Create Account

S73 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread

Player Name: Leonard Wood
Position: RW
Recreate or First Gen?: First Gen
    Recreates: Who was your last player?:
    First-Gens: How did you find the site? From a link on a hockey Discord server
Full Discord Username: munk3y

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc):
10-15 or so. I work from home, so I like to use my downtime doing something that engages my mind rather than doomscrolling social media. This also would be something to do while watching hockey at night during intermissions or commercial breaks.

Is water wet?:
No, water is not wet. Everything that water touches is wet, like my shirt when my baby spits up on it.

What made you join the SHL?
I joined SHL for a new challenge that combines my love of hockey with the fulfilling feeling I get from strategy games. I play a fair amount of Eastside Hockey Manager too, so hockey simulation/management is something not entirely unfamiliar. And hopefully I'll meet some nice folks along the way too Smile

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?:
The 1990s. They were simpler times, pre-9/11 when hockey was just getting big. Culturally, it had the best movies and music. But maybe that's just my generation to pine for the 1990s. The good ol days were still mostly bad.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?:
The mischaracterization of the 'emo' genre of music in mainstream culture.

Waffles or pancakes?:
Pancakes

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?:

Yes.

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed
warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+
youth charity. How do you respond?

I'd wear the jersey. I'd even sign it if it would help raise more money.

Any hobbies you've been into lately?:
Reading books, listening to music, video games occasionally. Otherwise, I don't have the time for much else as my time is limited with raising two young children and working full time.

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included):
I'll go with the best book I've read this year. The best book I've read in 2023 is I'm Glad My Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy. Non-fiction is my go-to genre and this one blew me away. It was worth the hype and I couldn't put it down.
The best book I read in 2022 was The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien. Tim O'Brien has masterful storytelling skills.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?:
Friendly, mature players. So in other words, not a first person shooter lobby.

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?:
Blastoise because he could spray down a hockey rink real fast.

What video games do you play?:
Currently its Eastside Hockey Manager, Graveyard Keeper, and Mario games on the Switch with my son.

If you were to choose  a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why
Husky. Those dogs are built for the cold and therefore hockey. All those college hockey Husky teams know it too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: S73 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - by MuNk22 - 09-21-2023, 10:59 PM