Create Account

S62 PT #3- Hold this L

PBE PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

PROMPT 2

The most bitter L for me is still from my sophomore year in the SMJHL. It's the only time my player has made it to the cup finals and still the longest playoff run too. It also se the tone for the Maine vs Newfoundland rivalry, as it was the first of six consecutive years NL beat Maine in the playoffs. We had a great team with great users, so it was rough to get so close to the cup but not be able to pull it off. I have recovered to this date, but NL still brings up some bad memories. Another big L for me, both as a player and as a user, is the S55 SHL entry draft. Technically it wasn't the draft, but the period before that, which is supposed to include something called "scouting". Back in those days, there wasn't much of that happening. I think I was approached by a total of six teams, despite being one of the top earners in a huge class. I'd say that did put a some kind of a chip on my shoulder.

[Image: sulov.gif]

ISFL PT

[Image: gaWPJhU.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2021, 06:14 PM by gaby.)

Prompt 2

Besides World Juniors gold medals, I can't say I was able to win anything with my 2 players since joining the SHL in 2017. Those medals were nice but let's be honest nobody cares about IIHF success, it's all about the Four Star Cup and the Challenge cup. I've never even sniffed a final participation for one of these so yeah I guess all those L across the years are starting to get heavy. My first player was legit a goon and I couldn't even win the easiest individual award, the Turd Fergurson. My current one I don't expect much as I'm aiming for a defensive center but I hope I can win a Challenge cup as I'm officially out for a Four Star Cup once again. I really enjoyed for 3 of my 4 years in juniors getting a first round bye to get eliminated right after. This player is still young but with how FHM works, it seems unless I pull a Marian Hossa I might go cupless if I'm not on one of the 4 teams since the switch won one.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Prompt-2

For Kayden Pale the losses that really molded this player has been the too devastating semi final losses that have happened too the Quebec Cittadelles during there tenured both with hope of going too the finals and winning it all as Kayden was a big champ back in his minor hockey days this has made Kayden step up too plate and put every bit of effort into improving himself he wants too be a winner and is going too be hard too not settle for anything else than this for young Kayden Pale. We seen him just recently given the assiant captain spot with the team. And a slot on the first line of defense the coach has trusted Kayden playing him among the most out of any player on Quebec. Kayden still has his eyes on winning SMJHL championship before moving onto the pro league and wants to put it all out there .
(154 words)

Quote:
Citadelles

As I am still only in my second season there really have not been many losses that have affected my player. So far this season my team is near the top of the league, and last year was the same. The hardest loss however was last season we went to the cup finals to only get swept in the finals. To have such a dominate season to get to the finals only to come up short would be the hardest loss any player gets, because it is not guaranteed you get back to that point everybody knows that. Only a few get a chance at the cup on both the juniors and the major levels. So that loss has only made the hunger for that championship even stronger, we had a taste last season and where we are also doing very well this season, we know we can get back there but this time win the whole thing. How that loss in the final has molded me is made me want to do my best to get better and help my team succeed especially on the big stage. (188 Words)

Berserkers Patriotes Finland
[Image: EX8JdSr.png][Image: yGcdOWc.png][Image: Bphj82E.png] [Image: BxfKXyg.png] Credit to Redderder15 for the sig
[Image: UDU9SiD.gif]

Prompt 2

The biggest L I've taken on the site was probably when the SMJHL was looking to expand and I was applying for a team. At the time Fuzz and Trella had no expectations of moving on from Carolina and I wanted to try my shot after they encouraged me to apply. I pulled together a good application and felt like my talks with HO went well but I wasn't chosen. The immediate result of that was less than fun, I was pretty heated having seen the choices and was a vocal critic of the decision to the point where people were telling Fuzz to calm me down. In the end I ended up taking over Carolina soon after, first as Co then as head when Fuzz and Trella took over Los Angeles and Tampa Bay respectively, though the other snubbed applicant wouldn't be so lucky. At this point, I think everyone involved, and both franchises, are happy with the outcomes.

163 words

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

ph

[Image: manh_sig6.png?width=499&height=542][Image: lebedev-sig.gif]

Prompt 2:

For users that were on this site before the switch to FHM, STHS was a time of many Ls. Almost every season would see a team or two randomly s**t the bed and just get knocked out, or even worse, regularly lose to lower tpe teams consistently even if they would do well during the regular season. That being said, it would spread itself around a bit, and it felt that sometimes STHS would just say "not this year" and hand you the L gift wrapped by a quick sim heartbreak. I personally had a few of these, the SMJHL in particular had a very swingy playoff bracket that would only /sometimes/ deliver the cup to the best team. In PGF while I was co-gm and gm we didn't always have the best team, but there was a season (season 37 I think?) where we had a historically good year for the team, and had one of the strongest rosters out there. We got bounced in the second round despite testing giving us some decent hope. That year prompted me to make some big moves in season 38, trading the farm in part to build my team, but also to deny others of any more firepower. It worked out luckly, but even during that trade I was scared that STHS would deliver an even bigger L than the season before...

wsbl welfare

My name there is Kyle

[Image: t6u8vGX.png]
[Image: TjI93pk.gif]

I'm gonna list my biggest L's ... here are a few of em..

I got drafted like 34th overall and dudes on hockey podcast said it was a reach.

then i got traded and dudes on hockey podcasts didnt even mention it because it was so unnotable

I got exposed in the expansion draft and rich and luke said i suck and i shouldnt have been taken by philadelphia as early as i was.

When i was like 530 TPE with my first player i 'announced' that i was hitting free agency rather than resigning in winnipeg (as if they wanted me anyway) and everyone grilled me in the comments section and i took a huge fat L.

I got roasted by hotdog on his podcast and failed to match his quick wit and intellect. then my gf found the pod in my spotify and i had to expalin that i did a fake hockey podcast ughhh

Acsolap handed me a big L and told me i wouldn't crack 1000 tpe

acoslap continues to hand me L's by placing me on the third line defense.... with his fucking player! rex kirkby!

Luke and Rich said in their podcast that they hate me, and that i am historically hated.

Prompt 2:

My biggest L I have ever taken on site was definitely during Colorado's Season 60 playoff run. We were playing Anchorage then, and quickly took a 3-1 lead over them, with the help of some clutch playoff moments and overtime winners. So, cocky me decided to post something in the Raptors Discord I definitely regret to this day. It was a simple GIF of a boat sinking, with me of course commenting let us sink those ships. Everyone in the locker room was quite hyped up, until Micool reminded me to not hang the bear's fur before killing it or something like that. Oh how right was he about to be. As expected, I pulled a successful jinx against us and we of course lost the series 4-3, blowing a 3-1 series lead. I've learned my lesson now, which is to never get too hyped up before winning the series.

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

WSBL Affiliate

[Image: IavUO2w.png]

The HOFers were no slouches. We thought we could beat them with a little dash of speed and a side of hits, but instead they ran roughshod over our young guns and absolutely blew us out of the water. I had no idea how people in their ancient condition could move as quickly, as effortlessly, as they could. One-timers and backhanded shots rained down upon us, as if both Crosby and Ovi were firing pucks at the same time. It seemed like all we could do was hold the line and watch as the timer on the scoreboard slowly counted down the minutes until we were into overtime. The first period came and went, the shot total continued to climb, the penalty kill hustling like no other.

Then it happened.

A slapshot rocketed past Rashford and slammed into the back of the net merely a second later.

In the infamous words of Paul George:

NO OT TONIGHT.

(158)

[Image: vo42C2b.png]
[Image: hTIaaQX.gif]
HIT SOMEBODY

Cheers to tweedledunn and supertardis101 for the awesome signatures!