Create Account

S74 All Star Week
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 11:52 PM by takethehorizon. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

S74 Milestones +2

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, TPE TPE TPE (150 words min.)
How much of a correlation do you think there is between TPE and an all-star nod? Should there be more, or less, than there is?

I don't believe there is any correlation between earned TPE and having your player go to the all star game. I think it has to do with more of what team you are on as most awards in the SHL do. There is a chance if you are on a horrible team but manage to lead in points or goals on that organization there is a good chance for you to get a nod. However, if you're on a better team that has higher TPE players which then translates to more wins there is a higher chance you'll have more goals and points, giving you more recognition around the league and thus finding your way to an all star game. I'm sure I stand with most players as it's less about individual accolades and more about team wins and championships. I think the current system in place is fine regarding who makes it to the all star game.

Word Count: 158

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Last Men In (150 words min.)
Argue for one of your teammates (not yourself!) to be the last man in for your conference!

M'Baku Olubori our top center and left winger Erik Bergmark both made the all star game and it is very well deserved as both players managed to score over 100 points during the season. It would have been great to see our 2nd line centerman, Adrian O'Rugg slide into the all star game with his 96 points and 46 goals, which was 5 more than M'Baku Olubori. O'Rugg has been a solid two way centerman that helped us on both sides of the ice each and every shift. It would have been great to see the 3 players representing Baltimore in the all star game hosted by Yukon. Had Adrian played on BAP's PP during the season he would have easily had over 100 points making him a shoe-in for the big game. His 33 even strength goals was also 3rd on the team following the other two players selected to the all star game. Vote O'Rugg for next year's all star game!

Word Count: 163

Total TPE Earned: 8

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 07:50 PM by st4rface. Edited 5 times in total.)

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag:
Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Two teams, Edmonton and Los Angeles, tie with five total nods each. Both of those teams are in the West. Playoff rivalry aside, do you think it's to the West's advantage or disadvantage to have a relatively large number of players from the same two teams? Does it make the all-star game better or worse when this happens?

- I think it's none of them. It just proves that these both teams have very good players. That's it. It's bad for other teams, because many other players doesn't get their chance, but good for Edmonton and Los Angeles. It just proves how good these teams are in signing players etc. Of course, All-Star game itself might be less interesting because of this, but I don't see it as a major player. Other teams and players just have to work better!
80 words

b. While the East rolled it back with two top defensive pairings - this year that means Philadelphia and Hamilton - the West mixed it up with only Los Angeles having two defensemen present. Everyone else has a new partner. Which side's defense are you more interested in watching?

- I think that both sides are interesting to watch. It's a unique oppurtunity to see different players who won't be on the same team actually play for one team. Even if it's for fun and it's All-Star game. I will look at both teams the same and just enjoy the show. Good hockey has to be respected at all times.
60 words

d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

- Aumy Junior II was a rookie who hit 1000 TPE in his SHL rookie season. He got 70 points in his first SHL regular season. It means he got over one point per game and actually was one of Toronto leaders as a rookie. Did a lot of job in play-offs too. I think it's a hard reason why he had to make an All-Star game.
66 words

How much of a correlation do you think there is between TPE and an all-star nod? Should there be more, or less, than there is?

- I don't think that there is such thing as a correlation between TPE and an All-Star nod. You just gotta be in the right place at the right time to make the All-Star team. My player had just around 1000 TPE and as a rookie got 70 points in his first regular season. If he would get more lucky, he would made All-Star game as well. For example, if he had like extra ten goals and like five assists... 85 points in a single season as a rookie? He would definitely wear an All-Star game uniform. So TPE doesn't change a lot. Just gotta be in the right place at the right time, as I said before. Of course, it's much easier to make it if player has 1600 TPE and more, plus he plays on the contender, but I don't think it's all about that. Just gotta keep working and everything is possible if luck is on your side. Simple!
161 words

Argue for one of your teammates (not yourself!) to be the last man in for your conference!

- None of our goalies in Toronto had a number one patch on their shoulders this season. And it's completely obvious and okay, because we are the bottom team right now. However, I think that one of them was much better than the other. George Walsh just had only his third season in SHL. It was his best one so far in my opinion. Helped our team to win 15 games and saved 90.1% of all shots that our opponents made. Yes, he allowed 4.72 pucks (average) each game, but he did a great job, knowing the situation he had. Almost every game he had like total of 40 shots. Our defense wasn't the best and he was definitely one of the reasons why were at least somewhat okay between other squads. Hard working goalie which definitely deserved that spot. However, I know he will make All-Star game sooner or later, so no worries on our side about this topic.
159 words

TOTAL: 8 TPE

Stars Stars Stars

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

When you are a powerhouse team like the Edmonton Blizzard have been, there are a number of players that are more than worthy of being selected to the all star game and it must be hard for the committee to not just pick the whole team. This season, there were 5 players selected with 4 of them being perennial representatives and then a first timer in Oles Kobliska. Super thrilled for my linemate who despite having the lowest TPE on the line, continues to shine and outperform the two nearly 2000 TPE players. This season Oles really evlevated his game leading the team in scoring with 53 goals. This isnt a PP merchant, only 6 goals game on the powerplay with very limited PP time. Instead, Oles did it at even strength while adding TEN shorthanded goals. His defensive play is highlighted by his impressive +76. Im super excited for Oles to be selected to the all star game when he did indeed have an All Star season.

168 Words

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
Link Here

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Two teams, Edmonton and Los Angeles, tie with five total nods each. Both of those teams are in the West. Playoff rivalry aside, do you think it's to the West's advantage or disadvantage to have a relatively large number of players from the same two teams? Does it make the all-star game better or worse when this happens?
If we're going strictly on a technical term, it's better to have many players from the same team, as the chemistry is already established between those players in the sim engine. If we're going for the entertainment value... nah, get that shit out of here. Already have to deal with those bozos on the regular, especially being in their division, I'd much rather not see them overtake the All-Star nominations as well.
(77 words)

Code:
b. While the East rolled it back with two top defensive pairings - this year that means Philadelphia and Hamilton - the West mixed it up with only Los Angeles having two defensemen present. Everyone else has a new partner. Which side's defense are you more interested in watching?
If those were the only two nominations for Los Angeles, it would be much easier to say the Western Conference, since my teammate Willow Söderberg-Snooks has been nominated for the first time in their career. I'm still going to go for the West, because I prefer teams that have variety in them. Also, there is no way I'm voting for a unit that has Hallsy in it. It's freakin' stinky.
(75 words)

Code:
c. While there aren't any new faces in net this season, which pair of goalies do you think is going to have more fun?
Probably Fantobens and Pack in the Eastern Conference. The line-up is, as stated before, stacked and also uses players that already have an established chemistry, so you know they will play to the max of their abilities, and goalies being weird creatures of the deepest fathoms of the Earth, they love facing 31245 shots in a game, so of course they'll have more fun!
(66 words)

Code:
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)
Simply put, this was my rookie season, and most of us rookies with the San Francisco Pride had very impressive seasons, even if we were overtaken at the end of the season by a few other players. I would've loved to say that I deserve to be in, but not yet (MADADA). Our team will be stronger in the seasons to come, and soon, we will be the ones with 6 nominees that everyone else complains about!
(78 words)

Code:
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)
For the third season in a row, my captain, ex-Cup mate in the SMJHL, and friend Viktor Hargreeves has been nominated to the SHL All-Star Game. And once more, it is entirely deserved, as he led our team in scoring on the ice, and in morale-boosting in the locker room, forming a formidable trio with KyIe Murray and Oskar Scholz for the second straight season. Leading by example, he's been our best all-around player, not only contributing on the offensive side - with an above 18% shooting percentage, a 55% faceoff percentage and by pivoting our first powerplay unit - but also playing a ton of time on the penalty kill, and always drawing the toughest assignments against our opponents' top units. Viktor has been a rock for us in our line-up, and it's been very impressive how well he's led our very young team, not just in the regular season, but in the playoffs as well.
(163 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

1. 1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Link

TPE: 1

2.d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

Dominik Winter should have made the All-Star game as he was one of the top rookies in the league this season (probably top 5), and there should be more of a rookie presence at these kinds of games as this would show the fan base which players to be aware of in coming years as they slowly become the faces of the league.

WC: 63

I think that the way the league is set up, there will always be a correlation between TPE and the way that players perform with their teams. In turn, this means that there will be a connection between the TPE earned and the likelihood of said player making it to the All-Star game. There is the fact that every team must have at least one player as their representative in the game that would put a stop to that though. Because of that there will likely be instances of a team that is deep into the teardown stage of a rebuild that would see a player with less TPE being their representative at the game. This is just something that would be ignored in the overall charting of TPE to All-Star likelihood. The other factor would be how skilled is a team’s coaching staff as their line combos and such matters to player performance.

WC: 154

If I had to argue another SFP player to make it to the All-Star game, I think that Logan Webb, my linemate, would be the perfect addition to the roster this season. While I have no doubt in my mind that he will make it to plenty of All-Star games in his career, I think that he should be another representative from our team as he has a great personality, is someone that would draw attention to the game and get more media eyes, and he was a Jesster Trophy nominee from our team and I think that having him be a part of the festivities would be great to see from a rookie performance perspective. We had a lot of players that played excellent hockey this year, and I think that any of them would be worthy representatives, but I think that Webb would be the perfect person to add this season.

WC: 153

Total TPE: 8

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

1. +1

2a. it does not change anything, get the best players in the game. If you force one player for team then you are diluting the tealent in that game and making it less of an accomplishment overall. If anything it says that the west is horrible and needs to step up their game.

b. always a fan of watching the defensemen from the phorge go out there and compete. These dudes are big time players and will make bigtime plays all game just like they do in the regular season. This is going to be the best place to show they are the best in the league.

c. sadly, goalies are not fun they are going to get shelled in these games just like they do every year since there is too much offense and no reason for these guys to want to backcheck and play any defense. Saldy these games are just about offense and the goalies are left behind.

d. there is no single reason that gnabe should have gotten into the all star game this season. He didn’t do anything of note as evident by his numbers in the milestones. He didn’t hit, play defense, score at a hight rate, or even make the special team lineups for the phorge. Absolute waste of space.

4. there is a strong correlation between TPe and performance in the league but this does tail off hard at the upper ends of the scale. A decent 1000-1400 tpe player can easily make the all star game if they are put in the right positions but their coaches and gms. There should not be any reason to vote for players just based off tpe as the scale makes only silgith differnecees between players at the top end of their development curve, with only a single attribute or two separating a 1600 tpe player from a 2000 tpe player. I think the scale helps to even out the all star nominations, now if we could find a way to get poorly built teams to score a bit more this would be much more apparent and everyone would be happy with all star nominaitons, because right now they are losing spots due to poor team performances causing poor individual performances.
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 08:16 PM by zeagle1. Edited 1 time in total.)

Milestones +3

At the end of the day, any simulation sports game is a fancy random number generator, so truly anything can happen. TPE is merely one part of the formula for determining how good or bad a player will be; how that TPE is applied is obviously a huge part, as well as how good your teammates are and how the team's strategies are set up. With all that said, I have always viewed TPE in terms of thresholds. There is a minimum TPE range you need to not suck, a minimum range you need to be a solid player, to be an all star, etc. Having an ideal team make up and the team playing advantageous hockey will lower these ranges, and bad teammates (or if your teammates are too good!) or bad strategies will raise that range.  But in general, a higher TPE will mean you are more likely to play better, which in turn will make it more likely that you make the all star game.
(168 Words)

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

I think it is detrimental to the conference as a whole for the all star players to be concentrated on two teams. It shows a severe lack of parity in the conference, which can lead to further unbalancing within the conference. I would say that it makes the game itself worse as a whole, as part of the fun is seeing a wide variety of players participate.
(67 words)
Jiggle E Puff should have made the all star game because he has the global appeal needed to grow the game. As the best player in the league from the pokemon world, the entire pokemon world would be more likely to tune into the game, and then from that maybe they would continue to watch the league.
(57 words)

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

Milestones  +2

Code:

Milestones + 3 TPE

3/8

Code:
c. While there aren't any new faces in net this season, which pair of goalies do you think is going to have more fun?
c.Justin Time just had an incredible showing at the IIHF games with at least two shutouts, so I think he's going to have a blast at the all star games. Also his partner has a wild name so they'll have fun just being goofy and getting some good wins and being good goalies. The other goalies are cool too.
d. My player made it, so I will once again be campaigning for my teammate Tomas Lind. He's been on the team for a while now and is a pillar player, who works hard every season and miraculously has no injuries! He's the Manhattan Iron Man and should be an all star so he can receive league-wide recognition.

5/8

Code:

I think there's correlation between high TPE and making all-star due to higher tpe teams will have better stats, and people with higher tpe have higher abilities. I think that it's okay that higher tpe players make the all star games, because they've probably been around for longer and are looking to get accolades like team wins and all star appearances. I think if you're not earning well, you probably don't care about all star since it doesn't effect regular season stats. I bet all stars are picked based on higher stats and more contributions to the team, so lower tpe levels getting selected over higher tpe people would be kind of - not unfair - but it wouldn't be great? So, it's fine that higher tpe people are in the all stars, and I think a lot of players who are all stars do have high tpe. No changes needed there, much better than inactives being selected.

8/8

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

+8 TPE

1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE. [1 TPE]

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3466503

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words. [1 TPE]

I'm definitely more interested in watching the East because I am a Philly prospect a huge homer for them. The fact that they can continue to send a pairing to the all star game is impressive and speaks to the solid foundation of defencemen we continue to build in Philly.

4. Written, 3 TPE, TPE TPE TPE (150 words min.) [3 TPE]

Looking at the current and all star rosters, you've got to think it is not purely related to TPE. While TPE makes the voting way easier, anyone can tell you that stats come from something more than just TPE. You'll see well coached and schemed teams send repeats to the game with less TPE because of the way they are implemented and how much time on ice theyll get just due to roster competition and team build. The other factor is that people definitely vote by name occasionally and that can contribute to TPE not being a hard factor into nominations. It probably shouldnt contribute to the people selected because you dont just send people to the all star game in real life just because they have the most skill, its about putting the skill to work on the ice. I don't care if a 1500 TPE forward exists if hes doing less than a 900 TPE forward (though the odds would be against him)

3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.) [3 TPE]

Theres only one correct answer to this question for me, and it has got to be Gabe, aka Ricky Koivu. Koivu has been a good forward for us for the whole season and deserves the nod more than any non-defencemen on the Forge roster. Of course I am only saying this because I am naive and believe in him like the tooth fairy. He can’t exist without our belief.

Does he have the best stats? No. Is he the top rated player? Absolutely not. But what he DOES have is an undeniable will to win and grit that would make Gritty blush a shade of purple.

Ricky is going to show up to this thing and slot 2 goals in the first, and for the perfect ending to the festivities he has promised to dangle through the five hole and skate right off into the lockeroom for maximum effect. He aint into that lacrosse goal bullshit though.

[Image: b6kz2LW.png]
[Image: CWUfbzX.jpg]

Milestones +2 TPE

PBE Affiliate +3 TPE

Written, 3 TPE, TPE TPE TPE (150 words min.)

Well, shoot I don't think there should be any correlation at all between how much TPE you got and an all-star nod. I believe the players who get selected to be on an All-Star team should be the Top players in that position for each conference. Of course, you have some players who aren't on the best teams but still had an amazing season but didn't get in because they got snubbed by someone who is on a godly team and like their 3rd man. But TPE shouldn't have anything to do with who makes it should just be who impacted their team the most and of course who had the better stats for the season. I might've understood this question differently but yeah. It's only right if the players who are clearly in their prime years are making the team whether or not if they are low or high TPE wise

+3 TPE

Total = +8 TPE

[Image: image0.jpg?ex=65299025&is=65171b25&hm=98...06b0d1578&]

1.Milestones https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3465464

6. Graphic, 3 TPE, Logo Logic
Make an alternate logo for this season's allstar game!
[Image: trash.png?ex=65c97967&is=65b70467&hm=bf7...43b446660&]
4. Written, 3  (150 words min.)
I think there is a large correlation between TPE and ALLStar nod. How can there not be? In a league where each team, except a few who maybe tanked a little this season, have multiple McDavid level player you need a large amount of TPE to even be considered. Since there are lots of mcdavids running around the other large factor is Line mates. Your gonna need atleast a couple other High TPE Teammates or your gonna be easily isolated by apposing Lidstrom level defence. Another small factor is strength of divisions as you may get stuck in a divisions of future dynasties or tankers. The final factor is Ice time if your buried in the 3rd or fourth line and not on special teams your not gonna have a shot even if your MCdavid level. Cant score if your not on the ice. Overall i think the correlation between TPE and Allstar is good with the larger facotors of linemates and ice time being the real deciding factors.

[Image: fFccrkD.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 10:21 PM by Slappydoodle. Edited 2 times in total.)

+3
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3466528

2. Written, up to 4 TPE -
D.

+1
Walt "Clyde" Frazier should have absolutely made the All Star Game. In fact,.it is fair to say,he should make every All Star Game going forward for his sense of style alone. There is no individual more fashionable and cool than Clyde. His sartorial splendor is beyond compare. Rocking a snappy brim and some superfly spats, Clyde rules all.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

1. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3465928
3-TPE

2b. There was only defensive pairing that I was interested in. That was any defensive pairing that had Lester Oiduser of the New Orleans Specters involved in it. Therefore, by default I was more interested in the West. But anyone interested defense would like to watch his play considering he had 331 blocked shots this past season.
Words~56
1-TPE

2d. Hugh Manius definitely needed to be considered for the all-star game this past season. Granted his numbers were not the greatest but he is a player on the verge of greatness. Why do I say that well his game took some evolution this past season with the last half of the season as almost all of his 36 point occurred in the second half of the season and was an impressive plus 23.
Words ~73
1- TPE

3. Well writing about a teammate who made the all-star game is a bit limited for a player on the New Orleans Specters roster. Who could I possibly be writing about? Considering the only player to make the all-star game is Lester Oiduser that is who I will be writing about. Lester Oiduser was a defensive monster for New Orleans Specters. Offensively Lester had some decent number with fourteen goals and thirty assists for respectable forty-four points. Mr. Oiduser’s plus four was middle of the pact for the Specters. Although Lester defensive number are the really nice number that got him into the all-star game. Mr. Oiduser’s league leading tieing 331 shots blocked is the reason for his place on the roster, as an FYI Hodor tied Lester. In addition, Lester also racked up seventy-four hits and had a giveaway take away ratio of twenty to sixty-two, very nice. Mr. Oiduser also was in the top ten of penalty minutes serving an hour and a minute in the penalty box this season.
Words~171
3-TPE

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2024, 02:56 AM by Grum. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:

Milestones + 3

Code:

Konstantin Selich made the all star game this season and so, I am once again going to talk about how great of a player he is. For goodness sake this is his fifth season on the all star team and probably my 3rd or 4th time writing about him. Guy just does not understand what regression is. This season, Selich put up a statline of 47goals, a league leading 80 assist, and led the league in points as well at 127. Being both the league leader in points and assist made him a very obvious choice for the all star team this season. Without Selich, there would be no way that the Buffalo Stampede would have had anywhere near 46 wins to place us at 2nd in the league. Selich also had the 3rd most hits in the league, evident of a strong physical game as well. He was also 6th in plus minus showing that he was a strong presence on both sides of the ice.

wc: 167
+3

Code:
8. Written, 3 TPE, Lazy Reaction Content (150 words min.)

The Last Men In are now decided and the rosters are finalized. Who was a good pick? Who got snubbed?

The last man edition of Erik Bergmark to the all star roster to me was a really good choice. Erik Bergmark had an incredible season with stats of 49 goals, 51 assists, and 100 points on a fifth place Baltimore Platoon team. Bergmark was also able to put up 31 shots blocked and 120 hits showing his willingness to play a physical game to help his team succeed. Erik Bergmark was also the leader of the Baltimore Platoon in plus minus, showing just how much of an impact that he was able to have while on the ice. This was also on a playtime average just under 20 minutes a game. While it might not be a lot, a lot of the other top players in this league are playing with 2-3 more minutes per game which allow them to rack up higher numbers. For those reasons, I am glad that Bergmark was able to be voted onto the all star team.

wc: 162
+3