Create Account

S78 PT #1: You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid Due: Sunday, August 18th @ 11:59 PM PST

Option 2: First of all, I dunno who decided I was the right guy for a documentary, but I'm flattered. It's been a pretty up and down career for me so far, so I suppose I can see the narrative value, but still an odd pick. From my point of view, it's very obvious that the person who saw the most potential in me right from the start was my general manager, Dan Johnston. That might seem like an obvious pick for most players, but as someone who joined the league pretty late and had a lot to prove, Dan was the one who was singing my praises and advocating for his front office to make the pick early in the juniors draft, and I ended up going way early in the first round, almost assuredly earlier than anyone without any insider information would've expected. Dan would probably go on to say that I'm a good locker room presence and the team's biggest fan, because I'm always there cheering on the boys no matter how we might be doing that season, and I think that's why he advocated so strongly for me come draft time. At the very least, he'd make me look damn good in front of the camera, and that's all you can really ask for.

[Image: W4vTrno.png]

[Image: PDyLXEi.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S78 PT #1: You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid - by Steelflex - 08-18-2024, 06:01 PM