Create Account

s60 mPT #4: Feedback

I love the creativity of the site, and that there is ongoing and supported/encouraged dialog for new ideas, as well as amazing members who actually work to implement, test, and improve things in the site.

I would love to see the IIHF and WJC experience bumped up even more! The offseason is a great time for contract movements and a brief respite from regular-sesson player stuff, but the IIHF and WJC are great opportunities to fill the game with some sim hockey entertainment!

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

I would not change the name of the site. Simulation Hockey League is a good name. Do not change to international simulation hockey league. that would we kinda weird.

[Image: rotti.gif]

It has been said in a bunch of other submissions here, but the banking system is amazing. I was a banker in a couple older versions, and when we made the switch over to what we have now. Really great stuff. Bojo did a great job. I’m not sure who else was involved, but it is so good.

My biggest issue with the league remains league balance. I think coaching has more value than it should, but I don’t know how you go about fixing that. I don’t like the idea that a coach could have more value than any individual player in a league that is supposed to be player-centric. Back when the SHN did the league redraft, we saw that coaching was valued very highly, higher than players to most of the people in the redraft. I agree with that valuation, but I wish that wasn’t the case.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

First the props, and I would have to give that to all of the people involved with the drafts. They are really fun to watch, and everyone involved with them does a tremendous job! Thank you!

The one thing I would change is I'd give players the option when to enter the pro draft, and I realize that may very well be impossible. I just think it'd be sorta fun to mimic the real pro leagues around draft time, and the chatter of who's staying and who is leaving. Could make for some fun media stuff, too. Maybe it could be made into a window between the 2nd and 5th J seasons?

Code:
Word Count: 112

[Image: GardnerNoTeam.jpg?width=747&height=420]

I honestly really like the twitter system - it is so easy to use and navigate. Never having to worry about having to re-up or anything. You use the hashtag and you get counted which is really nice so a shoutout to whoever created that bot and the twitter team.

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

I honestly think the league overall is pretty mint and I can't really think of anything I'd rather have changed, to be quite honest with you lot.

...Maybe get a sim soccer league done on PES, but I think that's not really a priority.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

The new index look is fantastic. One thing I hate about the site is the number of forums and subforums that is too high and sometimes it takes make a couple of seconds to remember where to look for the information I’m looking for.

44 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Ill be honest I am probably the only person who reads and enjoys the forum locker rooms. I mean their a part of your team's history. A great way to see how your team has become what it is and what its overcome to get there. Id love it if they never went away. I think their great and a great addition to keep around.

Something about the site that I absolutely love is the fact that we can all laugh about random shit.  I enjoy the comradery I so often see and experience.  Something I would change, not necessarily with the site though, is the fact that overtime is so fucking short.  I’m tired of shootouts.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2021, 12:56 AM by Z-Whiz.)

As a GM from another league where the draft takes 3-5 days, I am truly amazed and applaud this league for being able to pull of a live draft. I'm sure it sucks for the GMs especially those in late time zones, but I really do enjoy it. I would not change this (don't kill me hotdog).

Banking is also awesome on this site. I wouldn't change that either and would love to see automation like this in the ISFL. 

One thing I would change is the equipment purchasing. I think you should be able to upgrade from between levels. You should be able to buy Tier 1, and if you get enough money, upgrade it to Tier 2 or 3 before the season ends.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

the SHL site has taken so many steps to streamlining the process since I first joined. The bank system, the purchases, the easy to read interface its all so good. This makes me want to praise management so much... so why can't we fix media and make it more meaningful?

Where are media word count targets? Where are media contests for more money? Other sim leagues do it so why can't we?

1. How friendly and helpful everyone is. This is a culture that starts from the top and works it's way down, but you can't pin it on any one person.
2. I would add more ways to make money. Writing media as a complete newbie can be a little intimidating, and graphics aren't everyone's cup of tea. Maybe if there was something else as well....?

[Image: canuckles_sig.png]
Thanks to Pythonic!
[Image: WPG_Elvis.png]
Thanks to Tweedle!

The bank here is the envy of all sim leagues so props to whoever the hell made that! The tpe tracker is big doodoo so unprops to whoever (didn't) make that!

[Image: t6u8vGX.png]
[Image: TjI93pk.gif]

I enjoy all live coverages. Especially draft for both leagues. It is so cool that I can hear not only names but some things about those drafted player

**28 words**

Drafted 59th Overall in SMJHL S58 draft by Anchorage Armada
Drafted 9th in SMJHL S60 expansion draft by Great Falls Grizzlies
Drafted 36th Overall in SHL S59 draft by Calgary Dragons

[Image: lux2.png]

The bank System is pretty awesome and the new index looks great.

However I hate not being able to have box scores for games, and miss the play by play breakdown for the games

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France