https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=315967 pbe affiliation

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

PBE PT Claim

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

So the obvious things will always be winning a cup for most people and it's definitely one of those for me too even if it feels like ages ago as a user that I won. I think the most surprising thing to me though, especially because I was directly a part of it, was the rise and fall of Ireland in IIHF and how dominant I was able to take them before falling off the face of the earth in IIHF. IIHF has long been one of those leagues with super teams that do well every single season and you may (especially in the sths era) have a random team come in to win a gold medal or something then be back out of it again, but the same 3 teams really dominated most of it. So to be able to build up Ireland to what they were and subsequently roll off that first gold medal is something I'll never forget. But what made it truly special was to roll off that gold medal again, and again, and again, and again; 5 times in a row somehow to do something no other team had been able to do (though Canada looks like they can probably match it now with the move to FHM and their dominance.

216 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Many of Mika Mayfields player movements have been unexpected. Some of them even by herself. She is loyal by heart. But people can betray that loyalty. She got drafted to Manhattan where after many seasons she was traded due to her appearance of being inactive. She arrived in Minnesota to drop a massive update. After a few seasons and many harassment claims she found herself leaving the lovely team of Minnesota to join her husband in New Orleans. This was not the right move for Mika. Although she loved most everyone there, there were a couple who took the life out of the party. Demanding a trade, Mika finally was traded many seasons after. Back to the amazing Minnesota. They had long gotten rid of Mr Harassment. The core of people I admired were still there and it made sense. Some say they over paid, but I say it shows how loved Mika was and am. Love you minny <3

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

One of the biggest surprises in FR Finn-Rhys' career was being selected as the 4th overall pick by Edmonton way back in the SHL draft many moons ago. FR was a decent prospect but was definitely not seen as a top tier prospect since he was a relatively late addition to the league and was nowhere near the top when it came to TPE totals in the draft class. FR was expecting to be taken late in the first round or early in the second round at best. Instead, the phone rang and Edmonton said they wanted him, something that was shocking since Edmonton had seemed to show only lukewarm interest in him when he interviewed with them and did a team workout. Clearly though, it was all a big ploy to draw teams off their scent since Edmonton clearly wanted FR and wanted him bad enough to take him that early in the draft.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

Getting drafted near the end of the 2nd round in the S55 SHL draft was a bit of a surprise for Daniil Nikiforov. He was expecting to be a top drafted talent. There might have been some confusion with the level of skill that Nikiforov possessed. His agent has been known to represent players that have been a flash in the pan in seasons past. But Daniil was something special compared to the rest of the chaff handled by agent Geert Beekhof of the Haas Talent Group. Since being drafted at 27th Overall in the S55 Draft, Nikiforov has propelled him into the Top 10 in TPE in the class, as well as having top 3 in points among his draft class contemporaries. He has become the fastest growing of his draft class among other Baltimore Platoon picks (Teddy Murphy and Lord Raiden) and has grabbed his spot as a top line winger in only his second season. The Baltimore Platoon winger has gone from overlooked prospect to one of the premier young players in the league. But being drafted late was definitely not something that was expected for Nik. 

[190 Words]

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

The most unexpected thing in Ryan Shepard's hockey life was when he started his first season in SMJHL. After many years of experience in junior hockey around Canada, he got drafted into the SMJHL at 18. The game as he knew it didn't change much, but the thing he wasn't ready for was the zombie-like players in SMJHL and SHL. He'd heard of these "inactives" in passing before but it was a shock when he experienced it on the ice initially. There was something off-putting about these players, it's like they weren't all there. The first time he lined up at the faceoff dot against one, it stared right past him with lifeless eyes as it glided into position to take the draw. It mechanically put its stick down and just waited. Shepard was uncertain how to deal with this and the ref told him "this is just how it is here, take the faceoff and he'll return to normal". He took a few seconds to collect himself and got ready for the faceoff. As soon as the puck dropped, the centre that was motionless in front of him sprung to life again and played like nothing was wrong.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

Hundreds, thousands, probably even millions of unexpected events happen in each person’s life, provided they grow old enough. Igor’s life has countless events that we could talk about here, but I think that there is one that is especially relevant for this prompt. One of the most unexpected things to happen in Igor Petrov’s life was his decision to pursue hockey as a career and passion. Growing up with the Petrov siblings, everyone was always great at hockey. They were born for it. Igor also had this innate talent at hockey, but long ago, he was missing the passion for it. It was all that they talked about as a family, all that they did, all that they watched, etc. He was kind of sick of it, even at a young age. He gravitated towards bull riding, and he was pretty good at it! He went around to tournaments, crushing the opposition. His siblings made fun of him for it, but he loved it. The only problem is that bull riding doesn’t pay the bills quite like professional hockey does. So he ended up having to pursue hockey instead. He still rides bulls when he gets the chance, just don’t tell his coaches.

[Image: petrov.png]

I don't know if you guys have heard, but HO made an ambiguously worded rule and then punished the North Stars for it. They had to trade players and rethink the future franchise, all while being in the division that wins every season. Was that a surprise? yes. Is this being salty? No, because that would imply their complaint is ridiculous. HO acted in bad faith and it did not matter because they are not going to be punished for it, only the North Stars were punished. It is okay though, do not worry. Realignment is happening and it is not like they had to give up first round picks for a problem that should have been handle with much more finesse. Oh well, I guess we are going to have to win a cup with everyone and their mothers on our back (except the great lakes because well, look at our record as a division).

mic drop

drain the lakes.

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]

PBE PT

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
[Image: 9sKIbXE.png]

I think probably the most largely unexpected moment of my career was when I was traded to the Seattle Argonauts from the Hamilton Steelhawks. Obviously being traded wasn't a surprise to me because I asked for a move out, but I think most people would have expected I stay in Hamilton for my whole career. It was tough leaving because I love Hamilton and hang out there all the time still, and honestly even a few seasons before I would probably have said I would stay there my whole career. Sometimes you want to move on for a new challenge in your career after having won so much silverware though, and I wanted to broaden my horizons and talk to new people. It was fun talking to a bunch of teams about the potential of playing for them, and ultimately Seattle were obviously the ones that got a deal done. It was a very unprecedented turn in my career that not many, including myself, would have predicted, but we will see where it goes from here.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

I don't mean to stir up any bygone shit, but when I think of maybe the biggest, most unexpected and inexplicable surprise I witnessed myself during my still pretty short career here, it must have been when, out of the blue in Season 57, the new Anchorage Armada general manager duo Gabe and Bear were suddenly accused and also right away punished for creating a toxic environment in the Anchorage locker room. 
The punishment came on the heels of another one to one of the guys in there who had been reported for an instance of excessive trolling, which seemed fair enough in itself. But to anyone in the locker room itself, these charges against Gabe and Bear couldn't have been more preposterous and were indeed later shown to be based on selectively manipulated out-of-context screen captures that had been leaked to the SMJHL head office with later admitted malicious intent by one of the members of the locker room for whatever reasons they had for it.
It turned out to be an embarrasing debacle of justice being meted out under false assumptions and based on one-sided information, as under the manipulative gaze of the accuser and their presented 'evidence', nobody from the head office had even allowed Gabe or Bear the chance to explain their side before the punishment was already levied. 
Fortunately their appeals to the punishment were later accepted and the punishments rescinded for the most part when additional evidence was provided to show the earlier manipulation of justice for what it was.
This was truly the oddest and most surprising turn of events that I have witnessed in the SHL thus far.

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

I think the biggest surprise for Bean’s career was when he was a prospect for the J. A lot of team and General Mangers were reaching out but nothing that really stood out interview-wise. But there was one conversation and it was with Wearingabear where we were talking about Anchorage. The conversation ended in us talking about how much gabe sucked even though I did not know Gabe at that point. Later on Gabe reached out because of Bear’s recommendation and it went smooth because Gabe knew I said he sucked. It was one of the best interviews that I had for Bean and I was really hoping on Bean falling to Anchorage in the draft. Luckily Bean did in fact fall to the Armada in the first round and Bean went on to win the 4 star cup with Anchorage. Since then Bean has been back to back Captain of the Armada and has not missed a finals.

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

He’s the son of a ice hockey professional, so he has seen his fair share of unexpected events while hanging around the arena growing up. Whether it was the surprise birthday party where he and his friends all got to skate in the biggest arena in Ontario and play a little bit of hockey where the professionals do. That was a great surprise birthday for a kid whose life was full of unexpected events. He remained humble throughout it all and appreciative. He knew he was one of the lucky kids growing up with practically anything he wanted. Even the gifts his friends brought to the surprise birthday party were well received though they technically lacked in comparison to what his parents provided. It wasn’t about the price tag of the gift, it was all about the intent and meaning of the gift. He recognized that at a young age and it allowed him to grow as a person.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]