Create Account

S65 SMJHL Championship Week

Task #11 - 3 TPE
It's almost officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.
Requirements: 150+ words.

Obviously, a lot of the time will be spent preparing for and going through draft interviews to get scouted and see who is interested in picking me. Your draft interview can do a lot to raise or lower your value so that’s something to prepare for. Getting offseason warm ups is always important, staying in shape and attending practices. It's Boom Stick’s first ever offseason so he really has to put in the work to make sure he is ready physically and mentally for the start of next season. These workouts also double as draft interviews for a lot of teams, so it’s a win-win to prepare for the season AND get raise draft stock. Going on offseason bonding meetings with the rest of the Juniors team is great, too, as a team building exercise, so visiting locations or overnight trips or vacations are all great ideas to build chemistry with the team during offseason weekends. So those are the types of activities Boomstick is gonna be looking to do this year.

Task #5 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

Boom Stick isn’t a super charitable guy, so usually his agent needs to coerce him into donating. But on the occasional changes that he’s forced into working with them or donating money, he usually likes to appear or spend time with alcoholism or drunk-driving related charities. There isn’t a very deep backstory here, he was just surrounded a lot by alcohol when he was younger and wants people to avoid it in an excessive or negative way. So supporting organizations like Alcoholic Anonymous or other groups of that nature fits the bill. Also pretty big into political lobbies for activist groups, so like anti-gun groups or abortion rights protesters are areas that he doesn’t mind putting some well-publizied donations in. He’s a pretty left-leaning guy. Stick went to a child’s hunger alliance once and had a great time there, so he’ll probably plan to do that again as well! Feeding the kids is a great task Smile

Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?

Boom Stick’s first season was really short, which is what happens when you join so late, but I felt that I did a pretty good job and played roughly to expectations considering how disadvantageous the circumstances were. I averaged like 1 point per 2 games which isn’t bad for such a small sample size and all my advanced stats were…ok. I will say, though, obviously I’m looking to perform at a much higher rate for the rest of my career, but it’s the rookie year, I joined late, I was terrible in total TPE, so there’s nothing to be ashamed for without having an MVP your first year, obviously. The main goal would be to be top 5 in my team in points next year, because I have the skill set to do it especially after this *huge* TPE gain I’ll be seeing this offseason, and I’d like to kind of push the “best player on my team” talk at the end of the season, especially considering the pseudo rebuild we are entering.

Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

We have a few good players entering this year, especially me and Engyn as goalie, which is great, but next year is probably going to be a down year. Obviously there’s gonna be a lot of excitement about our rookies continuing to earn and become productive players, but next year is just a measuring stick for how big the season after that will be. So our main reason to be optimistic is to see if that year’s rookies and sophomores can take a big leap and be ready to contend in a serious way the season after that. Us reaching a championship or even winning it would be pretty incredible luck, and a lot of great drafting - and while Jess is an absolutely fantastic GM and a great person, I just can’t see us making a serious run at the title next season. If we did, though, that would be absolutely awesome and would make me very happy Smile

Task #3 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

So the big problem here is that Boom Stick’s first choice, a literal shotgun with his face on it, would not be allowed in a stadium and probably very rarely in other places as well - even as a fake, it would still raise panic, so Boom Stick probably isn’t in a good setting there. He’d love a minifigure of his stick with a fire behind it, so that could be a cute option he looks at creating and handing out. Little tiny ram plushies would also be VERY cute and I think Boom Stick would like that a lot. So plushie rams it is Smile

Task #13 - 1-3 TPE
Answer up to 3 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).
B.  You're in another timeline where Nevada and Quebec are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's playoffs compared to ours where they lost in the semi finals?
C. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped get our finalists into the playoffs. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?

1. I always appreciated how SD Core’s name on everything is just “SD Core”, so that simplicity definitely deserves a shoutout in the name rankings of the teams. Mrs. McSaves is definitely the funniest and creative of the names between the two teams, though. Would’ve been funnier on a goalie, I think, but still good.
  2.  Man, the Nevada lost was tough. I think if I had joined a little earlier and maybe we get an extra 20-30 TPE in before the playoffs, we’re in a great circumstance to win the series, but honestly Nevada came pretty close either way and it’s hard to say anything without disrespecting Newfoundland who 100% deserved the win and played their hearts out Smile

Messages In This Thread
S65 SMJHL Championship Week - by Jayba1t - 06-25-2022, 06:41 PM
RE: S65 SMJHL Championship Week - by Rotti - 06-25-2022, 06:44 PM
RE: S65 SMJHL Championship Week - by Faelax - 06-25-2022, 06:46 PM
RE: S65 SMJHL Championship Week - by Yagoyi - 06-25-2022, 07:19 PM
RE: S65 SMJHL Championship Week - by adamantium - 06-25-2022, 07:40 PM
RE: S65 SMJHL Championship Week - by Sleepy - 06-25-2022, 11:25 PM
RE: S65 SMJHL Championship Week - by Mutedfaith - 06-26-2022, 03:06 AM
RE: S65 SMJHL Championship Week - by Froste39 - 06-26-2022, 05:41 AM
RE: S65 SMJHL Championship Week - by SouthPaw - 06-26-2022, 07:34 AM
RE: S65 SMJHL Championship Week - by gordieboom - 06-26-2022, 09:13 AM
RE: S65 SMJHL Championship Week - by Anthique - 06-26-2022, 11:24 AM