Create Account

S73 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game Playlist

I'm here to highlight five of my favorites from the Detroit Falcons' pre-game playlist!

1. Berzerk by Eminem: Obviously Eminem is an iconic local artist, and this rapid fire, sample-heavy tune is one that can fire up the room without being too obvious (Lookin' at you, Lose Yourself.)

2. Detroit Rock City by Kiss: While not a Detroit artist per say, This Kiss track from 1976 still accurately references our stomping grounds while summoning the adrenaline needed to go out and win a hockey game.

3. Bawitdaba by Kid Rock: Another big time modern Detroit artist clocks in here at number three. Love him or hate him, Kid Rock has made it his mission to become synonymous with City of Detroit since this debut track released almost twenty five years ago. He's also noted as being a huge Detroit hockey fan. Da Bang da dang diggy diggy, y'all!

4. Poem by Taproot: hailing from 25 minutes down I-94 in Ann Arbor, Taproot contribute Poem to the playlist for the boys. This one hits hard and really helps the Falcons get their juices going. Break the glass!

5. I Wanna Be Your Dog by The Stooges: Detroit City FC co-owner Iggy Pop's former band The Stooges takes the final spot in this list of five tracks. As an older song, this one doesn't go as hard as some of the others, but features driving guitars and percussion that let us zone out in the locker room a a sort of pre-game trance.

\
[Image: v09bRKvt_o.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
S73 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game Playlist - by Pyro182 - 10-16-2023, 09:27 AM
RE: S73 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game Playlist - by ibuprofenaddict - 10-16-2023, 02:12 PM
RE: S73 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game Playlist - by Juho - 10-19-2023, 08:09 AM