Create Account

The true "Parity Issue" in the league

11-17-2021, 05:35 PMTommySalami Wrote: I've been talking about parity with Teddy a lot since I got into HO. After my discussions with him, I'm of the opinion that successful teams are very successful because they have very good buy-in from their players and they have time to come up with an ideal strategy for an ideal group of players. The top teams have extremely similar builds and as a result of having extremely similar builds, they can create a single strategy that applies extremely well to every person on their team. If you don't have the same level of buy-in from your players (which quite frankly, I don't want to see) you aren't going to have the same success in finding a strategy because you have so many more variables to work with. If you put the current meta strategies on a regular NHL team, they do not perform well (or so I'm told).

Currently, HO has been working on something that has shown a lot of preliminary success in fixing the current Meta. I frankly won't give any info on it until it's been tested more and we're ready confident in the solution because the more time people know our solution, the more time people will be trying to break our solution. It's an unfortunate truth but as a former GM, I know it's what is going to happen.

We'll continue to monitor other options, but our goal is to get the league to the point where knowing the sim engine is an advantage, not the advantage.

gib archetypes with +1 to stats

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The true "Parity Issue" in the league - by PremierBromanov - 11-17-2021, 06:00 PM