Create Account

S78 PT #1: You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid Due: Sunday, August 18th @ 11:59 PM PST

If you went back and interviewed all of the people who thought my player could be a 'somebody', then the whole documentary would be a spoken word movie. If I had to highlight three people it would be my player's dad and current Buffalo GM, Eric Vanderberg, their youth hockey coach and their skating coach. Obviously a dad is going to be a little biased. Okay, I kid, a dad is gonna be majorly biased for their child. But as a General Manager they also look at things with an eye to detail and unbiased. A youth hockey coach always wants one of their kids to reach for their dreams and believes any or all of their charges can make it big but they are often the first scouts to find that 'diamond in the rough.' Same for a skating coach, you can just tell someone has 'it' when they can perform above their level.

[Image: YQkXo45.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S78 PT #1: You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid - by Vandy - 08-12-2024, 03:58 PM