Create Account

S63 mPT #3: CUZ BABY TONIGHT 3

My favorite band is The Front Bottoms and there's quite a few that have hit perfectly for the time in my life, from everyone blooms on their own time helping to recognize that just because I'm not in the same place as others doesn't mean I'm not where I should be to the lyrics that brought me to them from Jim Bogart:

Sometimes, things jus don't work out
The way you want them to
Sometimes things just don't work out
They way they should flow through
Sometimes things just don't work out
It's better me than it is you

Break your neck, and I will love you
Like a bird that cannot fly
You will be fine
And she says, Break your neck, and I will love you
Every night
You will be mine.

Those hit at the perfect time in my life, to understand toxic relationships and that you can't just force things to work. To understand that you don't have to put yourself down to help others up. To understand that nothing is perfect, but we shouldn't compromise our happiness to try to make it so.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

My favorite opening line to a song ever is from Sugar Ray's Every Morning "Every mornin' there's a halo hangin' from the corner
Of my girlfriend's four-post bed"

And my favorite chorus line to a song is from Courtney Barnett's Don't Apply Compression; "I may not be 100% happy but at least I’m not with you"

Code:
56 Words

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2022, 07:37 PM by Ronniewalker.)

Pearl Jam - Jeremy

At home drawing pictures
Of mountain tops
With him on top
Lemon yellow sun
Arms raised in a V
And the dead lay in pools of maroon below

Daddy didn't give attention
Oh, to the fact that mommy didn't care
King Jeremy the wicked
Oh, ruled his world

Jeremy spoke in class today

Clearly I remember
Pickin' on the boy
Seemed a harmless little fuck
But we unleashed the lion
Gnashed his teeth and bit the recess lady's breast
How could I forget

And he hit me with a surprise left
My jaw left hurting
Dropped wide open
Just like the day
Oh, like the day I heard

Daddy didn't give affection, no
And the boy was something that mommy wouldn't wear
King Jeremy the wicked
Oh ruled his world

Try to forget this (try to forget this)
Try to erase this (try to erase this)
From the blackboard

Jeremy spoke in
Spoke in
Jeremy spoke in
Spoke in

——

This was the first Pearl Jam song I heard, more than 20 years ago now. I was in my late teens and had already had problems with bullying in school since I was little. It wasn’t even happening that much by then, but I was still haunted by it to the point where changing schools didn’t help me out of my anxiety - I always felt like whatever little misstep I made in the eyes of my new classmates could kickstart the whole thing. It took me the next decade an half to regain a fairly normal level of self-esteem and I still have recurring bouts of depression to this day that I think have their roots back in my childhood school experience. 

In fact I think I came upon this song after I had already cut ties with school altogether. And it’s probably better that I had, because boy did it strike a chord in me right away! Despite my situation not being as bad as in the song (my parents, while divorced, cared about me very much, thankfully), I can only imagine what ideas it might have given me when I was still actually in the midst of that situation. I’m not even sure if I heard it on the radio first or saw the video somewhere, but whatever effect it had on me was probably more than doubled by the video, once I saw it. I’m not ashamed to say I was in tears then and might be even now, if I saw it again in the right mood. It’s a powerful video to a powerful song.

But while the feelings and memories that the song and video conjured in me are painful, the song has always had a kind of cathartic effect on me. One reason is the realization that somewhere someone has understood this pain so well to put it into such words and such pictures. I am not alone. And also, that I am lucky not to have been pushed as far as that — that I chose to step back from that situation before it became truly tragic. Because the potential had certainly been there at times. Another emotional side to the song is the anger it conveys at being misunderstood and/or ignored, be it by the parents, the school system or by the classmates. Every time I hear this song even now, I feel like growling along with Eddie when it reaches that part. 

But luckily I have largely been able to put most of this behind me over the years. It’s just when the prompt asked for lyrics that are meaningful to me personally, I thought that perhaps this song is one of those that have sort of ‘hit home’ the closest.

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

We are the champions by Queen is so cheesy but some of my best moments playing hockey are from hearing that song after winning a tourney

We are the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting till the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the World

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

"Smooth seas don't make good sailors, jump ship and head for failure" is my favorite set of song lyrics. I've got it tattooed on my left shoulder & bicep with a bit of american traditional ink. One of the most influential lyrics of the last 10 years of my life.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

My favorite band by a longshot is Phish. One of their songs "waste" jives really well with how I feel about the SHL. The chorus generally goes "Come waste your time with me". Fellow SHL's I implore you to stay active. Come waste your time with me.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Trees - Marty Casey & Lovehammers

"I don't want to go through this life
Without you, by my side
And I-I-I, got it all worked out
In my head, is all it got to be

It'll be you and me
Up in the trees
And the forest will give us the answer
It'll be you and I
Up in the sky
It's a combination for disaster"

It just really resonates with me that when you're with that one special person, it doesn't matter what's going on in the rest of the world, things will be better.

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

"If I had the courage, I'd pour into a jar
all the things that I have heard you whisper in the dark.
And when that jar was heavy with your honeyed confidence
I'd put it to my lips and drink its meaning and its sense."

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

I can't pinpoint a favourite song lyric, but "Unstoppable" by The Score is definitely up there in hype music as the following lyrics brings the energy up and is also a reminder to chin up in difficult situations.

"We can be heroes everywhere we go
Keeping us down is impossible
'Cause we're unstoppable"

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Personally I've always been a bit shy about telling girls how I feel so I found a song that really inspires me to lay my cards on the table and let them know that I'm not just some chump. It goes like this:

We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
We've known each other for so long
Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it
And if you ask me how I'm feeling
Don't tell me you're too blind to see
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna give, never gonna give
(Give you up)
We've known each other for so long
Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

“God only knows it’s not what we would choose… to do…”

i am a huge pink floyd fan, and you could probably replace that lyric with most of their lyrics and i would know where it was from.

but Us and Them holds a special place in my soul.

[Image: vo42C2b.png]
[Image: hTIaaQX.gif]
HIT SOMEBODY

Cheers to tweedledunn and supertardis101 for the awesome signatures!

Kanye West once said “Mayonnaise coloured Benz, I push miracle whips,” and that as really stuck with me, especially as someone who is a mayonnaise lover

From the song Judas In My Mind by Fozzy:

What have I become, now that I've betrayed
Everyone I've ever loved, I pushed them all away
And I have been a slave to the Judas in my mind
Is there something left for me to save
In the wreckage of my life, my life
I'm becom-, I'm becom-, I'm becoming
Judas in, Judas in my mind
Judas in, Judas in my mind
Judas in my mind

Ever since I first heard this song, I really liked the tune and beat of it and it made me feel some extra energy on the inside, if that makes sense haha.

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

The only piece of music that I remember actually listening to the lyrics compared to the melodies and music behind it was one of the latest releases by ABBA "Don't shut me down". The way they incorporated their own story into a song that also felt modern and still felt entirely like ABBA is great.

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

I find this bit in rammstein pretty good

"Deutschland! Mein herz in flammen, will dich lieben und verdammen. Deutschland! Dein atem kalt so jung und doch so alt."

It reflects so good on the history of germany how it's so young but still been through a lot.