Create Account

S76 All Star Week Due: Sunday, June 2nd @ 11:59 PM PST

Code:

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
Link Here: +3 TPE

Code:

Code:
6. Graphic, 3 TPE, Get your tickets!
Create an add that tries to sell tickets to All-Star Game, needs to shows few of the top players and highlights the location (New Orleans).
[Image: ZMaOfzE.png]

Code:

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Fine additions to the team
Create a graphic that showcases the two players who were added to either of the teams with Last Player In votes.
[Image: WXzkYPO.png]

[Image: jovera.gif]

[Image: tZH05l4.png]

GM Pass

[Image: rGE8JTw.png]
Ty to Eni's Sig Shop
[Image: 2UUYSbn.png]
ty to ragnar

Milestones +2

3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One

This year was a pretty good year for Baltimore with 3 players making this season's All Star game. Erik Bergmark who was 4th in points, M'Baku Olubori who was second in goals and Sir Devoir who in my opinion is one if not the best Goalie in the league. If I had to pick one of these players to spotlight it would be M'Baku Olubori, like I mentioned earlier he was second in the league in goal scoring and is a one man game changer. Not only is he a monster on offense but he's dominate in the face off circle and can hold his own on defense. I wouldn't say he's a true 2 way forward but in an All Star game type setting his skill set really shows up. He also has a knack for late game theatrics considering he had 10 game winning goals this season.

9. Written, 3 TPE, Players Tribune

It's hard to come off as ungrateful this season considering we made it the to the Cup Finals. We were the top team in the regular season and had a great playoff run. Don't get me wrong I love my teammates and playing on Baltimore but personally for my stats it was a disappointing season. When I came into the league I dreamed of being an offensive force and being a difference maker with the puck, since joining Baltimore I have been anything but. My entire SHL career I've been played as a completely defensive role, I get no power play time and am the last choice on the offensive zone. While I do take pride in being on the Penalty Kill my defensive stats aren't anything to write home about either. I feel like I'm just out on the ice just kinda there while my teammates are putting up the numbers. Considering I'm starting to reach my peak and my contract being up in the next season or two I have to really decide do I stay loyal to Baltimore or try my luck with a new team? Do I stay and possibly become a local legend but a nobody outside of Baltimore or do a take a chance to try and become a star?

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2024, 08:12 AM by zaynzk. Edited 1 time in total.)

isfl pr +3

Milestone +3

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
b. Nash Topalo and Seamus O'Slapahan were only defencemen picked in top 10. Were they two best options this season? Should there have been more picked early on?

Clearly the best two defensive players are Nash Topalo and Seamus O'Slapahan by a huge margin, and to be completely honest i do not think any more needed to be selected as those two are that good, it would be a waste of everyone elses time to include some other scrub defender when the best each could have done is third best,

c. Which of the teams could have better top line (center and two wingers), WhiteFuzz with Johnny Wagner-Svenson - Viktor Hargreeves - Antoine Beauregard or JRuke with Erik Bergmark - Derek Martin - Aksel Fiske? Why you think they are better?

Ok this is a second silly question becasause Johnny Wagner-Svenson - Viktor Hargreeves - Antoine Beauregard would be an insane top line, you got all the finese of JWS and all the pure power of Beauregard all orcastrated by the underated mastermind in Hargreeves, this is a completely silly question in my own opinoin and this lineup made by WhiteFuzz is so dominant that i hope i never have to come up against it when i get called up

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2024, 09:24 AM by thiefofcheese. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

S76 MILESTONES for SHL players

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3519689

+1 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

b. Nash Topalo and Seamus O'Slapahan were only defencemen picked in top 10. Were they two best options this season? Should there have been more picked early on?

Seriously - clearly Nash and Seamus are the best here. I have been saying for seasons that people are sleeping on the impact Seamus is making on the ice and he should definitely be in the top 10. Then Nash is there because he's Nash. No one ever votes against that cute SOB.

+1 TPE

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

I will highlight Seamus O Slapahan here again. Not only did he make the game, he was one of two that was picked in the top 10. I do not think there can be any question as to why he was picked. Would you be willing to go out there and block a frozen rubber puck coming in at 100+ miles an hour 215 times?!? There is not enough money in this world to make me line up in front of these guys and be like "nah, you aint gonna make that shot because I am going to throw my body in front of it". Hard pass from me man.

Then also consider who he is playing for. NEW has done great in the past season, but wass really on on a downward slump this season. And to still stick out as a top 10 pick and only 1 of 2 defensemen? No question - Seamus deserves to be there.

+3 TPE

Code:
11. Written, 3 TPE, Almost a member (150 words min)
Which of the current players, who were still active during the season 76 has achieved enough that they should make it to the Hall of Fame? Are they already unquestionable first ballot Hall of Famer? Are they still close enough to their prime to make their case better or are they already so far in their career that realistically they are just working on their total career numbers at this point?

Well I guess I am going to make this whole post about none other than Seamus O Slapahan himself. Dude is a beast on the ice and should definitely get the nod when he is available for the Hall of Fame. First ballot is always a tough call and some people specifically will not vote for you on the first ballot out of some misaligned purpose, but I fully believe Seamus will get an HOF spot.

He is now in his 9th season in the SHL and all with NEW. In 594 games dude has put up 1794 blocked shots. 3 times a game on average he puts his own well being on the line to save those goals. With 613 hits and an average of 22 and a hallf mins on the ice this dude just grinds it out day after day. Lets not forget that he has 2 cups and is still in his prime! Look at fantasy and see who top 3 defensemen are for last year. Know who you see? None other than Seamus himself!

+3 TPE

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2024, 07:05 AM by dankoa. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Milestones

Milestone Claim (+1)

5. Written, 3 TPE, Let me do it (150 words min.)
Anyone who was in drafting pool, but was not selected for All-Star game will take part in skill competition instead (and don’t really know what how that will end up looking like). But all of those players got close but ultimately were passed on by GMs making the picks. But what they got wrong? Who from skill competition should have been in All-star game and who would you replace to make room for them?

I was saddened to see that Damien Hirano didn't get selected to play in the All Star Game. The longest tenured player on the Montreal Patriotes had endured a long time playing with a turgid roster that was seriously devoid of talent, and in the first season when he was given some capable support in the form of newly called up rookies, he showed his class. Leading the team in goals and being tied for the lead in points shows his real ability, and speaks to what we are likely to see from him in the seasons to come. Selection in the All Star Game was something he deserved completely, and while he will still be able to participate in the skills competition, it is doesn't go far enough in recognising his success this season. All I can hope is that Hirano continues to improve his numbers and delivers an even better return next season, making him impossible to ignore when it comes time to drafting All Star teams.

Code:
169 words

Affiliate Task - ISFL

ISFL PT (username is Drizzy)

7/8

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2024, 12:07 PM by puolivalmiste. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3519690 +3

[Image: seamsu_500.png?ex=66b438d3&is=66b2e753&h...96a382d50&]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission.
This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3519688

+3 TPE

Code:
a. Which of the three Montreal players would have been best addition to either of the teams?

A very difficult question, I will eliminate Damien Hirano due to being the worst of the three (still good relative to team) in Corsi% and Fenwick%. I think that Jussi Mutou would make the most balanced player for any team to take in over
Valerija Serapin who has a more solid defensive side.

[53 words]
+1 TPE

Code:
d. Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz and Sir Devoir were picked with back to back picks and thus both teams secured their started. Does either side have advantage on net?
Back up goalies were picked lot later, do you think they can play role in the game at all?

It's very difficult to say that one team has an advantage. With the back to back picks the teams seemed pretty set on who they wanted as their first. The limited exposure of only one game means it is quite unlikely for generally even keepers to make much of a difference. As for the backups, I hope they can matter in that they even get ice time. An all star game should be for the fun of the sport and not played only to win.

[79 words]
+ 1 TPE

Code:
9. Written, 3 TPE, Players Tribune (150 words min.)
A popular format of media that has made a resurgence recently due to certain dedicated media writers, The Player's Tribune involves writing from your player's point of view in the 1st person.
Write your Player's Tribune about your player's season. How do they feel about their results? Did they achieve their goals? Are they venting out frustration?
Are there any moments of the season that were memorable?

I was not happy about this season, I thought we had a chance to really try for the cup with a good team but it soon became clear that we weren't where I thought and I had to readjust my ideas quickly and hope instead we could have some luck going into the playoff rounds. While we did make it into playoffs this season, we found a quick exit, just as I feared. We did make it past the second round but I felt very sad that we did not make it further, I feel like we had a great team and a good shot but alas so did many of the other teams as well. Going into post season I got some really cool news however. Not only did I get to play in the WJC but I also made the Swedish IIHF team and was elected to be one of the ass captains!

[155 words]
+ 3 TPE

---

Total: 3 + 1 + 1 + 3 = 8

[Image: kO5aAZV.png]
[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

gm pass

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: LSZLcjq.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Manhattan Rage | Czechia

[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

Code:

+3 TPE

Code:
a. Which of the three Montreal players would have been best addition to either of the teams?
c. Which of the teams could have better top line (center and two wingers), WhiteFuzz with Johnny Wagner-Svenson - Viktor Hargreeves - Antoine Beauregard or JRuke with Erik Bergmark - Derek Martin - Aksel Fiske? Why you think they are better?
d. Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz and Sir Devoir were picked with back to back picks and thus both teams secured their started. Does either side have advantage on net? Back up goalies were picked lot later, do you think they can play role in the game at all?
e. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, tell us why they were picked.)

b. Nash Topalo was a solid pick who was near the top in both offensive and defensive categories, but Seamus O'Slapahan seemed like a reach that early on. Better offensive players were available such as Willow Soderberg-Snooks who led al defensemen in points by a healthy margin, and several better goal scorers were available such as Jay O'Neill or Furious Chicken. There were also better defensive option available such as Filip Lund or Emil Egli, all of whom I think would have been better picks. (87 words)

e. Jarrod Lakemore was once again picked to the all-star game. After several seasons of learning from future hall of famer Konstantin Selich, it is now Lakemore's turn to grab the torch and lead the offense for Buffalo. Lakemore put up an even 52 goals and 52 assists this season, good for 9th in points and 4th in goals. He did this in addition to his usual strong defensive efforts, the only forward to post an 80 in defensive game rating, in addition to his seemingly annual fight win and abundance of TAs. (94 words)

Code:
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

To the surprise of no one, LD Nash Topalo was selected for the all-star game for Buffalo. Despite being known for his defensive prowess, Topalo was still second amongst all defensemen in both points and assists and did so without playing for one of the offensive juggernaut teams like LAP or SFP. This improvement in Topalo's offensive game has turned him into a bonafide superstar at his position, a player that no longer has any holes in his game. Of course his defensive game remained on point, racking up 78 TAs with 158 blocks and a +28 rating. His Defensive Game Rating of 80 put him in 3rd place, and perhaps most impressive of all Topalo managed to do all of this while playing a very clean game. Topalo was rarely forced off the ice due to penalties, amassing only 26 PIMs, in stark comparison to virtually all his peers among top defenseman. Buffalo was a team this season that had neither the depth, nor the abundance of star power that the top teams boasted, instead leaning heavily on big performances on a consistent basis from Topalo to lead from the blue line, something Topalo delivered in earning Buffalo the top spot in their division. (207 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2024, 03:05 PM by BANACKOCK. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. Milestones = 2 TPE
Quote:HERE

2. = 3 TPE
Quote:a.
Hirano Was the easy choice for me. Even with the -77+ minus they were something to be attracted to them. They’re the best player on the Montreal Patriots team and they’re going to be what leads the team into the future. With 59 points and 66 games, they did a good job leading the team and they’ll represent the All-Star game well.

b. I think this mostly made sense to me. These players were very good this season. However, I am surprised players like Willow. Snooks never made it faster. Snooks has 13 more points than shamus and leads the entire league for defenceman in assists and points. Not only this, but they were second for shots. It’s actually kind of surprising to think that they weren’t selected with them, but that’s how it goes sometimes.

e. Well, that is an easy one. At the end of the day, they honestly shouldn’t have been. However, if you were going to vote for them, I would say it’s because they’re on an underperforming New Orleans team and he was played at minimal minutes. He started very well, and then began to slit. There was a time he was leading almost every category, and while he did begin to slip, he still somewhere in the mid pack and high end for goals. 47 points and 66 games with 25 goals on the season, there isn’t much to complain about wolf. I think moving forward he’s going to be a really good asset and you can start to see him in All-Star games moving forward in the future.

3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One = 3 TPE

ASW

Milestones +3
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3518878

2b. I personally think there should’ve been more defensemen in the top 10. All due respect to Nash Topple and Seamus O’Slapahan, the real defensemen that should've been picked were the ones who are old and aging like Pass Forfeit. Nonetheless, the future of defense is bright and the past is aging out and looking sad. Good luck to those players.

2c. I’d say that WhiteFuzz probably wins here since the line has a younger and stronger core in their prime. While Derek Martin is a fantastic player, I don't think his line mates match his intense energy and may lag behind when he needs them most. Again, these are the best of the best so whatever happens happens.

5. I believe that my player, Pass Forfeit, who was not included in the draft should've been picked. This would've been a write in vote by the general public, much in the same way that The Hobbit should've won Best Picture at the Academy Awards for all three of their films. Pass Forfeit has been a top tier defenseman whose performance doesnt show up as much as the other players but only due to the sheer talent of his teammates, a real Dwayne Gretzky situation. What I believe should have happened is the All Star voters should've known that Pass hasn't had enough All Star nods and should be included next year. This is not a participation trophy situation this is an ego building situation. Let Pass Forfeit become a more aggressive egotistical player so he shows off his talent to a wider audience. This is what was foretold in the prophecy of the Forfeit family.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Code:

1. SHL Milestone Post

+3TPE

Code:
d. Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz and Sir Devoir were picked with back to back picks and thus both teams secured their started. Does either side have advantage on net? Back up goalies were picked lot later, do you think they can play role in the game at all?

a. I think of the Montreal players who did not make the all-star game rosters and were relegated to the skills competition, the best choice would have been Jussi Mutou. As a youthful S73 draft pick, Mutou had a monster rookie season with very little help, coming off the back of a four-star cup run. To put up 59 points in 66 games for the Patriotes in your first year is no small feat, and it would have been interesting to see what they could do in and all-star game setting. - 90 Words, +1TPE

d. I believe that JRuke has the edge in goal for a couple of reasons. First of all, Sir Devoir faced much stiffer competition all year because their division was stronger than Grzegorz’ was. Second of all, Devoir is a more season player and arguably at a higher level right now. Thirdly, Devoir has a backup in BASE PACK who is starter quality himself. In fact, some would say PACK is at his best when the games don’t really matter. - 79 Words, +1TPE

+2TPE

Code:
9. Written, 3 TPE, Players Tribune (150 words min.)
A popular format of media that has made a resurgence recently due to certain dedicated media writers, The Player's Tribune involves writing from your player's point of view in the 1st person. Write your Player's Tribune about your player's season. How do they feel about their results? Did they achieve their goals? Are they venting out frustration? Are there any moments of the season that were memorable?

Hi Tribune! This is the first one of these I’ve done other than some really short form stuff and chirper, but the brass at the Forge said the league was interested to hear from some of us players on how our seasons went. I figured, since I was a fresh-faced rookie out there for a strong Philadelphia team in S76, that I might be a good candidate to write one of these quick season reviews. My season started well. I came out of the gates absolutely flying especially for a young rookie. I had some big games against teams like Montreal and Manhattan and fierce battles against friends and foes from the J like Emil Karlsson and Cal Juice. I was feeling good and having fun. For a short time I was near the top of rookie scoring, despite being one of the youngest and least experienced players. As the season went on, I began to try some new things, and make my game more multidimensional. That coincided with a bit of fatigue that began to set in over the long campaign. Its hard to play 66 regular season games against fully grown players! My productivity declined and I ended up last on my team in scoring by forwards (although I still beat every defender – take that Flusso!) Between fatigue, puck luck changing, and my usage evolving, im kind of disappointed with the way my season finished, on the offensive side and its definitely given me something to think about heading into my second season in the show. I am happy with 47 points on the season, but really want to work on my consistency in S77. In the new season my draft buddy Leonard Wood will be joining us – I’m really looking forward to more internal competition, showing some growth, and having some fun in this new campaign for S77. Look out SHL! - 314 Words, +3TPE

+3TPE

Total: +8TPE 

\
[Image: v09bRKvt_o.jpg]

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the
person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+2 TPE

Code:
6. Graphic, 3 TPE, Get your tickets!
Create an add that tries to sell tickets to All-Star Game, needs to shows few of the top players and highlights the location (New Orleans).

[Image: New-Project.png]

Code:
12. Graphic, 3 TPE, Showoff
Create a signature for any of the award winners from this or last season.

[Image: KT5e4Jz.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2024, 04:07 PM by FuriousChicken. Edited 4 times in total.)

1. Milestones: Link - 3 TPE

The only other defender I would have expected in the top 10 might have been Hodor, once again having one excellent season for the Texas Renegades, but of course the top 10 is hard to get into especially as a defender, and both Nash Topalo and Seamus O’Slapahan had amazing seasons not rivalled by many defenders in the league.

59 words

e. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, tell us why they were picked.)
Finally after all the seasons in the SJHML, and SHL, moving from the trail at the Colorado Raptors, to being drafted by the Yukon Malamutes, playing there for 4 seasons before going to the SHL, for half a season of Edmonton Blizzards, before being traded to the Buffalo Stampede halfway in the season. Furious Chicken did it during his 3rd season in the SHL, and made the famed team of the season. Why he deserves to be in it is pretty obvious, after quite a few seasons of mediocre performances he found the way of the goal, being used as a offensive defender instead of a defensive was quite a successful one, with Furious Chicken scoring the most goals of any defender, and being one of the better defensive entries in the fantasy, despite barely being picked by anyone. Furious Chicken fought for his spot, and in a pretty good performing Buffalo Stampede team manager to be where the goals were.

161 words – 1 TPE

Total task 2: 2 TPE

The buffalo Stampede had a pretty good season, getting Nash Topalo in at 7, Jarrod Lakemore at 24, and Furious Chicken (myself) at 25. For myself I can be pretty quick looking at the high offensive quality for a defender, despite the pretty bad defensive stats where enough to get me in. For Jarrod Lakemore it was another season of being one of the most productive Buffalo Stampede players offensively, being 4th in the whole league in goals, 9th in points, and 3rd in shots it shows just how much goalscoring treat came from Lakemore last season. For Nash Topalo we of course got to look at his massive defensive and assisting contributions to the defensive, being the defender with the 2nd highest assists at a massive 46, 55 points in total also putting him in 2nd for defenders. Furthermore he also had the one of the highest blocks of the Buffalo Stampede, with an 80 defensive gamerating over the course of the season.

164 words

Total: 8 TPE

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]