Create Account

S78 PT #1: You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid Due: Sunday, August 18th @ 11:59 PM PST

Written Option 1

Whenever we have a new group of rookies in Texas, I make it a point to get them assimilated to the team and locker room before they ever step foot on the ice with the rest of the team. I like to take the rookies out in Texas, to see the sites and get some authentic Texas barbeque. I do believe that this quality time with teammates is critical to building that locker room chemistry that will last for seasons to come. Once the off season fun is over, we then take it to the ice. At that point, I will work with the rookie defenseman to teach them about the differences between the SHL and juniors where they may have played for several seasons prior. I really focus on how much faster the SHL game is, and how they need to be prepared to make quicker decisions and be more cautious with the risks they might take. I take my mentorship role very seriously, and if I can help make a rookie feel even one percent more prepared, I would be really happy.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S78 PT #1: You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid - by Operation Ivy - 08-15-2024, 11:42 PM