Create Account

Queen Elizabeth II has passed away at the age of 96

09-09-2022, 10:34 PMjumpSeat Wrote:
09-09-2022, 10:20 PMGrapehead Wrote: Nobody's saying that you have to hate her or hold her personally responsible. Your mourning of her is just as valid as someone celebrating her death. It just appeared to me that you were trying to silence any condemnation of her just because she died and we ought to respect her simply for dying.

Maybe it appeared that way, but that's not what I was trying to say.  Smile

09-08-2022, 04:08 PMjumpSeat Wrote: Irregardless of anyone's views on modern monarchies or politics or what have you, let's not forget a life has ended here, and I do think that should take precedence over all the peripheral stuff. I mean, I'm no great fan of 'royal families' either, but I do know they still mean something to a lot of older folks in particular, so I try to acknowledge that reality and respect their feelings. Any debate about whether this might be a good time to abolish the monarchy should be saved for another day. Today is a day to remember and be grateful for a life that included spreading a lot of good will (especially to children) throughout the world.

So what were you trying to say?

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Queen Elizabeth II has passed away at the age of 96 - by Grapehead - 09-09-2022, 11:51 PM