Create Account

S72 PT #3: A Hitchhikers Guide to General Management

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE - Shoe On The Other Appendage

My first thought was to utilize our big bodies against our small foes. Lean into them, grind them, smash them into the boards. This proved useless as they were far to small, quick, and agile. There was no way to hit them or even catch them. They also could read a play before it happened and knew exactly where to move to and how to avoid any counter I could draw up. Then I realized we needed a distraction, something that would catch them off guard and go off the rails with the rest of the game.

I called on a time out and brought my alien team to the bench and went over a very carefully laid out plan…

In the last moments of the time out I looked to the Mice team and shouted out. “THE ANSWER IS 42!” They looked at me puzzled and started rapidly discussing among themselves. When the time out had ended they skated back to the faceoff circle and were still abuzz about what I had just shouted.

Part 2 kicked in. The puck was dropped, and my team started skating around in wild ways. They chased the puck. They crashed the net, literally crashing the net, they ran from the puck, one guy just skated in circles. I had told them to forget everything I had taught them and just to mindlessly play however they wanted. With the ability to literally delete memory they removed everything they knew strategy and almost about hockey and just started doing what they wanted.

The mice had no idea what to do or what was going on, between the answer I had given them and the confusion of their opponents they literally started to have a mental breakdown. Most ran off the ice and made way for a safe haven to recoup their mental fortitude, the few that stayed skated as hard as they could to the boards crashing it headfirst in a suicide attempt. Soon my opponents were no more, either off planet or dead causing a forfeit and we won!

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Messages In This Thread
RE: S72 PT #3: A Hitchhikers Guide to General Management - by spidey - 08-15-2023, 12:18 PM