Create Account

New Contract Minimum Rules

Quote:Originally posted by RehnX@Sep 6 2013, 12:34 PM
So, now that "ur just mad that ur team cant sign fas lolol only reason steelhawks r against it" can't be used <_<.

This doesn't change anything, never will, and the only people it hurts are new players because the salary will be unchaged in the grand scheme of mathematics as teams will simply reverse the sums to make up for it.

It's a good idea at it's core, but was not thought through at all as it was rushed to be implemented after a team bitched.
One team did not "bitch"

Infact, ace posted, And their was unbearable support, it's not like he forced commishes to make the rule and that he's the only reason. Seriously, give the rule time.

[Image: MaU5eKD.png]
[Image: kECK2tc.png]

'k, I'll give it time. Let me know when it works.

I love the home team discount if you've been there 5 or more seasons, awesome work guys.

Smile

[Image: thejesster435.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Jesster - HoF Goalie (S1-S14)
Proud Calgary Dragon Alumni 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons | Sweden | Raptors

It's not going to have any effect for about 2-3 seasons probably. :lol: Once all the contracts start to turn over, then you'll see how much parity is created with just a little extra money going to those high TPE players.

[Image: ArmiaJr.png]

You won't have teams that have guys who do amazing during their rookie contract then sign a career deal for 500k, that's going tomake a big difference in the long run.

[Image: ArmiaJr.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wadester@Sep 6 2013, 11:00 AM
You won't have teams that have guys who do amazing during their rookie contract then sign a career deal for 500k, that's going tomake a big difference in the long run.

Like I did

:ph34r:

Tbh, I am not going to use my PO in S18 just to be fair to everyone

[Image: hallsy.png]

There is also another problem with contracts, People with more than 1 year of PO. I don't think it is allowed in any sport.

You could have one year of PO,TO, MO each but no 5 years of PO.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JNH@Sep 6 2013, 01:19 PM
I read your point but if I'm understanding you right, if I was counting for 5 mil against the cap, why would I only take 500k?&nbsp; I might as well take the 5 mil if my team has to put it against the cap anyways.

Well it depends. Like I said I also mentioned two separated "budget",

The Player Cap Value is only there to keep some sort of parity because as it stand right now, someone could sign every superstar player for 500k if they all wanted to create a super team that wins everything. Tell me how a team can't do this as of today? The % of chance that this might happen is low, but if there's such a strong reaction currently about this sole subject.. my guess is that some people are feeling that the 500k signing is pure steal. So by keeping your player along the cap, no team can hoard everyone.

As for the contract money, that would depends entirely to your GM. Let says you have 5 000 000$ left to spend on contract this year. You could then help you team by signing for 500 000$ (since you don't need it) leaving 4 500 000$ for luring FA that wants bigger contract for whatever reasons. So while your player still count high against the cap, you helped your team.

But I am just trowing ideas here and there because this whole thread is just bitching around without solutions. If the league wants to keep it that way, I am fine with it. Just trying to help out.

It aint gonna hurt new player in fact they are gonna need to make more articles. Separates the good ones from the bad ones.

Discord are for plebs

Quote:Originally posted by ,Sep 6 2013@ 07:48 PM
It aint gonna hurt new player in fact they are gonna need to make more articles. Separates the good ones from the bad ones.

Yeahthat

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ,Sep 6 2013@ 01:48 PM

When I was starting here, I earned almost all of my money writing scouting reports. It was the best money-making venture in the league. Now I rarely see them, and it makes me sad.

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Sep 6 2013, 01:58 PM

When I was starting here, I earned almost all of my money writing scouting reports. It was the best money-making venture in the league. Now I rarely see them, and it makes me sad.

Same but if was more through writing media articles. I've barely made anything significant off of jobs or contracts. Hard work translates and it'll help you programs as a member too.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Btw, love this rule to death

Quote:Originally posted by JNH@Sep 6 2013, 02:07 PM

Same but if was more through writing media articles.&nbsp; I've barely made anything significant off of jobs or contracts. Hard work translates and it'll help you programs as a member too.

This.

Also, do we have a cap floor? Like NHL has a cap cieling, cap floor. That could also avoid the players signing for minimum issue.

Quote:Originally posted by Donini13@Sep 6 2013, 02:54 PM

This.

Also, do we have a cap floor? Like NHL has a cap cieling, cap floor. That could also avoid the players signing for minimum issue.

Meh you could just sign someone to a one year deal for 10 mil Tongue

Really easy to circumvent it. Whereas in the NHL the team is moving real $$ so they have to be careful about handing out big bucks, whereas here its different.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers