Create Account

S72 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time

By far the highlight of my rookie year was tying for second in PIMs in the entire league. We certainly learned von Stoodrick plays a little bit mean. 20 of these PIMs were for unsportsmanlike conduct. It seems like unfortunately for him, the refs understood some Czech curse words.
That aside, I think overall he performed well during the season, scoring points that are about average compared to the rest of the rookie defenseman. It felt low in the moment as the season was progressing, but in retrospect I'm proud he produced as much as he did, and I'm excited to see how he does in the upcoming seasons. He was heavily played, playing something like 22+ minutes a night, and in the upcoming seasons for the Berzerkers, he's only gonna be played more with the expectation of quarterback in the power play. With that in mind I'd like to improve on his puckhandling and overall play reading abilities. I think these would be huge for making a more lethal power play.

Messages In This Thread
RE: S72 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time - by Saucetonia - 09-28-2023, 10:00 AM