Create Account

S77 PT #3: Humppaa Suomesta Due: Sunday, June 30th @ 11:59 PM PST

PBE Affiliate PT

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: YZjkK9Q.png]

Option 2

Henri Losanov was privileged to live in different cities and countries throughout his life. His dad finished his hockey career in France and this is where he met her wife. A few years later Henri is born and he gets to visit Estonia and France back and forth. Two different cultures and language to say the least. When he became serious to become a professional hockey goalie, he moved to Regina Saskatchewan. It's literally out of nowhere in a field of wheat. He met there Mary Hollywood, an American forward vaping non stop and eating 2 bags of popcorn a day. He thought all north Americans were like that. His GM Yosh was also really into Persona and different JRPG, something Henri really appreciate to play these days. Drafted by Seattle and playing his first year in the USA, now that is a total shock. Everything is so big: the cities, the food, the buildings. Somehow a lot of Vancouver Canucks fan in that locker room

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Written Task, Option 1

To instigate a physical confrontation with another opposing player through a wide language gap and / or barrier, Rodrigo Banes would follow the tried and true tested methods to get under their skin. Firstly, and most simple, is to just annoy them physically. Get too close to them, stand in their space. Chew your mouth guard like Matthew Tkachuk and just be in their personal space. Secondly, to step up the aggravation, just start with the small harassing touches and contacts. Just a little tap on the top of the foot while skating by, a little shove here and there between whistles. Nothing to draw a penalty, just make them aware of your presence. From there, continue to escalate and get more and more into their space, but always hold back from anything that would draw a penalty. If all else fails, throw a huge devastating hit on their line mate and spit at their feet. That usually gets their  attention.

[Image: banes.png]

PT Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

Written Option 1:

What do you do when you want to make a star player on the other team mad enough to fight you, but you don't speak the same language? Well it's easy, you get dirty. Throughout the game you start to do things behind the refs back and after the play. Simple stuff like cup checks when the ref isn't looking, jabbing at their skates before a puck drop, a sneaky butt end during a battle along the boards. Anything and everything that will get under the skin of that player, and frustrate them to the point where they straight up just drop the gloves without giving you a chance to drop them yourself. If you're really feeling daring, you can try to sneak in some obscene gestures, but you have to be careful as to not get penalized. If everything fails, just start ripping shots whenever they get in front of you in the offensive zone. Slapshots from 5 feet away are enough to piss anyone off.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Prompt one

There are many ways to start a fight both verbally and nonverbally. Dusty Rhodes is pretty adept at making his feelings known that he wants to drop the gloves. Gestures always work, the bird is universal lol. However running the other teams star player a few times will usually get the other team's attention. Blowing kisses and grabbing another player's butt is usually good for a fight as well. And with the multitude of nations in the shl, chances are someone on your team will speak the language of the other so in between shifts you can have them teach you how to say all types of nasty things. Hearing someone who doesn't speak your language cussing you out in said language is usually good for a fight as well.
Somehow that really seems to get under the opponents skin big time. And if all else fails a strategically placed stick when the refs aren't looking will usually provoke someone to drop them.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2024, 03:52 PM by hockeyiscool. Edited 3 times in total.)

Shawn pawn knows that there are four time honored international communication symbols for "come at me bro, let's scrap you ninny." One of them is when you raise both of your fists in the air and curve them into a fighting position or as some people would call them "fisty cuffs". The other option requires you to take your gloves off and give them the "bird". The bird is when you have all of your fingers in a closed position except for one finger. The sole finger that is extended is the middle finger. for some reason that sign really gets people shocked. In addition to those two actions a lesser known action is sign language for "fuck you". This sign is interesting because is it oddly similar to the sign for thank you. The sign for "fuck you" is that you will take your hand in a curved but open position and place your finger tips half way between your chin and Adams apple. You then proceed to move your hand directly towards the person you would like the meaning to go towards. The final way is to give them the symbol for "suck it." This my backfire and since it's 2024 and everyone is gay this may actually get you sucked off. You do this by taking fully extended hands and arms slightly in front of your body and moving your extended arms toward your hips while thrusting slightly.

PBE

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Quote:Written Option 1: So you got good advice from discord and decided to spent most of your TPE on aggression and fighting. Now your player wants to go and fight the star player on opposing team but you realize during the first period that they are tough as nails and wont be shaken by hard hits. On top of that they barely seem to understand English. Yet your player knows better than to take instigation penalty on top of fighting, so how do they make the star player on other team mad? Do they use sign language? Download a dualingo during the intermission? Hire a translator?

The opposing team is going to be looking out for my player because they are a hulking, rippling mass of muscle and sinew that has several robotic modifications to surpass the limits of the human body. This means there’s no chance of subterfuge in getting at the opposing team’s best players.

Sign language is one option, yes, but there’s always the danger that things could be misinterpreted. What he decides to do is find the player’s social media account before the game and send threatening messages to him in order to goad him into fighting. He makes extensive use of Google translate to send those messages, and hopes to god that they say something incendiary to that player but not any protected group or class.

In the end, since all his body modifications were removed, he winds up losing the fight and regretting putting even an ounce of effort into this grand scheme to fight the other players. He learns a valuable lesson, to not pick fights with people unless they are much, much smaller than you.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Written Option 2: 

Journal Entry – Adjusting to the Snow

man, this cold and snow is something else. i'm used to the heat and humidity of cuba, where the sun’s always shining and you can feel the warmth on your skin. like yeah i spend all of my time on the ice, but it's a different kind of cold. here in colorado it snows like crazy and it's kinda scary. i’m still getting used to it.

been trying to find ways to stay warm in the winter. teammates suggested layering up and it works but i look like a giant marshmallow. at least the rink's indoors because its a winter wonderland outside right now which sounds nice until you're living in it. the snow’s pretty but it's a pain in the ass too.

one thing that’s been cool, though, is learning from my teammates. they’ve got all these tricks for dealing with the cold. one of them introduced me to hot chocolate. i thought it was a kid's drink but one sip of that bad boy after practice and i understood what i was missing. these guys know tricks like that, growing up in russia and canada.

the guys also took me on a hike up one of the mountains nearby. i was not excited to participate - but they convinced me, said it’d be good for team bonding or whatever. coach seemed happy so we went. the climb was tough, but the views were worth it. looking out over the snowy peaks, i started to see why they love it here. i guess i can get used to the snow if it means living in a beautiful place like this.

[Image: QX0ggFb.png]

Celeste has not been with Manhattan long enough to have adopted anything from their current teammates, but with the number of Swedes and Norwegians that are on the team it's an inevitability that they will adopt something from those particular cultures. Food is a really easy way to be introduced to different cultures and what's important to them, so maybe Manhattan should just have a team potluck where everyone brings something that's "from home", as it were. Or maybe just a straight up dessert spread for after a major milestone or at a holiday party hosted by a member of the team.

One of the things Celeste Has already absorbed from teammates, both current and past? Cursing. Swearing. Call it what you will, but there's something so gratifying and useful about being able to swear at teammates and opponents alike in their own native languages. Food and swear words: truly the great unifiers of the world.

[156 words]

[Image: Fm35hEW.png]

Option 2:

One of the biggest advantage of being on a team with so many different nationalities and cultures is certainly the fact you can learn so many things. Growing up in Norway, Sonja really only got exposed to one kind of experience, one kind of culture and one kind of thinking. So when she first moved to Québec and then to Calgary she has learned a lot. From being introduced to different kind of foods and drinks to learning a bunch of stuff Sonja have always been interested in whatever her teammates have shared with her. And of course, she too tried to introduce her teammates to new stuff. One of the main thing she got to do was introduce quite a few player to European Football and with that, tell them about her idol, Cristiano. Heck she talks about him so much that some of her teammates have started to call her "El Bicho" as that is one of the most known nickname Cristiano has. And of course, she also made sure to invite teammates to her home for some Norwegian meal which she cooked herself as she loves to cook. So introducing her teammates to food they probably never tried before was only a bonus for her.

(208 words)

" Maybe someones er... they don't like me but... because i'm too good, i don't know why. "

[Image: Ant7F8q.png]

Everybody always says the best way to get back at someone you hate, is to be successful. That is a great way to put it, if you are a pacifist or you are good at something. Ongo Gablogian is neither of those two things. The problem is it doesn’t really matter how tough he is, he is still barely tall enough to not legally be considered a dwarf, and he is the shape of a bowling ball because of how large he is. So the best way to get back at his enemies is to try to use that low center of gravity and girth to knock over some players that the bigger, tougher star player really likes. If Ongo can knock some of the guys friends around, then he’ll eventually get pretty upset and be thrown off his game. That is, of course, until the star player gets upset enough to break Ongo’s neck.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

PBE PT

[Image: IsJIh5s.png?format=webp&width=872&height=1066]