Create Account

S73 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time

What a year it was. From draft day, it was a bit of disappointment as I thought I was playing for a bottom dwelling team. Even when looking at predictions, I predicted us last in the division, but boy was I wrong. The season turned out ton be a massive surprise for myself, as we were able to make playoffs. Even though we lost in the first round to my old team, we were able to at least compete in those playoff games. For next season, personally I am looking to obviously get more points, but if I can play a more sound overall game to give us more wins, that is the goal. I was only able to achieve a total game rating of 65 for the season, and most teams are not winning with players of that calibre. Overall I would say I did have a good season though. As a third liner, I had a positive +/- and almost 40 points, playing a little more than 20 minutes a game. I would not say I had any glorious moments, but that first playoff win did give me that hope that next season could be a good one, even though this one did not end the way I may have wanted. The class of S74 on this team could give me some glorious moments over the next season though, as I believe this could be a group of people that could be special together, on this special team.

Words - 255

Messages In This Thread
RE: S73 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time - by JohnnyPatey - 11-11-2023, 10:25 PM