Create Account

The true "Parity Issue" in the league

New player on first create, first ever time playing a sim league, so take this for the nothing it's probably worth.

I don't like archetypes as an idea. Making my own player build is half the fun for me. I want to be a big dumb power forward without putting a ton of points into screening; I'd rather snipe for my goals. My Josh Anderson wannabe is working out pretty well so far, even though the build is slightly off-meta. The two locker rooms I've been in have both known how to strike a balance between catering to the way I wanted to build my player, deploying that build in a way that gives it the best chance of being useful, while also making sure I understand what stats do what and which defensive stats matter more than others for the sim engine. I think archetypes would be solving a problem that doesn't exist in practice (unplayably awful noobtrap builds) by creating a real one (lack of build diversity / taking away the fun of making your own build).

Of course, archetypes could be community shorthand for a totally different idea and what I've said makes no sense, in which case ignore me.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The true "Parity Issue" in the league - by Zerg - 12-01-2021, 11:39 PM