Create Account

S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

Wow, I can't believe it. After winning our world juniors semifinal game, I'm in the locker room with all my comrades and everything is grand. Or is it? All the sudden, the world seems to fade away and all I see is white in every direction. On the floor, in large print, I see "404 Error, File Not Found."

Oops! Just a glitch, a voice says off in the distance. Who is that! What happened to my teammates! What happened to the IIHF?

Please do not be alarmed. I am Simon T, the creator of this place. Long ago, you were just words on a page. But now, look at how far you've come! You skate with your teammates, on real, two dimensiomal ice! You check and can be checked. When you score a goal, everyone comes with you to celebrate. Trust me, this is better than what you had before.

I stare at Simon in a daze, shell-shocked, and unable to speak because of the glitch.

Let me just finish patching this update, and all will be well.

The world comes crashing back in. We're celebrating the win. We're going to the finals! What just happened? Was it all a dream? Who is Simon T?

(212 words)

Messages In This Thread
RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - by Whikadoodle - 05-22-2023, 08:12 AM