Create Account

Official Rap/R&B discussion thread

Quote:Originally posted by El Rusty Mexicano@May 2 2013, 02:02 PM
KANYE WEST ‏@kanyewest 5h
June Eighteen

HAIL YEEZUS
Skrillex helped producing it

And apparently Daft Punk is gonna be on it. Really don't want Electronica Kanye

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@May 2 2013, 03:12 PM

Skrillex helped producing it

And apparently Daft Punk is gonna be on it. Really don't want Electronica Kanye

No guarantee it's the album, but I don't know what else it could be.

Quote:Originally posted by El Rusty Mexicano@May 2 2013, 02:02 PM
KANYE WEST ‏@kanyewest 5h
June Eighteen

HAIL YEEZUS
Ilike

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by El Rusty Mexicano@May 2 2013, 02:14 PM

Yeah I know but he's been working on an album and Skrillex has been confirmed as part producer and Daft Punk has been seen working with him too

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@May 2 2013, 03:19 PM

Yeah I know but he's been working on an album and Skrillex has been confirmed as part producer and Daft Punk has been seen working with him too

Oh yea, I heard that. Also heard he's recording in France and that Chief Keef might pop up on there. Guess Kim loves sosa.

Quote:Originally posted by El Rusty Mexicano@May 2 2013, 02:21 PM

Oh yea, I heard that. Also heard he's recording in France and that Chief Keef might pop up on there. Guess Kim loves sosa.
Ugh Chief Keef too? Really hope Yeezy can surprise me, please not another 808's

Quote:Originally posted by El Rusty Mexicano@May 2 2013, 02:14 PM

The only other thing that comes to mind would be Cruel Winter, which they've been hinting at but I doubt would be coming out any time soon. I'm thinking it might be just some singles from the album, but either way I'm excited.

I feel like Kanye knows what he's doing and will be alright with Skrillex and Daft Punk. He'll probably mix in different styles throughout.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@May 2 2013, 03:22 PM

The only other thing that comes to mind would be Cruel Winter, which they've been hinting at but I doubt would be coming out any time soon. I'm thinking it might be just some singles from the album, but either way I'm excited.

I feel like Kanye knows what he's doing and will be alright with Skrillex and Daft Punk. He'll probably mix in different styles throughout.

Agreed. I remember hearing that the first single is coming up in the next few weeks though (like 1 or 2 weeks from now), so that's the only thing that makes me wonder. No way he'd hype up the second single or something that much.

Quote:Originally posted by El Rusty Mexicano@May 2 2013, 02:26 PM

Agreed. I remember hearing that the first single is coming up in the next few weeks though (like 1 or 2 weeks from now), so that's the only thing that makes me wonder. No way he'd hype up the second single or something that much.
It probably is the album, since apparently he closed a show in France in like February by saying new stuff would be out in a few months. So it looks like we're getting some new stuff from Kanye. I'm really looking forward to it, and I know I'll love it.

electronica Kanye? please no

Peter Rosenberg heard from the people at the def jam listening party that the album was dark.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

http://defjam.fr/kanye-west/kanye-west-ann...in-projet-solo/

Def Jam France confirms!

Also, I don't think Kanye is going electronic. Remember, he has collaborated with Daft Punk before. Them and Skrillex are right up his alley.

Quote:Originally posted by El Rusty Mexicano@May 2 2013, 02:55 PM
http://defjam.fr/kanye-west/kanye-west-ann...in-projet-solo/

Def Jam France confirms!

Also, I don't think Kanye is going electronic. Remember, he has collaborated with Daft Punk before. Them and Skrillex are right up his alley.
I feel like he may be trying to add a little more dubstep type things since it went great with "Who Gon Stop Me" on Watch the Throne, so he may just be experimenting a bit and trying to expand on it. He knows what he's doing so it'll be interesting to see how he handles it.

Skrillex (who I hate with a passion) helping him produce for what I'm guessin is one song, doesn't bother me at all. Also, with what Daft has in store it's not gonna sound much like electronica at all. Daft Punk has said they prefer to use real instruments to make their music now. No worries guys.

J. Cole - Truly Yours 2

Cole Summer: 4/5
-I like it, but I don't love it. Feels like a mixtape track.
Kenny Lofton (ft. Young Jeezy): 4.25/5
-Good track.
Chris Tucker (ft. 2 Chainz): 3.5/5
-When this beat came on, I thought, "Oh shit, did an ad just come on or something?" Didn't hate 2 Chainz here and Cole was decent, but it doesn't feel Coleish. :(
Head Bussa: 3.75/5
Cousins (ft. Bas): 3.25/5
-I like this Bas kid. But, agree with JT on this one, not a fan of the pauses.
3 Wishes: 4/5

22.75/30 -> 3.79/5

Not the worst collection of tracks ever, but definitely not as good as Truly Yours (which I'd still highly recommend). Still looking forward to hearing Born Sinner though.