Create Account

S70 Championship Week

7. Milestones, 3 TPE

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3358008

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE  - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. 

This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

minaj

6. Written, 2 TPE, Hopeful Haiku  (5 words min.)

Write a haiku telling me what you hope to accomplish in Season 71! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again. None of your lines may rhyme with each other.

New ice under feet,
Rookie defenseman skating,
First goal would be sweet.

17. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)

Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through my most gracious scheduling error, you’ve won a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Who were you hoping would take it - Winnipeg's redemption tour or the fresh-faced Wolfpack? What did you like or not like about this season?

This playoff season was undoubtedly an exciting one for us SHL hockey fans. Both teams had their strengths and weaknesses, and it was interesting to see how they matched against each other in the playoffs. Winnipeg's second-best record in the league was a testament to their skill and consistency, while New England's underdog status made their playoff run all the more impressive.

Overall, this season showcased the talent and competitiveness of the hockey league, and it was a pleasure to watch both the Aurora and Wolfpack give it their all on the ice. I always love rooting for the underdog to win it, just like the year before. Eventually, Winnipeg’s regular season dominance will fade and they will become the underdog I root for in the finals.

5. Written, 3 TPE, Blood on the Ice (150 words min)

Continuing with the branding wars: this year's final features the return of the glowing bear god against a fresh opponent - a mighty wolfpack! This one seems slanted in the bear god's favor, but don't count the wolves out so easily! Tell me who wins and why! The arena and the rules of the fight can be whatever you desire. Get creative!

In this year's final battle, the glowing bear god returns to the arena against a mighty wolfpack. The bear god is a formidable opponent with a reputation for being a fierce and powerful creature. However, the wolfpack is no pushover, with their speed and agility allowing them to move around the bear god quickly. The arena for this fight is a lush forest, with trees towering high overhead and a babbling brook running through the center. The rules are simple: the first team to capture the opposing team's flag wins. The bear god starts in the forest's center, while the wolfpack starts at the edge. The game is intense, with both teams moving quickly and strategically through the forest. The bear god uses its size and strength to push through the trees while the wolfpack darts around them, using its speed and agility to outmaneuver its opponent. Ultimately, the wolfpack emerges on top, capturing the bear god's flag in a daring maneuver that leaves the crowd on their feet. While the bear god was a fierce opponent, the wolfpack's speed and agility ultimately proved too much to handle.

16. Written, 3 TPE, Home Turf (150 words min.)

Rotating host countries is expensive and politically challenging. Local governments have to maintain sufficient arenas to host an event that comes around once a decade and popular sentiment is changing against olympic-style sports in general. We may have to pick a permanent home for the IIHF! Naturally, this should be your country, so state your case as to why your country is the best candidate to permanently host IIHF!

Ireland may not be the first country that comes to mind when considering potential permanent hosts for the IIHF, but there are several compelling reasons why it would be an excellent choice.
Firstly, Ireland has a strong history of hosting major international sporting events. The country has the infrastructure and experience to successfully host large-scale sporting events, including sufficient arenas and transportation networks. Ireland's central location in Europe makes it easily accessible to teams and fans worldwide. The country's airports offer numerous flights to and from major cities throughout Europe and beyond, making travel to Ireland convenient and cost-effective. Furthermore, Ireland's passionate and dedicated hockey community would ensure that the IIHF tournament receives the support and enthusiasm it deserves. The country boasts several high-quality ice rinks and a growing number of hockey teams, with players of all ages and skill levels taking to the ice. In conclusion, Ireland's experience hosting international sporting events, central location, passionate hockey community, and potential economic benefits make it an excellent candidate to permanently host the IIHF.

[Image: MMCPaEg.png]

[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png][Image: eP8F2Ne.png]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Halkoholic

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3358646

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2023, 04:04 PM by jlutz14. Edited 4 times in total.)

PROMPTS

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Winnipeg made the finals last year and came up just short against the Forge. Last year, their offense ran through Mikko Rashford - this year, their top line has been much more of a balanced attack, with Gonzo Gobbledygook and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson stepping up hard. Does this make Winnipeg a stronger team, or would it be better to spread this firepower out and run multiple scoring lines?
b. New England finds themselves in a similar situation to Winnipeg's last year: star winger Petr Svoboda has an absurd 30 points in 23 playoff games at the time this is posted. 18 of those are goals, 12 are assists: how do you shut this guy down?
c. Olof Karsikko has made 823 saves in these playoffs, nearly twice the number of saves made by Winnipeg's Rebecca Montagne. What can New England do to help their tendie out? Or should they settle on a strategy of allowing their goalie to face a high volume of low-danger shots to get in the zone and stay hot? Alternatively, how can they rattle Montagne?
4. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Series (150 words min.)
Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly.
5. Written, 3 TPE, Blood on the Ice (150 words min)
Continuing with the branding wars: this year's final features the return of the glowing bear god against a fresh opponent - a mighty wolfpack! This one seems slanted in the bear god's favor, but don't count the wolves out so easily! Tell me who wins and why! The arena and the rules of the fight can be whatever you desire. Get creative!
Write a haiku telling me what you hope to accomplish in Season 71! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again. None of your lines may rhyme with each other.

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RESPONSES

1. CW Trivia - Verification word: hippo  + 3 TPE
2. Grab Bag - + 3 TPE

a. In my opinion, running multiple scoring lines seems to produce the most success, especially in the playoffs.  While having stars leading the way by dominating offensively is very important, I think it is a bit irrational to rely entirely on one or two players to put up all the scoring.  Without depth scoring, a close low-scoring game in the playoffs can be easily lost.  Depth often decides those games and spreading it out is the way to improve on that.

b. Svoboda, being a prolific scorer, needs to be shielded or boxed out by the defense.  In order to prevent him from getting the puck, Winnipeg should look to shadow Svoboda and put him on lock.  By limiting his shots and denying him the puck, he should, in theory, score less.  It is also important to get him away from the front of the net and the high-danger areas, as they lead to more goals.

c. To rattle Montagne, they should continue to try doing what they are doing.  With Svoboda leading the way, New England should look to keep ripping shots on net from high-danger areas and get a lot of traffic in front of the net to throw the Winnipeg goalie off their game.  Deflections and tipped pucks will make a great difference.

4. Dream Series, +3 TPE

As I come to the close of my final SMJHL season, I would have loved to beat the Detroit Falcons in a playoff series.  Detroit has seemingly been dominant or in the upper half of the SMJHL each and every season I've been in the J.  Considering the talent Detroit has consistently skated out on the ice (TPE totals), they've greatly exceeded their expected performance seemingly every season.  Opposing them as a player for the Kelowna Knights has been very frustrating in that regard, as we really haven't had much success in comparison despite our great TPE totals, especially this past season.  Conversely, it was hard to watch players in my draft class with the same TPE dominate with Detroit while it was hard to produce with Kelowna.  I honestly don't really know how we weren't more productive at times, but it is what it is.  Getting to take out Detroit given their success would be a good accomplishment in my book due to this.

5. Blood on the Ice, +3 TPE

In this case, oh how the mighty have fallen!  The glowing bear is unable to stand up against the pack of hungry, fiery wolves snarling and prowling about.  Although the singular bear is extremely strong and ferocious, the sheer numbers of the wolfpack prove to be too much for the bear, overwhelming the furry creature in an exchange of clenched jaws, brutal bites, and slashes left and right with paws big and small.  In a cold tundra arena, the fight starts after a lone wolf sees the bear in the distance and echoes out a howl late in the night, calling for other wolves.  Surprisingly, a back of about 120 wolves shows up and openly attacks the bear.  Surrounded by all sides, the bear is unable to hang on after a while and is slowly worn down into the ground, both literally and metaphorically.  The wolfpack proved to be too much to handle for the bear, as the number of wolves was simply too overwhelming for the bear, although the wolves suffered many casualties in the fight.

6. Haiku - +2 TPE

Call up excitement
Hoping to improve greatly
Only time will tell

7. +2 TPE - Milestones

Total: + 16 TPE

[Image: lutz-first-sig-shl.png]

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Verification: welost

Quote:2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Winnipeg made the finals last year and came up just short against the Forge. Last year, their offense ran through Mikko Rashford - this year, their top line has been much more of a balanced attack, with Gonzo Gobbledygook and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson stepping up hard. Does this make Winnipeg a stronger team, or would it be better to spread this firepower out and run multiple scoring lines?
I've always personally leaned towards spreading your offense out (within reason) during the playoffs. I wouldn't be playing star players on the bottom line or anything, but being able to come at a team in relentless waves can be exhausting for the opponent. You can always stack a line later if you need to find some offense.

c. Olof Karsikko has made 823 saves in these playoffs, nearly twice the number of saves made by Winnipeg's Rebecca Montagne. What can New England do to help their tendie out? Or should they settle on a strategy of allowing their goalie to face a high volume of low-danger shots to get in the zone and stay hot? Alternatively, how can they rattle Montagne?
To quote the next question, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Obviously New England's strategy is working as they've toppled some very strong teams to get to this point. It seems to me like they're allowing teams to make low danger shots and Karsikko is mopping up whatever comes through. It's the same strategy the Habs used to get to the cup a few years ago. Lock down the middle and let your star goalie deal with the rest.

d. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?
Well, if I'm being honest I thought that we had a pretty good chance at getting it done this time. Of course that came back to bite me. I felt pretty good that we wouldn't have to face Philly again and might have underestimated New England a bit. Maybe we're cursed, or maybe we just can't rise to the occasion, I don't know. But we'll keep trying.

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE, History Repeating (150 words min.)
Tell me about something good that happened in your SHL career which you hope will happen again! What is it, what will it look like? Did it happen to your current player or one of your former players? What can you do to stack the odds in your favor?
Unfortunately throughout my career I have been stuck without any Challenge Cup wins, so I can't use that as my prompt. I did have one Four Star win way back in I believe S41, but it was with a team I was traded to at the deadline at the end of my junior career and I did not have a big connection or attachment with that team. Other than that, the best things that have happened in my SHL career would be between winning a Stevens trophy with Jon Toner back in S49 I believe? Or my back to back Mexico nominations with Blanchet a few seasons ago. Winning the Stevens trophy was something I was really proud of, but even though I didn't pull out a win from my Mexico noms, that almost feels like a bigger feat. To be a top 3 player in the league is huge, and to be able to do that in back to back seasons was pretty cool. I don't think I'll reach those heights again with Blanchet, but maybe some day on a future player I can pull out the win.

Quote:7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones Link

Quote:6. Written, 2 TPE, Hopeful Haiku (5 words min.)

Just one cup pretty please
It's been five years, still no cup
I'm dying inside

Quote:17. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator! Through my most gracious scheduling error, you’ve won a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Who were you hoping would take it - Winnipeg's redemption tour or the fresh-faced Wolfpack? What did you like or not like about this season?
We felt pretty good once again going into the playoffs. We felt like we were definitely the team to beat in the West and we ended up cruising through the conference without too many issues. Once again though we couldn't get the job done in the finals. We will still have plenty good enough team to win over the next few seasons, but it can be frustrating to have a championship within your grasp but have it slip away a few times in a row. I'm beginning to feel like a bit of a curse, I've been here for about 5.5 years now without an SHL championship to speak of, and I have almost consistently been on playoff teams throughout my SHL career.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

1. Trivia

Formx

+/- -> +20 or higher (22)
Hits -> 117 or more (203)
Takeaways -> 26 or more (43)

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Task #1 Duck

Task #2
Winnipeg made the finals last year and came up just short against the Forge. Last year, their offense ran through Mikko Rashford - this year, their top line has been much more of a balanced attack, with Gonzo Gobbledygook and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson stepping up hard. Does this make Winnipeg a stronger team, or would it be better to spread this firepower out and run multiple scoring lines?
I don't believe in spreading out your offense accross multiple lines. As far as I'm concerned, attack your opponent with everything you have, and try to gain such an advantage during that time, that what happens in the rest of the game, it isn't as important, because you've carved yourself out quite a comfortable advantage. Now, with all that being said, it is worth mentioning that Dork really has no idea about any of the finer workings when it comes to Hockey, and I'm pretty much just hear to have fun, skate, and occasionally punch people in the mouth. So maybe take what I have to say with a bit of a grain of salt.

If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?
I say that Winnipeg wins the Finals this season. Why? Because I like the name. Winnipeg, makes me think of winnie the pooh. And that's really all I've got. Even funnier, because I'm about 99% positive that the series has already ended, and yet instead of just checking who won and picking that team, I'm guessing based off a name. Let's hope I'm right, and don't look like a total goofball!

Task #7 
Dork's quiet prowess
Stars illuminate his path
Triumph lies ahead

Task #17
As the championship unfolded between the Winnipeg Warriors and the Wolfpack, I found myself pretty much apathetic about the entire thing. It isn't that Dork lacks an appreciation for playoffs or the intensity of a final series, but just that this isn't truly my main league, and the fact is, if I'm going to be highly invested in any kind of SHL playoff series, It's going to be one where Dork is in it, and he's leading the Stars back to glory. And that is not happening this season, so it might be a while before he's really watching the SHL playoffs with any kind of excitement.

Well, I will not be blackmailed by some ineffectual, privileged, effete, soft-penised, debutante. You want to start a street fight with me bring it on but you're gonna be surprised by how ugly it gets, you don't even know my real name- 

[Image: Muon-Collider-Sig.gif?ex=6581fbe3&is=656...5534def5e&]
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2023, 01:13 PM by Z-Whiz. Edited 5 times in total.)

Code:
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

ISFL Affiliate PT

Code:

Verification word: Quack

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, History Repeating (150 words min.)
Tell me about something good that happened in your SHL career which you hope will happen again! What is it, what will it look like? Did it happen to your current player or one of your former players? What can you do to stack the odds in your favor?

There have been two things that have been really cool in Puddle O’Duck’s long career. The first, and most important to him was winning the in S65. It felt like it was going to be the first of many, but since then the salary cap rules changed and dismantled the would-be dynasty as the league looked for more parity. It was unfortunate timing as Atlanta just happened to be the hot team with the most stars. In previous seasons, the team could have stayed together, but with the salary cap changes, it forced Atlanta to part way with 3 stars. This is the one I ultimately want to happen again. I’d love to win the cup one more time before retiring. It’s also the most realistic as I don’t think I’ve got the ability to win the Stevens award again. That was the 2nd coolest thing to happen in my career and it also happened in S65. What a time to be alive. I’ll look back on that season as the glory years and won’t forget it until my concussions force me to forget.

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Hopeful Haiku  (5 words min.)

Puddles O'Duck sucks
Not only does he sucky
He too sucky ducks

Code:

Milestone Link - 3 TPE

Code:
14. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! How far do you realistically expect to go this year? What nations do you want to match up against, and which do you dread? What are your expectations for your player?

My prediction is the Russia will finally come out on top in this seasons IIHF tournament. Puddles O'Duck will lead the team with his fantastic defensive skills and Krunk with his otherworldly offensive skills. It will be a sight to behold. Some other reasons for winning is our refined tactical approach. Russia is known for our tactical acumen and ability to adapt their game plan based on the opponent. Our coaches emphasize disciplined defensive play, quick transitions, and an aggressive offensive style, which can be effective in tournament play. Everyone knows defense wins championships and we’ve got one of the best in the league. We also had some controversy this season and that will bring us closer together as a team. We’ve got something to prove to the community and motivation is something that can’t be quantified on a scale of 1 to 10. It’s just something you’ve either got or you don’t, and this years Russian team has boatloads of it. So watch out folks, we’re on a mission.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

Code:
Verification word: q

Code:

My knees hurt real bad
Maybe it is about time
For Jack to retire

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3358748

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2023, 01:39 PM by BarnabasCollins. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:
Verification: FuckHamilton

Code:

Well since Dusty Rhodes has only had one season in the SHL it's tough to have much history on him to write about. Previous player Kata Vilde however had quite a long and outstanding career. Of the many accolades Vilde won which would be great to repeat were his numerous awards and a challenge cup as well as having the greatest season ever of a goaltender in SHL history I guess the one I would choose to repeat would be his Hall of Fame induction. It is highly unlikely Dusty Rhodes will ever see the Hall however. He was built to be an enforcer like Bob Probert but with FHM being the shit engine it is he has yet to actually have anything remotely resembling physical play even though his stats are built for it. In order to be hall worthy I would have to completely give up my vision and dream for him and switch to putting tpe into the same spots as everyone else. This is something I'm not sure I'm willing to do.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Series (150 words min.)
Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly.

Well for Dusty Rhodes this is pretty easy. That would be the team that traded him before he even had a chance to play for them The Edmonton Blizzard. Apparently Edmonton management had no faith in Rhodes as a player and just used him for draft capital as he turned into a top tpe earner from his class. They were able to get two picks for him from the New Orleans Spectres. In the end this may be the best thing to happen to Rhodes as Edmonton was hit with tampering penalties this past season costing them picks as well as giving up a zillion picks in a trade for their assistant manager. So it may well be that with Edmonton devoid of a great deal of draft capital they will have a hard time sustaining a playoff caliber team so it's quite possible that Rhodes may never actually encounter them in the playoffs. but revenge would taste oh so sweet.

Code:

I was born to fight
The sim does not like fighters
Maybe this season

Code:

+2 TPE - Milestones

IIHF

Code:
14. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! How far do you realistically expect to go this year? What nations do you want to match up against, and which do you dread? What are your expectations for your player?

Well for Team USA the goal and expectation would be to get into the medal rounds after finishing at the bottom of the IIHF for a bit here. How do we expect to accomplish this? Well there is reason for optimism. Team USA was able to win gold in the World Juniors. That means there is a very talented group of young players itching to make their way up the ranks on to the big club. This means competition for spots will be high and this should allow the United States to put out a much stronger squad. As far as Dusty Rhodes is concerned he is just happy to be playing for his country when there are so many eligible players to choose from. Rhodes will play any role asked of him. Early in his career here Rhodes seems to do pretty well in a defensive role so maybe that is how he will be utilized for team USA.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2023, 02:44 PM by zeagle1. Edited 1 time in total.)

Milestones +3 TPE
Trivia Veriification word: ATL +3 TPE
ISFL PT +3 TPE

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2023, 02:11 PM by SvgeMars. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA Verification: Mars

2. +4 TPE 
Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
-a. I think that both can be of an advantage.  While putting all of your best and most talented players on the same line is almost certain to produce a very very large amount of points, it may lead to your other lines not producing at all because the top line can not play every minute of every game.  (58 Words)

-b. Petr has been going crazy the entire playoffs and nobody has been able to slow him down.  He's played teams with very strong coaching staffs and very talented defenseman and forwards.  If nobody has been able to shut him down and make him obsolete yet, is there a way to actually do that?  I do not see it happening. (59 Words)
c. I think in order to score a lot of goals, you have to rely on your goal tender to make plays that he should make.  By leaking out, it allows for more chances in transition and more goal scoring.  To affect Montagne, you have to try and create chaos.  They havent faced many shots and one bad game could break the series open. (63 Words)
d. I think that New England carries their hot streak from beating the forge and takes this fairly easy in a gentlemans sweep 5 game series.  The team is super hot at the current moment and I am not sure there is much that winnipeg will be able to do to stop them.  (52 Words) 

6. Haiku +2 TPE
Score lots of goals
Win a championship
I am so awesome

7. Milestones +3 TPE 
Milestones Here

Total= 12 TPE

[Image: smurfunkel.png]
Sig By @enigmatic

2. Grab Bag ( 4 TPE )
2.a: Rashford, Gobbledygood and Ekholm-Gunnarson could be comparable to Matthews, Marner and Tavares of the Toronto Maple Leafs in the NHL, if they are neutralized then their team is in trouble. So Personally what I would do is work in a way that would make every lines a threat and make the opposition'S lives a nightmare to coach against knowing that every line can score.
2.b: I would put a defensive force infront of him, someone quick who's able to follow him skate for skate and be a massive annoyance to his progression towards the net. Someone with a strong defensive read and good agility and some power to be able to put a stop to Svobody's advances as he tries to make it to the opposing goalie.
2.c: Winnipeg needs to put bodies between the opposition and Rebecca, sacrifice those bodies by blocking shots and getting in the way of the opponents through better positioning and breaking down passing and scoring lanes. They need to focus on shutting down the amount of shots because even a low-risk shot can end up past Montagne.
2.d: My pick was Winnipeg to go all the way and they've gotten really close by going into 7 against NEW. I thought they had a good enough core with combined forwards, defenses and goalie to be able to hoist the cup but NEW was just a little better. The leader board on the Index shows us that much.

3. History Repeating ( 3 TPE )
I feel silly to only realizing this at the end of my last season with the Detroit Falcons, but I am the current All-Time Leader in a few categories which I am pretty proud of. As of this task I am first in Points with 319, first in Assists with 191, second in Powerplay points with 92, fourth in Goals scored with 128 ( Actually tied with third ) and fifth with hits at 696. I noticed through my junior career that I was an excellent passer and overtime I grew to be a powerhouse in terms of hits and so I would love to repeat that and etch my name in either the SHL or Minnesota's history books as one of the all time greats in certain categories. I feel like I have what it takes, humbly, to make my way into immortality and be recognised as one of the very best but that won't happen unless I work harder than I have when I was with the Falcons and that is exactly what I intend to do.

4. Dream Series ( 3 TPE )
I was born to be a Minnesota Monarchs, the city of Minnesota runs in my veins and the history of this time is one that the name Primeau has very close to it's heart for we have been playing for this town and it's fans since my father Sebastien was drafted all the way back to Season 38 and was part of the Championship winning team soon after. But we are from Montréal, born and raised and so it only makes sense that we would like to make sure our home team doesn't make it past Minnesota which is not home away from home but our actual second home. We would love to have a series against the Patriotes so that we could spend some playoff games before the Montréal crowd. To be, I would always be playing at home so the Patriotes would not have the home crowd advantage against me and I would make the most of that.

5. Blood on the Ice. ( 3 TPE )
I'm going to put a twist to this and visualize the Glowing Bear God as Golden Freddy from the Five Nights At Freddy's video game franchise. I mean, to start with, we are talking about a God here versus a park of regular wolves as mighty as they are. If we go by strength alone, God Bear has unlimited strength as opposed to the wolves. God Bear is immortal as well, so the claws and teeth of the wolves would not affect him. Their growls are inefficient against a being who doesn't know fear. The FNAF twists go like this: God Fred Bear is able of terrorizing jumpscares that would put fear into the wolves because they would fear that they don't understand. God Fred Bear is able to vanish and appear whenever and wherever he wants which would unsettle the wolves.

The ONLY way the wolves have a chance to win?
If they survive the encounter... Past 6 AM.

7. Milestones ( 3 TPE )
Three TPE's

Shl - = - Falcons - = - Patriotes - = - Canada - = - Shl
[Image: eqsu1WN.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2023, 11:36 PM by Lazyeye. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. Pop

3. In my second year of juniors. I broke the Kelowna shot blocking record and was 3rd overall in the SMJHL. This is a huge deal because it was been a while since anyone had broken that record. Last season, I beat my own record to now old the top two spots in the record book. Coming into my fourth season, you guessed it, I hope you once again beat my record for shot blocks. I think it may be a little harder this year as I'm not able to put any more points into shot blocking due to the SMHJL cap. After juniors, I hope to emulate this record setting shot blocking for the Monarchs. I think its fun watching myself fight for the top spot in the league each season and hope it continues in the SHL. I never expected to be a shot blocker, but I've really committed to leaning into it. 155 words

Win a Four Star Cup
my final season a knight
before i go up

7. Milestones +3

8. [Image: C8e7cTG.jpg]

17. I don't think it really went expected at all. New England had an absolutely miraculous run for the cup, playing up to game 7 every game. Once they had the finals after another 7 game series, I knew I had to root for the Wolfpack. I'm really excited they won in another game 7 to really cap off an amazing playoff run. It was reminiscent of the LA Kings run a while back. I think it also showed that even in a simulation league you can still have these kind of miracle type runs. It adds to the authenticity for me! 101 words

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2023, 03:17 PM by Ronniewalker. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
Verification: Burp!

Code:

+3 TPE - Lemo Pihl S70 milestones

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA
allo
3tpe

Code:
One thing that I hope will happen again is winning the cup. It happened fairly early in Shoyo Hinata career and it was one of my best moment in sim league. Shoyo and Atlanta won in Shoyo’s second season in the big league. Shoyo was still a young player that wing on the fourth line.  He was really happy for all of his teammates that worked hard to make it happen. But deep down he knew that they won but not because of him. They won because of the old core. Shoyo is now the leading forward of Atlanta and he can’t seems to find the magic to make them win. They are always a good team but they choke in the second round of the playoff. They are like the second round leafs! Shoyo is working hard to lead his team, he think that team work will make the dream work and that they will be able to win again.
6TPE

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Hopeful Haiku
Hinata is cool
Absolute best on the ice
He will score a lot

8tpe

Code:
7. Milestones
Milestones
11TPE

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE, TokTik
Show me your player's Chinese Clock App video style, or show your player reacting negatively to the suggestion that they use said Chinese Clock App!
[Image: 3750802-ai.png]

14 TPE

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE, Offseason Hobbies
Show me how your player will be entertaining themselves this offseason, or any offseason in general! Get creative!
[Image: shutterstock-music-theatre-stage.png]

16 TPE

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest