Create Account

MTL S79 Rookie Expectations

While I couldn't come up with a great title, I wanted to talk briefly about how I think this season will play out for MTL. As many know MTL is an up-and-coming team who are looking to change the notion often associated with the team. The S76 class for MTL was our largest and many vets have discussed this is when we will start to see significant progression. All members of the team are not yet regressing meaning that every single point of TPE is here to stay as we climb the mountain to ascend to where other teams are perched. After diving into the numbers, it is clear MTL is still behind most in terms of TPE. Sitting at an 1178 average (minus B.U.G) that puts us only ahead of HAM, EDM, CHI, WPG, and SEA plopping us at 15th in the league which technically is playoff territory if there weren't divisions! Unfortunately, for MTL four of the five teams I just mentioned are in the Western Conference while we are stuck in the East. With that being sad assuming we can edge out Hamilton I think there is a very real chance we finish 9th in the conference. BUT, maybe somehow some way, we can rise above Buffalo or Manhattan the Pats could enter the playoffs for the first time in a long time. I personally am keeping my hopes up high when it comes to that! Even if we don't make the playoffs our future looks pretty bright. After looking deeper into the lines of our conference rivals I've noticed powerhouses such as NEW and BAL are coming of age and soon the regression bug will bite (albeit not hard enough as you can see in my previous work "A quick gripe on regression") and there will come a day when MTL sits a top of the league in TPE, and I'm going to do everything I can to see that through. 

Go Pats.
(336 words)

Messages In This Thread
MTL S79 Rookie Expectations - by amjohnson636 - 10-08-2024, 02:34 AM
RE: MTL S79 Rookie Expectations - by sliceruser - 10-08-2024, 03:10 AM
RE: MTL S79 Rookie Expectations - by ghamss - 10-08-2024, 09:24 AM
RE: MTL S79 Rookie Expectations - by Rengoku - 10-08-2024, 10:17 AM