Create Account

S65 SMJHL Draft Review - Ciarelli Division [2x Draft Media]

Not gonna lie, C+ was not what I was expecting. We got two of our 7oa board at 7 and 18 and moved our 3rd rounder out to next season which was something I was hoping to do going in to the day. Outside of wildly beneficial trades being dropped on us, it was probably the best draft we could have hoped for.

While there were a few options left on our board who I would have liked to bring in, our existing roster and an expected change to the new create placement process meant that it made more sense to move the pick out. Going from free agency to waivers, while not a massive change to Carolina, makes it much more likely that we end the season with two FA pickups where normally that could be a much more variable factor. There was potential for the changes to be announced after the draft, and I pushed for that announcement to be made before the draft so that teams could make educated decisions, which I think we did a very good job of. It's not Vancouver's draft class, but we didn't have that level of draft capital and I'm really happy with how we navigated the weekend.

I really like the breakdowns overall, and think you did a good job in highlighting quality drafts from Nevada, Quebec, and Anchorage. Would be curious to see season prediction media, if there's any on the horizon.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S65 SMJHL Draft Review - Ciarelli Division [2x Draft Media] - by sve7en - 05-11-2022, 02:50 PM