Create Account

S72 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time

A rookie season is always really hard. You move to a new city, have new teammates and you never really know how the fans are going to welcome you. My first season in Kelowna was fine. It is not an experience that I am going to write home about, but it also wasn’t the worst year of juniors you could ever have. On a personal growth level, I made the most of the season by really getting in good reps on game day. Capitalizing on ice time to grow the strengths in my game. However, on the other side of the coin, we didn’t have a very successful season from a team output perspective. Winning games and getting to the playoffs is a really important factor to me. I want to be playing in games when they matter and challenging the best in the world for their spot at the top of the league. We certainly didn’t have a deep run in the playoffs in my rookie season and as a result I was overall disappointed in my entire rookie campaign.

[Image: ho-lee-smokes-iihf.png]
Thanks Jove for my sig

Messages In This Thread
RE: S72 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time - by Nike - 09-30-2023, 09:14 AM