Create Account

S76 All Star Week Due: Sunday, June 2nd @ 11:59 PM PST

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3517617

3 TPE 

Code:
2a. Which of the three Montreal players would have been best addition to either of the teams?

When looking at Montreal right winger Damien Hirano, left winger Jussi Mutou, and defenseman Valerija Serapin, I think Hirano would have been the best addition to the All Star Game. Hirano led the team in goals (26), was second in assists (33), and had the best overall game rating with 74. That's enough to just edge out Mutou who had a overall game rating of 72. 

1 TPE

Code:
2c. Which of the teams could have better top line (center and two wingers), WhiteFuzz with Johnny Wagner-Svenson - Viktor Hargreeves - Antoine Beauregard or JRuke with Erik Bergmark - Derek Martin - Aksel Fiske? Why you think they are better?

When you look at the two top lines of Jhnny Wagner-Svenson - Viktor Hargreeves - Antoine Beauregard from WhiteFuzz or JRuke with Erik Bergmark - Derek Martin - Aksel Fiske from JRuke, it's really hard to determine which one is better. The WhiteFuzz line combined for 145 goals and 165 assists this season, compared to 146 goals and 167 assists from the JRuke line. The biggest seperator was the +/- with the first line putting up a combined +76 versus a combined +92 from the second line. For that reason, if forced to pick the better line I'd go with the one from JRuke. 

1 TPE

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

The Toronto North Stars had two all Stars this season - left wing EGGWARD ELRIC and defenseman Brooklyn Physt. Both are well deserving selections, but today I will focus on EGGWARD ELRIC. When I think of ELRIC, the first thing I think of is electric and that describes his play style. ELRIC finished the season 2nd on the North Stars in goals with 36 and 1st on the team in assists with 61. That put him with 97 total points, just shy of triple digits. The North Stars had their ups and downs this year, but ELRIC was a consistent force for the team. He was the only forward on the team with a plus rating (+2). 32 of his 36 goals this year came at full strength, with only four coming from the power play. What stood out with ELRIC was his all around game, as he led the team in hits with 134. His overall game rating of 76 also led the team, proving he was a no brainer selection for this year's All Star Game.

3 TPE

[Image: dinonuggets2.gif]
Credit to Amidships & sulovilen

Milestones!

3 TPE

9. Written, 3 TPE, Players Tribune (150 words min.)

Well, so another season in the books. After last seasons early out in the playoffs the goal was clear: Cup or Bust. While we were right on track until the very end, sadly we did not quite take the cup, but in the end I would not say it was bust. We had a great season, I had a great season too, but in the end the team performance matters the most and that was nothing else but spectacular. After a rough start in the first couple of games, coach adjusted our play style and strategies a bit and it immediately took, the first line with the Lavoie's and myself was pretty great and Mia especially dominated the season in terms of goals and assists. I myself was more focussed on the assist part but we nearly all made the top 3 in that category and taking the team to the cup was nothing but amazing. One more season left in the Juniors, cup or bust, this time for real!

170 words, 3 TPE

10. Written, 3 TPE, Most Offensive Goalie (150 words min.)

I am proposing a totally new award. Everyone knows how there is the Golden Raspberry (or the "Razzies") as a counterpoint to the Oscars. It is for bad movies or actors, scripts etc. I think the SHL could make a lighthearted award for the worst player(s) of the season per position group. Since it should be a lighthearted "award" we should not just poop on people who are doing their best, but more of a funny thing of people who have been here for a while, are high up in TPE and are just underperforming or have funny oopsies throughout the season, we do not want to turn people off with this, just make it a fun experience, like it is an honor sometimes to win a Golden Raspberry because sometimes it is just fun to suck. The award should always be named after the previous winner and thus always remember the person who sucked the most the season before.

160 words, 3 TPE

TOTAL 9 TPE, BUT RUDE TASK ONLY ALLOWS FOR 8, SO 8 PLS.

[Image: gREvMiW.png] [Image: H3aFgmg.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and
then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the
person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks
milestones.
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3519116
+2 TPE

Code:

Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they,
why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do
you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made
the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the
only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write
about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)
The Texas Renegades had a handful of representatives in this all-star game, but for my post today I have to give a shoutout to Chris Valentine. A natural defenseman, Valentine made the switch to center this season and even with lofty expectations, he did not disappoint and certainly deserved this all-star game nod. Valentine committed to the offensive style of play as a new forward, and the results showed. He finished second on the Texas roster with 89 points on 36 goals. Now, the offensive stats are impressive but what I am most impressed by and why I think Valentine really deserved this nomination is the incredible 57.1% faceoff percentage. That is hard for anyone to accomplish, let alone a former defenseman! On top of all of that, Valentine is a leader for our team and just a great all around guy. I am very happy for him and he earned this spot and I expect many more all-star games for the new forward. (164 words)

Code:

A popular format of media that has made a resurgence recently due to
certain dedicated media writers, The Player's Tribune involves writing
from your player's point of view in the 1st person. Write your Player's
Tribune about your player's season. How do they feel about their
results? Did they achieve their goals? Are they venting out frustration?
Are there any moments of the season that were memorable?
Writing about this season, I have to highlight ups and downs. I was really impressed with our team's ability to once again find a lot of success in the regular season as we finished fourth in the SHL with 96 team points. That is a positive, but on the negative side I was disappointed with our early exit in round 2 of the playoffs. Me and my teammates have cup expectations every year, so anything short of that is not a success. Personally, I think I have a lot of improvements to make in my game. It was nice having more goals scored, but I need to get my passing back to where it was previously and I have to finish with better takeaway numbers in the regular season. I was pleased to have 9 points in 13 playoff games this season, but I still have room to improve my defensive play in those important games. All in all, I am content but not satisfied with my play this season. (170 words)

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

GM pass

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2024, 10:20 PM by Grum. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Link to claim

+3

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Which of the three Montreal players would have been best addition to either of the teams?
b. Nash Topalo and Seamus O'Slapahan were only defencemen picked in top 10. Were they two best options this season? Should there have been more picked early on?
c. Which of the teams could have better top line (center and two wingers), WhiteFuzz with Johnny Wagner-Svenson - Viktor Hargreeves - Antoine Beauregard or JRuke with Erik Bergmark - Derek Martin - Aksel Fiske? Why you think they are better?
d. Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz and Sir Devoir were picked with back to back picks and thus both teams secured their started. Does either side have advantage on net? Back up goalies were picked lot later, do you think they can play role in the game at all?
e. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, tell us why they were picked.)

b. I think Nash Topalo was for sure the best defenseman option this season, mostly just due to sheer number of TPE and the versatility of his player/build which would be able to fit very well on any combination of players for the all star game. Slapahan however I think could be debated between Eel or Lund as the 2nd best option. Certaintly a great player but not as clear cut as Topalo was to me. 
d. Sir Devoir probably is the slightly better goalie here but really not by that much. All star goalies in general to me are all pretty close together in terms of skill, you kind of just have to hope yours is on fire on that particular night. I do think backup goalies will have some impact in this game if their starter isn't doing so hot.

+2

Code:

Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Usually for this task I pick the old all star veteran that has made it to these games countless time sin their careers and talk about how awesome it is to see them still be able to reach great heights in this league, but this time I actually want to bring up Furious Chicken who is a s71 defenseman on the stampede. Furious Chicken had a great season, able to put up 21 goals, 20 assist, 217 shots blocked, and get 64 hits on the season. While Chicken might not have the offensive game of some of the other top defenseman in this league, his defensive ability and especially positioning sure make up for it. For a player in just his 3rd season, it is truly impressive to see him be able to make the all star team this season and I am sure we will see him on that roster many more time in the future.

+3

8 Total

ASW GM pass because I feel like I might forget

hi gwen if you grade this

Milestones 3TPE https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3519300

Rage Falcons Latvia Latvia Falcons Rage
[Image: HOlloway.png]

GM Pass

[Image: Wally.png]

SMJHL HO Off-Season Pass

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: Tqabyfh.png]

1. MILESTONE - +3

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Milestones (+3 TPE)

The Nevada Battleborn's all star representative for this season is Lucas Raymond. While drafted as a forward, Raymond has been playing D for us for both of these past seasons, which makes his all star performance that much more impressive. He was 5th on the team in points, and 1st among defenders with 17 goals and 29 assists for 46 points this season, a very solid mark for a defenseman. He was also tied for 2nd on the team in shots, had a beautiful 56:14 TA/GA ratio, and led the team in corsi. He was an absolute force for Nevada all season, and it's not at all surprising to see him chosen as our representative for the all star game. As a 350 TPE defender, he might be a bit overmatched in the all-star game but I do think he'll be able to provide some solid plays and some big swag

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

c. Which of the teams could have better top line (center and two wingers), WhiteFuzz with Johnny Wagner-Svenson - Viktor Hargreeves - Antoine Beauregard or JRuke with Erik Bergmark - Derek Martin - Aksel Fiske? Why you think they are better?

I gotta go with WhiteFuzz on this one. For me, the biggest thing is that Viktor Hargreeves was the only reason my fantasy team was even half decent last season, and thus I trust him with my life. I did not have any of Bergmark, Martin, or Fiske on my fantasy team so they're all really bad. 

e. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, tell us why they were picked.)

It's honestly criminal that I wasn't picked. First off, I was almost a point per game and that's pretty good. Who cares if two people on the team were well ahead of me in points and didn't make it either, they're lame anyway. Did anybody else have like 180 hits? The answer is no and I didn't even bother looking to see if the answer is no. I should've made it this is NONSENSE

Code:

+3 TPE

Code:
6. Graphic, 3 TPE, Get your tickets!
Create an add that tries to sell tickets to All-Star Game, needs to shows few of the top players and highlights the location (New Orleans).

[Image: 4TE1QSw.jpeg]

Code:
A popular format of media that has made a resurgence recently due to certain dedicated media writers, The Player's Tribune involves writing from your player's point of view in the 1st person. Write your Player's Tribune about your player's season. How do they feel about their results? Did they achieve their goals? Are they venting out frustration? Are there any moments of the season that were memorable?

Hi hockey world, it's me, Jaromir Jagrbomb. When they asked me to write about my season, I first said no. It was too soon. I was still trying to get over our playoff exit, that happened way too fast. Buffalo was the favorite in the series so our loss might not look like a surprise to many. But we felt that we had a lot more in us than just one playoff win. Luckily I have a long time to get better over the summer, so I can help our team go further next season.

Our season was still in many ways a step forward from the previous one. We played in the playoffs, which was the first time for me. I didn't hit my point total from the previous season, but the sophomore slump is now in the past and I can play my best season in S77. Can't wait to see all you fans again and play SHL hockey. Cheers, enjoy the summer everyone. Bye.

[Image: sulov.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2024, 03:06 PM by oknom. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
a. Which of the three Montreal players would have been best addition to either of the teams?
d. Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz and Sir Devoir were picked with back to back picks and thus both teams secured their started. Does either side have advantage on net? Back up goalies were picked lot later, do you think they can play role in the game at all?
A.) Given the choices here of the three Montreal Patriotes skaters, I would be drafting Damien Hirano. Hirano stacks up pretty closely to Mutou with identical points in the regular season and just 1 more goal than their teammate. Why I give Hirano the nod is the better faceoff win percentage (42.2% vs 24%) as well as better shot blocking numbers than Mutou (59 vs 40). WC: 65
1 TPE

D.) I think the two starting goalies drafted are pretty evenly matched in Sir Devoir and Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz. Devoir made the finals just recently in S76 whereas Brzęczyszczykiewicz took home the cup the season prior. Easily two of the most elite tenders in the league right now. I do think there should be an opportunity for backup goalies to feature in the all star game. They could play the final period or first period just to be sure they get enough of a chance to impact the game. I think overall though, the all star game is more about honoring the players than it is about the outcome of the game itself. WC: 111
1 TPE

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, It is the draft season (150 words min.)
This season we saw huge changes on how All-Star teams were formed. How do you like the new draft format for all-star teams? Do you think it is good that committee picks the pool from which the players are drafter? Should there be more players from each team on the pool? Are last season cup finalist good picks for selecting the players?
Every once in a while, you just gotta do something different to spice things up. Get the onion rings instead of the fries. Wear the pink shirt instead of the blue one. Take the long way home. Switch your simulation hockey league’s all star game selection process to a fantasy draft format.  If my player were in a position to actually be selected to the all star game, I would have been way more invested in the draft. It was still thrilling to see the roster announcement in prior seasons, but now there is a little bit more to it. Did this take some agency away from the all star committee though? Or are they happy with the added engagement of the Challenge Cup finalist GM’s? I think for now it’s a good thing, but we can always look to change it up again in say 6 seasons or so. I do think the amount of players in the pool was fine and doesn’t need to increase. Having the players who didn’t make the team still be in the skills comp is much better than just never knowing how close you were to making the team. WC: 196
3 TPE

ISFL Affiliate link WC: 164 (week of 5/27 to 6/2)
3 TPE

[Image: 88pk1Hz.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2024, 12:05 PM by puolivalmiste. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3517766 +3

Code:
11. Written, 3 TPE, Almost a member (150 words min)
Which of the current players, who were still active during the season 76 has achieved enough that they should make it to the Hall of Fame? Are they already unquestionable first ballot Hall of Famer? Are they still close enough to their prime to make their case better or are they already so far in their career that realistically they are just working on their total career numbers at this point?

San-sam Emerson might be on the back nine, so to speak, but that is a first ballot hall of famer in my book. Not only was my player (Antonio Flusso) carried hard during his prime, but even still he remains a very important and talented player. Four time 20 goal scoring, four time 70 point scoring defenceman who has managed to stick it out with one team for his entire career (so far). A good number of playoff games and points under the belt helps the totals, which are already extremely impressive. All of this has just been to point out the offensive success of one of the best players of this era, but the defensive side is something that has been aging well as the scoring falls off. An all around beast and a pillar of the Forge for many seasons, who still has something left in the tank to give for probably a few more seasons. Also in my personal opinion the best player of all time, but idk I only pay attention to my d partners usually.

Code:
b. Nash Topalo and Seamus O'Slapahan were only defencemen picked in top 10. Were they two best options this season? Should there have been more picked early on?

B. I mean, yeah probably. You can’t go wrong with Topalo and what a freakishly good season he had all around. O’Slapahan is also a good choice. It’s kind of tough to justify defenders going so high, so I wouldn’t go as far to say more should have been picked early on. All the high scoring freaks are forwards with unreasonable point totals. It makes sense that they are the first to go, you want offense in the all star game, after all.

E. Antonio Flusso is a 2k tpe player at the height of his game. Statistically had a better season than some names of defencemen on the list that I will not slander publicly. But it doesn’t really matter, he’s been an all star, let some other people have a go at it. On the other hand, the more all star appearances, the better I look when it’s all said and done, so maybe I should make a big stink about it.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Milestones: +2 TPE

2b. I think that Topalo has been one of the better defenseman over the last few seasons and I’m not surprised that they were one of the top defensemen picked this year. I am biased, but I think that Willow Soderberg-Snooks should have been right there with the two of them as a top defenseman picked.
WC: 55

2c. I’m always going to support my own teammates and I think that Viktor Hargreeves’ line is going to be the best one in the entire game. They’re an elite player and they tend to make their linemates and everyone around them better. I think that is something that makes their line the elite one for this game.
WC: 57

2e. I think that the only way Dominik would have made the SHL All Star game this season would have been if there was any consideration taken to the playoffs which is where he truly excelled this year. He had a good year at above a PPG, but the playoffs were the best part of his season.
WC: 56

3. Viktor Hargreeves is probably the most popular nominee from San Francisco as he led the league in scoring and was an elite player for the Pride this season as we made it to the Challenge Cup Final, winning the first one in franchise history. Of course, that should not ignore the contributions of our two other nominees for the All-Star Game: Willow Soderberg-Snooks and Justin Time. Both of them also had incredible seasons with our team and I think that all three of them are excellent representatives of our organization and fully deserving of their place at the game this year. I think when you look at the overall representation in the game itself, Viktor being the first choice in the new draft method is not particularly surprising to me. They had 125 points this season with 59 goals and that is the perfect kind of scoring record for an all star game performance.
WC: 154

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52