Create Account

S72 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time

Going into this season, Jussi Mutou expected to get lots of minutes on a rebuilding Colorado Raptors team. He expected to be able to use his offensive prowess to pick up lots of points for the team in an effort to give Raptors fans something to look forward to. And boy, did he ever contribute. Leading all rookies in goals and points, laying out tons of hits (while also picking up lots of PIMS), and generally just being a tough opponent to play against. On the flip side, his defensive game left tons to be desired. But Mutou has been putting a ton of effort into his defensive game to hopefully curb that aspect.

It will be tough to improve when expectations are now through the roof. A potential Rookie of The Year nomination heading his way will only add pressure to the young winger. Pressure that he welcomes.
“I love having everyone’s eyes on me, waiting to see what I do next. That way when I hit a clip, everyone knows it.”

[Image: JUSSI-MUTOU-SPOTLIGHT-450-X336.gif?ex=66...d3ba51b19&]
[Image: 29XRi31.png]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S72 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time - by ThisSeemsFishy - 09-28-2023, 05:48 PM