Create Account

Updated: Changes to Regression

12-02-2021, 08:31 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
12-02-2021, 08:28 PMhonkerrs Wrote: if only tbb cared this much to mention anything to HO on the day  brought it up 2 weeks ago, least publicly . maybe this blow out couldve been avoided. damn
not really my job to stop HO from making bad decisions

but it could be

Critical thinking isn't a strong suit of the PHI GMs

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

12-02-2021, 08:32 PMMyLittleHexx Wrote:
12-02-2021, 08:31 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: not really my job to stop HO from making bad decisions

but it could be

Critical thinking isn't a strong suit of the PHI GMs
You're still in the league?

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

12-02-2021, 06:56 PMroastpuff Wrote:
12-02-2021, 06:49 PMVaxlare Wrote: I think this is one of the worst reasons to disagree with this. Push it off and a different class get screwed over. So we just say "my class is better than yours, you should suffer instead?"

They had to find a cut-off. But 53/54 has had to contend with the STHS -> FHM change, the update scale change where getting to 19/20 get much more difficult, and now this. Why is it always 53/54 that get the short end of the stick? Why is it always this class that ends up being the cut-off for changes to happen? Why can't HO find a better way to introduce this change than a massive shock right before the end of the season?

The fact that it's happening at my peak season just feels like it's making it personal. Is it a great reason to disagree? Probably not. Am I hurting over it? Yeah, I am. I poured almost two years into Magnus Liljestrom, and into this site via various jobs/activity, etc. It just feels like it's coming for naught.

This is exactly how I feel so you are not alone and am sure there are many people in the S53/S54 class that feel the exact same way. A question I would like to ask HO is why was a grandfather system not considered for a drastic change that effects a certain group of members more then others?

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

So like... a lot of the issues stem from the 9 season change. Why this over a scale with a more frontloaded first regression and better falloff plan than the current rules?

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

12-02-2021, 08:39 PMr1c3bowl22 Wrote:
12-02-2021, 08:32 PMMyLittleHexx Wrote: Critical thinking isn't a strong suit of the PHI GMs
You're still in the league?
After this regression change, who knows lol

Sven Holmberg

12-02-2021, 08:39 PMleafsftw1967 Wrote:
12-02-2021, 06:56 PMroastpuff Wrote: They had to find a cut-off. But 53/54 has had to contend with the STHS -> FHM change, the update scale change where getting to 19/20 get much more difficult, and now this. Why is it always 53/54 that get the short end of the stick? Why is it always this class that ends up being the cut-off for changes to happen? Why can't HO find a better way to introduce this change than a massive shock right before the end of the season?

The fact that it's happening at my peak season just feels like it's making it personal. Is it a great reason to disagree? Probably not. Am I hurting over it? Yeah, I am. I poured almost two years into Magnus Liljestrom, and into this site via various jobs/activity, etc. It just feels like it's coming for naught.

This is exactly how I feel so you are not alone and am sure there are many people in the S53/S54 class that feel the exact same way. A question I would like to ask HO is why was a grandfather system not considered for a drastic change that effects a certain group of members more then others?

We are casualties of tpe inflation apparently.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

12-02-2021, 08:41 PMsve7en Wrote: So like... a lot of the issues stem from the 9 season change. Why this over a scale with a more frontloaded first regression and better falloff plan than the current rules?

Because 10 seasons ago it was hard to reach 2k TPE and now it's easy and for some reason that matters, despite TPE only mattering in the context of the update scale.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

this is very very very very very very bad

this has been a certified bloos take

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

12-02-2021, 06:56 PMroastpuff Wrote: The fact that it's happening at my peak season just feels like it's making it personal.
You feeling like HO changed regression to personally spite you is a you problem, not a problem with the changes.

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2021, 09:01 PM by honkerrs.)

12-02-2021, 08:41 PMsve7en Wrote: So like... a lot of the issues stem from the 9 season change. Why this over a scale with a more frontloaded first regression and better falloff plan than the current rules?
"It has been a goal of Head Office to increase parity in the league. We have tried to accomplish this with changes aimed at reducing the length of competitive windows and allowing lower-end teams the ability to turn around and compete faster. These regression changes are the next step in ensuring that we meet that goal, for the good of the entire site’s enjoyment of the league. Thank you to everyone who had a hand in helping with this, from testing to feedback, we’re excited to see how these changes improve things going forward!"

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

12-02-2021, 08:56 PMMemento Mori Wrote:
12-02-2021, 06:56 PMroastpuff Wrote: The fact that it's happening at my peak season just feels like it's making it personal.
You feeling like HO changed regression to personally spite you is a you problem, not a problem with the changes.

I acknowledge that this is a me problem. Still hurts though.

[Image: image.png]

12-02-2021, 09:00 PMroastpuff Wrote: I acknowledge that this is a me problem. Still hurts though.

I'm with you pal this can be a "us" problem

[Image: lespoils.gif]

I'm part of team us

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Next regression change better be regression not starting until you are called up to the SHL

Sven Holmberg

12-02-2021, 08:42 PMMyLittleHexx Wrote:
12-02-2021, 08:39 PMr1c3bowl22 Wrote: You're still in the league?
After this regression change, who knows lol
That's a big yikes

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]