Create Account

S72 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time

Quote:Task: You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season? Were there any glorious moments that will forever be enshrined in your memory? (150 words min.)

Overall, it was a whatever season.
Offensively, I’d say it was a bit of a failure, but only because of goal scoring. 5 goals on 77 shots is bad, and 77 shots is worse. There definitely needs to be an increase in shots on goal from Jae-ik this upcoming season. That means getting to a place where he feels like he can reliably help the team by shooting instead of passing. For what he wants to be at the SHL level, having a good shot in your repertoire is something that is downright required.
Defensively, I think Jae-ik played to his strengths. He had the highest +/- of anyone on the team, albeit still a negative (-2). That says more about the general level of play of the team than anything personal I think, as the Great Falls Grizzlies were a squad that were coming together last season and beginning to take the first steps to being a high-calibre team. Jae-ik also put up decent advanced stats, considering.
In all, I think he’ll need to focus on improving his offense while maintaining his strong defensive play. Being a legitimate two-way threat is what I consider the main throughline for this player and there’s no reason that can’t begin to make itself known in the SMJHL.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Messages In This Thread
RE: S72 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time - by charlieconway - 09-30-2023, 02:37 PM