Create Account

SHL MEDIA RULES

^ BALL GAME

(referencing jala's post, not JT's... although his is still spot-on)

Can I host one and guest on one?

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

SMH @ Narconis spoiling Training Day for me

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Quote:Originally posted by Kit@Feb 3 2015, 06:25 PM
Can I host one and guest on one?

If you are that desperate that you need to bypass this rule using any loophole you can find, then I sincerely feel sorry for you.

Quote:Originally posted by O4L@Feb 3 2015, 04:25 PM
[Image: i9GZU7qsFDRO1.gif]

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by jaladolar@Feb 3 2015, 07:22 PM
Also since I'm on a computer instead of my phone, I can actually share my thoughts.

1) gorlab makes the payouts. If he feels there's merit behind one podcast at a one hour cap, there's more of a reason behind it then you think.

2) Hiring more people to jobs that aren't needed isn't the solution to a problem a small handful of people have. That just furthers money inflation.

Let's look at the inflation of increasing podcasts. Using maxy's 2.25 mill cap and a proposed 4 podcast limit, and what the hell, we'll add in mcplardy grading podcasts. Basing it off a 6 week regular season/playoffs.

4 podcasts x 2.25 million = 9 million
9 million x 6 weeks + 4 million(i think?) grader pay = 58 million
58 million - 6 million training = 52 million

So, you make 52 million at the end of 6 weeks AFTER training. Why do you need so much money? Add in contracts, jobs, media articles and GFX and you gross over 75 million a season easily with no real money sinks.

3) Podcasts are so easy to do. Most on here don't even come up with their own material, they just have questions asked to them and answer them. I heard one podcast where the member was just reciting stats and trying to mask it with some sort of relevance. The podcast rubric and payout is very lenient compared to GFX and more forgiving then media articles.

4) A lot of podcasts are poorly done with no preparation and production value. Recording before all members join the podcast, a lot of dead air and huming and hawing. Podcasts here are very forgiving and allow people new to them to take time and learn how to do it while being paid the full amount. That's a positive as it helps those who don't podcast often to grow into them and improve them as they move on.

5) If you feel your podcasts are so great, then post them for people to enjoy. You have up to an hour from podcasts, plus GFX and medias to make money.
As for the inflation the proposition is one podcast for my system. One podcast a week, even with I think it was Nikitin who suggested 4 and he said cap it at 2.5m a week total which is still less than current

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Caillean@Feb 4 2015, 09:22 AM

PST- he didn't grade your most recent podcast.
GJ proving you're spouting shit without bothering to even check your facts.

I know he didn't grade my most recent podcast, however I was told that he directed the grader to pay me less. I honestly didn't even want to mention it because now it seems like I am throwing someone under the bus, but that's not the case.

If you guys are fine with gorlab being an asshole...then so be it. You can keep him. However, as I said before...he has enough jobs, there are plenty of people on this site, and it's time for a new head of media.

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

Quote:Originally posted by Narconis@Feb 3 2015, 04:30 PM

I know he didn't grade my most recent podcast, however I was told that he directed the grader to pay me less.  I honestly didn't even want to mention it because now it seems like I am throwing someone under the bus, but that's not the case. 

If you guys are fine with gorlab being an asshole...then so be it.  You can keep him.  However, as I said before...he has enough jobs, there are plenty of people on this site, and it's time for a new head of media.

Wait. So Gorlab takes away 100k because of excessive NFL talk but other than that does the job better than most media graders we have had.... and you want him fired.

The bias from you though.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by O4L@Feb 4 2015, 09:25 AM

The movie came out like a decade ago. The spoilers grace period has long passed.

I'd also like to point out that I haven't complained about 1 hour 1 podcast limit. I actually DO agree with that rule.

Player Twitter

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee The Shark@Feb 3 2015, 05:27 PM

[Image: i9GZU7qsFDRO1.gif]

[Image: katy-perry-super-bowl-8-1422845268.gif]

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Quote:Originally posted by Narconis@Feb 3 2015, 04:30 PM

I know he didn't grade my most recent podcast, however I was told that he directed the grader to pay me less.  I honestly didn't even want to mention it because now it seems like I am throwing someone under the bus, but that's not the case. 

If you guys are fine with gorlab being an asshole...then so be it.  You can keep him.  However, as I said before...he has enough jobs, there are plenty of people on this site, and it's time for a new head of media.
Then as I said to Kit earlier in this thread- take it up with someone who has the power to change it, quit banging your head against a wall that isn't listening to you (and for good reason).
He also didn't DIRECT that grader to pay you less on his own, he was told you went off topic and decided that was one too many times for you.
It's not like Gorlab's just sitting there going "MWAHAHAHA LET'S SEE HOW I CAN FUCK NARCONIS OUT OF MONEY THIS WEEK" like you seem to be implying.

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee The Shark@Feb 3 2015, 04:31 PM

Wait. So Gorlab takes away 100k because of excessive NFL talk but other than that does the job better than most media graders we have had.... and you want him fired.

Yeahthat

Quote:Originally posted by Narconis@Feb 3 2015, 04:33 PM

The movie came out like a decade ago.  The spoilers grace period has long passed.

I'd also like to point out that I haven't complained about 1 hour 1 podcast limit.  I actually DO agree with that rule.
No you're just complaining about some imaginary slight that's in your head.

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee The Shark@Feb 4 2015, 09:31 AM

I fully admit I am biased against him. I tried letting shit go a long time ago, he's continued to be an asshole, so fuck it.

However, we can stop the praise about how great a job he is doing. Any active person could do that job, or any job, just as good as him. He is not special. He took over a job from a shitty person before him, so I've heard. Great job. That is to be commended. What I take offense to is his attitude about how great he is and how the site wouldn't function without him.

Bottom line is this....if gorlab didn't treat me like shit constantly...I wouldn't have a problem with the guy. But not only is he an asshole to me, he is an unavoidable asshole because he is in charge of media.

Player Twitter

Narconis always on a drunken tangent.