Create Account

S72 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time

My first season in the SMJHL was up and down, both individually and for the team. We, in Regina, started out very strong and honestly looked quite formidable. We racked up the wins and our players were putting up very solid numbers. Once the half way point hit, though, things started going down hill. For some reason, we just lost our mojo. There were lots of times we thought we were getting it back, but it never materialized. We flamed out of the post-season in disappointing fashion.

As for myself, I was upset with my performance when the season ended. I just thought I lost a step at one point and didn't do a job job getting back on track. I racked up some decent numbers, but they almost felt empty in a way. I had 124 hits and 131 shot blocks, but that was because we didn't have the puck a lot when I was on the ice.

However, looking back at my numbers now after some time to reflect, I don't think they were that bad for a rookie defenceman. It's a tough position to just come in right away and be good, but there was some bright spots to take away from it. Scoring 10 goals is a great feat for a rookie blue liner and keeping a positive plus/minus is nothing to scoff at either. I did lay the body a lot as well and helped my goalie out with the shot blocks. Was it a successful season? No, but there was good in there and definitely something to build off for my sophomore season.

(270 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 78
48-15-3
Regular Season - [G 6] [A 31] [Pts 37] [+/- +39] [PIM 42] [Hits 66] [SB 128]
Playoffs - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S72 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time - by Leafs4ever - 09-27-2023, 11:38 PM