken.

[Image: WmFwKPw.jpeg]

Messages In This Thread
S65 SMJHL Championship Week - by Jayba1t - 06-25-2022, 06:41 PM
RE: S65 SMJHL Championship Week - by Rotti - 06-25-2022, 06:44 PM
RE: S65 SMJHL Championship Week - by Faelax - 06-25-2022, 06:46 PM
RE: S65 SMJHL Championship Week - by Yagoyi - 06-25-2022, 07:19 PM
RE: S65 SMJHL Championship Week - by adamantium - 06-25-2022, 07:40 PM
RE: S65 SMJHL Championship Week - by Sleepy - 06-25-2022, 11:25 PM
RE: S65 SMJHL Championship Week - by Mutedfaith - 06-26-2022, 03:06 AM
RE: S65 SMJHL Championship Week - by Froste39 - 06-26-2022, 05:41 AM
RE: S65 SMJHL Championship Week - by SouthPaw - 06-26-2022, 07:34 AM
RE: S65 SMJHL Championship Week - by gordieboom - 06-26-2022, 09:13 AM