Create Account

S73 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread

Player Name: Roger Murdock
Position: Centre
Recreate or First Gen?: Recreate
  Recreates: Who was your last player?: Axel Foley - Defense
Full Discord Username: Smatt

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc):
A lot of free time (10+ hours weekly) for being in a LR on mobile, as part of that 3+ hours can be dedicated to updating/on-site activity.

Is water wet?:
Yes, science can't tell me what to think.

What made you join the SHL?
Was really big into the ideas of GM leagues where all NHL teams are ran by a person in a game setting, but I searched up simulation hockey and it got me here. Being a player that can get points seemed a lot more fun that being an NHL fantasy manager, so I hopped on.

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?:
I'd want to go back to internships at offices, that was a relaxed, fun environment without major responsibilities that I'd always like to be in.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?:
Just the Pikmin franchise in general. Story, gameplay, the community, how much struggle there is between releases, anything. Best game franchise out there, I could go on forever.

Waffles or pancakes?:
Waffles. The way you can get the pockets of syrup with other toppings is unmatched. And it tells you exactly where you're supposed to cut it up.

BUT if we enter chocolate chip or blueberry pancakes into the equation I'm cleanly going with pancakes. The dynamic nature of pancakes is intriguing. But again, if we're going vanilla, non-combo breakfast pastry, waffles.

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?:
Of course. Sound happen, and I won't let anyone make me get existential about what observance means to the existance of senses, cause then you gotta think about what happens when you die and people forget you, were you ever real in the first place? And I don't like going down that path, it just makes me sad.

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?
I'd be wearing that thing out, sign it, get it sweaty, add in a little extra donation. Anything to pump up that value on that jersey.

Any hobbies you've been into lately?:
Learning Japanese and a going to the gym. More specifically leg day for a hobby, everything else is just a break until I can legs again.

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included):
One Punch Man. Just repped out the 1st initial release online when it came out but it was pretty enjoyable. I personally like comedy so getting into something funny I could chat over with friends makes it the best.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?:
Good locker room atmosphere and accessibility. As long as there's passion league wide and the information people need to get attainable, things will sort themself out from there.

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?:
Flygon. I don't really have a reason. I just thought it looked neat as a kid so I like Flygon still. I still think it looks neat.

What video games do you play?:
Gonna be rocking some Mario Wonder, consistently running Pikmin. Mostly new stuff that comes out but I always got a spot for Super Mega Baseball. Plus a little bit of an allowance there for multi-player games friends want to get me roped into.

If you were to choose  a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?:
I'd like to be a yellow lab. They are very cute, and I think the conception that they are the dumbest of their general breed would do me well, gets me a little allowance to be silly.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S73 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - by Mazatt - 09-19-2023, 08:50 PM