Create Account

S78 All Star Week Due: Sunday, October 6th @ 11:59 PM PST

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

+3 Milestones

AW pass

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2024, 09:53 PM by Tylar. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3573214

+3 TPE

Code:
Written, 50 to 200+ words each. Shiny Grab Bag

2. 4 skaters from Los Angeles made it, should coaches try to keep them together or would you want to see things mixed up more?

To me for the All-star game is about the fans and having fun, so having four players from the Los Angeles Panthers on the team, for the fans of the Los Angeles Panthers they should play together for the most part. Since it would be cool for the fans but also it would help with chemistry in game which could be important for the team if they're trying to win. I just think overall it is cool to play with your own teammates in the all-star game and its cool for the fans to see teammates playing together. If the game is not going well, then maybe change it up, but for at least the beginning of the game, they should stay together for the fans to make it enjoyable for them since that is who the game is for. At the end of the day it is the coaches decision but the all star game really is just for fun and the fans so they should be the ones who the coaches are appeasing.
(175 words)

+3 TPE

6. Your player decides to start a youtube channel, what kind of content they are creating?
If Sad Ketchup of the Chicago Syndicate created YouTube content it would be obvious what he would be doing. His content would be cooking and testing out Ketchup Pasta dishes and making creative and fun new takes on the dish. He would be doing ketchup reviews as well as macaroni and cheese reviews. The series would be called "Ketchup Pasta". He would be doing this content because he is known for his like of ketchup and ketchup pasta and it is his brand and identity. He would also go to different restaurants and try their macaroni and cheese dishes and put ketchup in it to test it out. It would be a fun, light-hearted channel with fun content for everyone.
(120 words)

+2 TPE

Total TPE Earned 8

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM
Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Sad Ketchup -Present
S76 Ryan Jesster Trophy Winner
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2024, 09:49 PM by kenvald.)

Quote:1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

+3 TPE

Quote:12. Written, 50 to 200+ words. One foot inside the Hall
Make a case for a player to be inducted in Hall of Fame, check out the list of players from last ceremony post and pick any player that didn't get inducted and wasn't on their final year (as this isn't the place to argue about votes that already have passed). Let everyone know why they should be inducted to Hall of Fame.
I'm completely impartial when I say Sven Yxskaft deserve a spot in the Hall of Fame more than anyone in the current classes. For several reasons.

1. He played forever. Not the longest career by a player, but one of few to play for as long as he did. With over 1,000 games played for the New England Wolfpack. It's a practically unheard of achievement.

2. Cup winner. Not only a Challenge Cup winner, but also won the 4-Star cup and IIHF gold with Sweden during his career. The Hall of Fame is all about winners, and Sven definitely is one. Just disregard the fact that he only won one of each, even with such an extensive career.

3. Extreme loyalty. As mentioned, Sven represented the green and black for more than 1,000 games. Many of those seasons as a team captain, and recipient of many team awards. While the Hall of Fame mainly is about winning, I believe it should take equal consideration in the heart and soul of the players.

4. Perennial nominee. Sven never won any awards, but was repeatedly nominated several seasons during the height of his career. Which I consider impressive for someone playing on a, at the time, rebuilding team. Although he did see some success when it came to the All Star games and team selections. He was duly recognized multiple times as one of the best defensemen of his time.

5. Player coach. During his tenure Sven even took on the reins of running and coaching the Wolfpack. That double duty shows even more heart and I feel like it should be considered as well.

273 words, +5 TPE

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

1) Milestones here.

2) Honestly if I was a couch at the all star game I break those guys up. It's a game for the fans not a game that you're determined to win! Let the players themselves have a bit of fun playing with guys on other teams that they don't normally get to interact with, and let the fans see more unique lines that they won't see anywhere else. I think it's good for the players to broaden their horizons, hell they might even learn something from a guy on a different team. If you play them together again then you might as well just be watching a low stakes Los Angeles game. We have like, 66 of those per season. Let's let someone from San Francisco and Texas get a few reps in with those guys. We want fun and social cohesion at the all star game not optimized tactics and boring coaching decisions. (153)

5) I'm a big fan of tchotckes, so personally if I was going to the all star game, which I'm not (yet), I'd want some kind of collectable pink barracuda plushy that has "S78 All Star" or something embroidered in it. It'd also be fun to do some kind of pre game event at the beach where the players try to surf. Or they play like, a game of water polo. I just think since the beach is kinda the opposite of the ice we should get the players out there to see what they can do in a different environment. Maybe a 2v2 beach volley ball tournament in the tightest little shorts we can find. Then we auction off the shorts for charity afterward. Game worn. Sorry, got off track there for a second... uh what was I talking about? Oh yeah, so I think in addition to the plushy the winning team should get solid gold branded sandals for the next time they find themselves in a hot climate. It could also be a neat little bit of tampering for Tampa Bay because all star players might want to sign there as an excuse to wear the very beautiful sandals more often. (203)

TPE Earned: 9/8

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=6706bc74&is=67056af4&hm=52...height=516]

Code:
Code:

Milestones
3 TPE

Code:
8. Written, 50 to 200+ words. The Teammate One
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man instead.)

This year Winnipeg has two players representing the team at the ASG. James Ward-Prowse and Jay O'Neil, but I will talk about JWP in this one. A player from my own draft class who was clearly the best player on the Aurora this season. Having 88 points and leading the team - the next best player only had 66 points - should be quite an easy choice, at least for a forward. The other player picked is a defender with much fewer points, but we can't compare the two anyway. Being so much better - on paper - than the rest of the team makes the choice easier and I'm sure everyone on the team would agree they picked the right one. Unfortunately JWP won't be on the team anymore next season, because they got traded away, but nevertheless I wish them success in the ASG. Fun fact at the end: Jay O'Neil won't be on the team anymore either, because of retirement, but I think it's a nice way to end a career.

170 words
3 TPE

Code:
11. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Chirper Is Content
Often people Chirp only for money and don’t really check what others have been chirping about, but it doesn’t have to be so. Find one or few interesting Chirps from this weeks thread, that you could reply to, and tell us why you picked those. Do they raise interesting topics that you’d have something to say about? Or maybe they are just something funny that made you smile?

Interesting prompt. I have to admit I sometimes just get a few random chirps in myself, but remembering the old days when we used Twitter instead, I still engage in conversations with other chirps here and there. I have not read any this week since I was away. Some chirps I would like to highlight. First this one because I definitely agree with it and I don't like it either. The only thing that's probably worse are people just saying hi and then nothing else.  Additionally this one was also interesting and also informative. More people should post recipes. After that I didn't feel like clicking through the entire thread anymore so this is all.

115 words
2 TPE

Total: 8 TPE

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3572619

3 TPE

Myself and two team mates made the All Star team for season 78 of the SMJHL. Enough about myself... One dude who made the grade was the Grizzlies top point scorer, right winger, Marian Hanak. He definitely had a breakout season with thirty five goals scored and adding thirty seven assists for a point total of seventy two. He finished the season with an impressive +ten and kept his temper in check accumulating only twenty penalty minutes. Playing on the top power play, Marian also added 13 power play points and generally made his presence known for the Grizzlies this season in a positive way.

The other Great Falls Grizzly who made the All-Star team was defenseman Argenti Gorilla. If you played for the Grizzlies you would recognize this name but across the league, he has quietly been building a fabulous player and finally got the recognition this year by being noticed by the All-Star committee. The little treasure from Great Falls is now known to be a bonafide stud player. His breakout year was a contribution of ten goals and twenty nine assists. He was also a huge impact on the power play adding 15 points with the man advantage. It was an honourto be selected this season with these two Grizzlies and I hope the All-Star game is fun for us all.

224 Words 4TPE

7. What would be your starting lineup, 3 forwards, 2 defencemen and a goalie for one of the SMJHL conferences?

My starting line up for the All-Stars in the northern division would be: Forward- Marian Hanak from the Great Falls Grizzlies. Forward- Jon Garfield from the Thunder Bay Walleye. Forward- Jefferson Steelflex from the Anchorage Armada. Defense- Scape Goat from the Quebec City Citadelles. Red Panda Junior from the Thunderbay Walleye. And finally; Goalie- Elvar Gil-Galad from the Great Falls Grizzlies.

61 Words 1 TPE

[Image: wLeEjGc.jpeg]

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2024, 07:22 AM by Popol.)

1. Milestones: see link here

3 TPE

2. My player, Louis Belanger, would start a youtube channel talking about the people in the SHL. Let's be serious, the fans don't really care about the results on the ice, but they do care about who is playing on the ice. They are wondering what these players do during the day, what they eat and what's their problems. Louis Belanger's youtube channel would post a weekly episode on a different player and talk about him. He would also sometimes have guests over to contribute to the conversation. Now, beware, he wouldn't shy away from saying the real things that are going on in the locker room. His first episode on his youtube channel would be on @HillsHaveHats , There are a lot of things to say about this weird guy. For example, Louis would talk about how much Oliver's stuff stinks and why that's the reason other players are always in a rush to leave the locker room during training camp. His second episode would be on @Gyro_Hero , his obsession on trees and how it caused a fire hazard when the front office discovered a tree blocking a fire exit. The 3rd episode would be on @OVOXO and his obsession on Ana De Armas. There are so many different types of people in this league!

214 words = 4 TPE

11. I do sometime check chirps, but 99% of them are simply sentences with nothing much to reply to. I will reply to this one. I agree that it's fun to start fantasy. You first find out who is in your group. This season, I have a very hard group, all people that finished in the top of the league last season, so this will be a good competition. I hope I can win it all, I need those TPE.Then, second, we draft players, this is fun. I love the research aspect of this.

93 word = 1 TPE

8 total TPE
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2024, 04:29 AM by the5urreal. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

S78 SHL Milestones
+1 TPE

Code:
2. 4 skaters from Los Angeles made it, should coaches try to keep them together or would you want to see things mixed up more?
3. Before last player in votes all of the East defencemen are from different teams, which pairings you would create from them?
4. Which of the goalies you would have starting for each team?
5. What can city of Tampa Bay offer to players they are hosting for All-Star games?
6. Your player decides to start a youtube channel, what kind of content they are creating?
7. What would be your starting lineup, 3 forwards, 2 defencemen and a goalie for one of the SMJHL conferences?

2. Two forwards (Adam Prpich and Derek Martin) and two defensemen (Elena Maximova and Rasmus Bergling) from the Los Angeles Panthers made the all-star team. Considering the Panthers were second in the league in goals for and allowed the third fewest goals against them during the regular season, I think Prpich and Martin should be playing together on the same line and Maximova and Bergling should be a defensive pairing since they are all familiar with each other on the ice. Given their results during the regular season it only makes sense to keep them together and hope for similar results during the all-star game.
[104 words]
+2 TPE

4. Choosing the starting goalie for the all-star game is usually a coin flip and this season is no different. In the Eastern Conference, we have Tibuk Soonika and Five-Hole Sieve, two goalies with vastly different resumes. Soonika is playing in their sixth season, all as a starter, and has been decent their entire career but took a huge step forward in S78, obviously benefitting from a much improved Tampa Bay Barracuda team. Sieve on the other hand is only in their third season, second as a starter, and had a much more difficult time on a team with an average defense. Overall though, I think Soonika did enough to earn the starting nod.

In the Western Conference, we have two seasoned goaltenders and perennial all-stars in Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz and Justin Time. This will be a more difficult decision. Both goaltenders benefitted from playing on exceptionally good teams (the third and fourth ranked defenses in the league respectively) but they both were among the best of the best in most goaltending statistics. Brzęczyszczykiewicz and Time ranked first and second in the league in GAA respectively while Time led the league in wins with 44 and was second in shutouts with 5 compared to Brzęczyszczykiewicz’s 36 and 4. Where Brzęczyszczykiewicz separated themself though was in GSAA where they were second in the league with 20.49 compared to Time’s 8.91 which is a huge difference. Brzęczyszczykiewicz also had the better Save % with a .910 compared to Time’s .901. Honestly, you can’t go wrong here, but I would go with Brzęczyszczykiewicz myself.
[260 words]
+4 TPE

Code:
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man instead.)

8. This past season, the New Orleans Specters surprisingly struggled both offensively and defensively so it’s no surprise to see that, once again, only one Specter had the honor of being an all-star. What’s not a surprise is that it was Peter Tingle. He has been the backbone on offense for the Specters for five seasons in a row now and even though S78 was a down season for New Orleans as a whole, Tingle set a career high in points with 80. That might not seem like much but the Specters only managed to score 253 goals as a team in S78 meaning Tingle contributed on over 30% of all goals scored by the team (31.6% to be exact). That’s crazy. Even though Peter Tingle will be regressing for the first time in S79 he remains the top player in New Orleans. Considering the team isn’t getting any better, we can expect more of the same from Tingle in S79.
[161 words]
+3 TPE

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: kPo7Awc.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]

LINK

3 TPE

Stars Stars Stars

1. SMHJL milestone--> 2 tpe

2. It is super impressive that 4 players from Los Angeles Panthers made the All Star West Squad. These players are none other than Adam Prpich, Derek Martin, Elena Maximova and a goalie whose name is impossible to pronounce, which we will refer to as "The Goalie". I believe the coaches should definitely mix them up. Yes the four played together and have chemistry but you never know what can happen with a new lineup. This will also give players with a chance to play with others and be able to adjust to new situations and to allow them to further extend their skills. When you play with the same people over and over, it sort of becomes routine and you lose the drive to better yourself since you know what is expected of you and how you should play. Playing with others will challenge a player and will allow them to come ontop in various situations. Even if they fail, they will be able to learn from their mistakes.
169 words--> 3 tpe

4. Although Justin Time had the best career from the 4 goalies chosen to represent their respective teams in the All Star competition, sadly, I believe his time is up. The dude is a legend and has posted some of the best statistics but he is in his regression stages of the game and it will be hard to continue going forward. Since he does have the experience, he can be the clutch moment saver when the game depends on it but I will simply start the LAP goalie over him. The LAP goalie whose name is too hard to pronounce should be deserving of the starter position, since he just won the challenge cup. He has the momentum to keep going and possibly claim the all star trophy for the west. In the east, I believe it is an easy choice. It has to be the 6'9" giant, Tibuk Soonika. Five-Hole Sieve is too new to the competition and is still developing. There is no point in rushing him right now. Tibuk Soonika still far from regression is already a 1900+ tpe player and will be a force to be reckoned with. He will be the Great wall of the East making it hard for the opposition to score. In a battle of the goalies between the East and West, I think Tibuk Soonika will take the throne
228 words-->4 tpe

Total tpe-->9
Claimable-->8

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2024, 02:29 PM by vbottas17. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. Milestones (+3 TPE):
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3573330

2. 4 skaters from Los Angeles made it, should coaches try to keep them together or would you want to see things mixed up more? (200+ words +4 TPE)

The Panthers have an extremely deep roster and 6 players ended up making the all star team this season, Adam Prpich, Derek Martin, Alexi Piastri, Elena Maximova, Rasmus Bergling, and Grzegorz Brzeczyszczykiewicz. This is just the tip of the iceberg for a roster that features elite SHL players throughout the lineup. Not only are they talented, the roster gelled last season and ended up winning the President's trophy during the regular season, only to follow that up with a Challenge Cup championship run in which they knocked out the top 3 other teams in the SHL. In my opinion, there's no reason to break up such an excellent group of players, and it appears that management feels the same way as they have worked hard to lock up the teams core players to contract extensions. While some of the clubs elite players may not be as quick as they were a few seasons ago, there's no sign in a drop off in production and the results have been everything that a team could hope for. I believe that the current group of players on the Panthers could be championship contenders for at least a few more seasons. Even after some if the teams current all stars move on, there will be players waiting to step up and take on more prominent roles for the team.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

1. Milestones , +2 TPE

2. For the sake of the All-Star Game I’d prefer that players from the same team just get a chance to play on the ice with other players. There might be some chemistry for SFP or LAP players that would go unappreciated if they played on different lines, but I feel like fans had all season to see them play together and the ASG is a time for fans to see their favorite players across the league synergize. Plus, it’s not like you can’t periodically change up the lines mid-game if you absolutely need to (outside of maybe FM not letting those spot changes happen – but in a real game you’d theoretically have that flexibility). It’d also make me wonder if there ought to be a world where the teams can only have a few players maximum from each conference’s team but then we’d miss out on a lot of deserving players. [151, +3 for total of +5]

13. I think Violet Stoica is a very worthy candidate for Rookie of the Year! The other candidates are Eric Vanderberg Jr from my first home (Buffalo) and Mary Hollywood, who I played with on the Regina Elk. I’d point out first that Violet scored more even-handed points (42) and simply wasn’t on the power play at all to allow for additional points to be scored compared to Hollywood and had less time on ice per game. My relative CF and FF percentages were similar if not better, and overall I had a significantly more balanced game with regards to defense and offense. I don’t actually have the hockey wherewithal to compare forwards to defensemen so – who knows – Vanderberg may be the runaway #1 candidate for all I can tell. Mary Hollywood was a fantastic forward for a team with a very challenging team situation, so would I be mad if I lost to either? Nope. They’ve both got excellent arguments for the award (but for the purposes of this prompt I’d like to think I have a pretty strong case). [180, +3 for a total of +8]

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and
then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the
person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks
milestones.
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3573335
+3 TPE

Code:

I believe that the coach for the West team should keep these Los Angeles skaters together. The chemistry they have already built combined with the all-star talent is something many all-star teams would not get, and they should take advantage of that. Mixing it up might work too, but ultimately having these players who know each other will be the difference maker. (62 words, +1 TPE)

Code:

Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they,
why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do
you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made
the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the
only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write
about your team's candidate for last man instead.)
My teammate, Chris Valentine, is absolutely deserving of the all-star roster selection. Valentine is a forward who has been a force for us in Texas for many seasons, and he has become no stranger to the All Star game. And this is for good reason, as Valentine once again led all Renegades in goals and points. One of the things that really stands out for Valentine is the balance, has he finished with an almost even 51 goals and 54 assists on the season. It is consistency like this that makes him a great selection for the big game. I expect Valentine to bring this balanced style of play to the Western All Star team. He will most likely be relied upon as a veteran to move the puck into the zone and find the open teammates, while also finding his spot around the net and choose the best time to shoot rather than pass. Western teammates will also appreciate Valentine's humor and leadership on the bench, and there is no doubt he will make a lot of new friends within the conference team. Valentine is a star in Texas, and every time he plays in the All Star Game it makes the rest of the league and nation realize what the Renegades have in their talented forward. (218 words, +4 TPE)

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

GM Pass

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]