Create Account

S77 PT #2: Bigger, Better, Faster, Stronger Due: Sunday, June 23rd @ 11:59 PM PST

Option 2:

Being a sophomore in the SHL means you usually outmatched on the ice many times. These are skilled veterans in the SHL and I'm just coming into my own, still developing and creating my game. On defence, I'm up against some very stiff competition so I need to always be on my game if I want any success.

The one thing I always rely on is my positioning. Being able to get into position and stay with the play is huge. You're able to see the play developing and give you a better chance to react to the opposition. If you're out of position, you find yourself chasing the play the whole time and become a mess. I always try to stay in front of the opposing player and make them have to adjust to me. At the end of the day, I sacrifice my body and try to block as many shots as I can. As I grow and develop and hit my prime, I can take over games in different ways, but for now, positioning and shot blocking are my strengths that I use to keep up with the veterans in the league.

(195 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 79
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S77 PT #2: Bigger, Better, Faster, Stronger - by Leafs4ever - 06-20-2024, 07:05 AM