Create Account

S78 PT #1: You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid Due: Sunday, August 18th @ 11:59 PM PST

Yuri Boyka III has just started his 3rd season in the SMJHL. He is a player that has been gradually getting better as the seasons go by and he recently got the attention of "Sports Illustrated" who wants to put a short clip of Boyka's highlights in their documentary. Boyka III was excited and they asked for the people that first saw his potential. Boyka III listed his grandfather, the original legend, "Yuri Boyka", himself and Jess, the former GM of Nevada Battleborn. This is what the grandfather said about Boyka III,

"You know, I knew my grandson was special from the moment he was born. I don't know what it was but you can call it instinct. He had that "oomph" factor in him and I just knew he will surpass my in all my glory. Boyka III was able to walk and talk earlier than most kids i have known in my life. He picked things up quickly, where others had trouble and he would master them. He learned martial arts at the young age of 3 and as a result it helped him discipline himself as a man. His strength grew and so did his techniques. You wouldn't believe if I told you but my grandson could have made a better career in "soccer", but he went into hockey for my sake. Some referred to him as the next cristiano as he had the height and all the physical attributes. He also had great IQ for the game. We never claimed him to be the next messi because that man is an alien and his feats will never be repeated in our history. So the reason why he went into hockey was to prove to me that he was the better player. I trained him religiously and here we are today. He is a scoring phenom and if I had to compare him, he will become similar to Prime Stamkos in the NHL. I hope the best for my grandson and I know he will make me proud".

This is what Jess had to say about Boyka III, "You know, originally I had no idea about who this player is. It was time for our selection in in the s77 SMJHL draft, at the 42nd overall pick. We were running like chicken without heads and randomly picked Boyka III without assessing any of his background. To our surprise, he may have been the greatest sleeper in the entire draft. Boyka III was a gem to have and his discipline he had as a young boy definitely transitioned into this game. He would work hard everyday and stay longer in practice than anyone else. He knew he had to show the SHL world they missed out on a diamond in the rough when he was only selected 42nd. Here we are today, where Boyka III has become a point per game player. We only expect great things from him in the SHL. Unfortunately, I am no longer gm of Nevada Battleborn but I wish him the best. I know he will do well as he is currently the 5th highest TPE earning in his draft class."

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S78 PT #1: You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid - by soulja - 08-14-2024, 10:10 AM