Create Account

S73 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2023, 04:50 AM by DELIRIVM. Edited 3 times in total.)

Player Name: Teal'c

Position: LD

Recreate or First Gen?: Recreate

Recreates: Who was your last player?: Daniil Nikiforov

Full Discord Username: ncit3

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): 6+, but I think it's fairly easy to maintain a player in the SHL, especially now with the portal changes. 

Is water wet?: Funny question for the SMJHL, haha, but no. Water is not wet. Wetness is the state that comes about due to the interaction between the states of liquid and solid. A liquid creates wetness on a solid leaving itself on the solid. 

What made you join the SHL? Boredom and interest in hockey. I had been doing GM leagues for a few years and found that player leagues were a thing and the concept was a lot more intriguing to me. As someone who enjoys board games over video games for the social interaction aspect. This just seemed like a normal fit for a hobby involving my love of hockey. 

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: Travelling back in time seems like a really easy way to get a disease or spread diseases to a population group. But if I could assume my presence wouldn't affect said area and I would be an observer only. I think it would probably be early islamic period. The Islamic world birthed some of the greatest minds in history and people that changed the face of the planet. Algebra, Hospitals and advancing medicine, surgery, optics, universities, and really we can talk about coffee too. 

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: Warhammer 40,000 lore, specifically that about the Imperium of Man, Space Marines, and the Aeldari. 

Waffles or pancakes?: Pancakes. Nearly every pancake is good and some can be outstanding. Waffles take touch and most likely I just want belgian waffles. 

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: Of course. Just because someone isn't there doesn't mean sound waves aren't created. I know this is some big philosophical got you for undergrads. But it's kinda overused. A more interesting question would be something like If you replace all the parts of a boat, is it still the same boat?

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond? Wearing it just shows that you support the continued efforts to allow all people to be loved, equal, and accepted. Wearing a pride jersey is a sign of inclusion for all those in the sport. So it would be an honor to wear. 

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: My ever present mound of warhammer plastic stares me down and tries to put me in a chokehold everyday. But aside from that I've been reading a lot of linguistics books and been trying to also get certifications in information security. But as someone with Adult ADHD, my hobbies are always all over the place. I might be trying to learn how to make espresso next week. Actually, that's a good idea...

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): Too many to list. This year I have been branching out into some newer authors in fantasy. I've currently been reading City of Stairs by Robert Jackson Bennett. I like me some espionage and spy thrillers but this one is set in a fantasy world with some great worldbuilding. Big recommend. 

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: Good locker room chemistry and comraderie. Nothing like watching a game and having everyone shouting when someone scores. 

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Oh man, I'm not a big pokemon person. I'm going to say I love Mr. Mime. Dude straight fire. 

What video games do you play?: Mostly simulation games and strategy. Of course Baldurs Gate 3 right now. But stuff like Rimworld and Crusader Kings 3 are a good example of my gaming. I am much more of a tabletop roleplayer, tabletop wargamer, and board gamer than I am video gamer at this point in my life. (I'm old)

If you were to choose  a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: Always had boston terriers, always loved boston terriers. So I guess I am a boston terrier at heart.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S73 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - by DELIRIVM - 09-17-2023, 03:42 PM