Create Account

S76 Championship Week Due: Thursday, May 23th @ 11:59 PM PST

bacon

[Image: mattyj.png]

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: word

11. Written, 2 TPE, Home Country (100 words min.)
Why did you choose your IIHF country? Is it where you’re actually from? Is it where your friends play? Was it for a specific role play reason? I want to know how you decided where your player comes from!

I was actually recruited to the French National Team away from Canada. My player is from Quebec, and, after being approached by France, it made sense to retcon their backstory to add dual citizenship to the player. I'm originally from the US, but I do now live in Canada which is part of why I chose that nation. I wanted to represent my real life nation, but also wanted to pick somewhere a bit further away from me that would also be interesting to learn about. I picked Norway on my last player having just visited there recently. This time around, I picked Quebec as I have chosen Montreal as my PWHL team.

14. Written, 3 TPE - But I thought the season was already over (150 words min.)
Challenge Cup Finals might be over and season switch done on portal but there is still sims going on SMJHL. Write a preview (or if you are really late, a review) about this seasons Four Star Cup Finals.

Unfortunately, it was a pretty simple matter for the Quebec City Citadelles to dispatch the Maine Timber in five games in the Four Star Cup series final. Things started off looking fairly evenly matched with a very tight first game, with Quebec just barely winning it in overtime. In the second game, Maine appeared to have found their footing, springing back with a whopping eight to five victory. It was all downhill for Maine from that point on, though, as Quebec City would go one to win the next three games to close out the series in brutal fashion winning six to one, five to one, and then seven to five. The Citadelles were the cup favorites going into the season with Maine expected to contend, though maybe not make it to the final. The Timber proved that they were a competent team and managed to dispatch both St. Louis and Nevada in five games before nearly giving up a three game lead to Carolina. Ultimately, the Timber feel good about their season, and look to improve on it next year.

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2024, 10:04 PM by Wheels. Edited 2 times in total.)

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
bender
+3

Quote:2.e. Which one would win a fight, a lion or an eagle? How would it go?
The eagle defeats the lowly lion by exploiting its agility and aerial advantage. Swooping down with precision, it targets the lion's eyes, repeatedly attacking from above. Blinded and disoriented, the lion is unable to retaliate effectively. The eagle's relentless strikes eventually force the lion to retreat, securing the flawless victory.
+1

Quote:2.e. Which one would win a fight, a lion or an eagle? How would it go?
The eagle defeats the lowly lion by exploiting its agility and aerial advantage. Swooping down with precision, it targets the lion's eyes, repeatedly attacking from above. Blinded and disoriented, the lion is unable to retaliate effectively. The eagle's relentless strikes eventually force the lion to retreat, securing the flawless victory.
+1

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE, Haven't I seen this already (150 words min.)
SHL has a playoffs setup that has teams in the same division playing each other for the first two rounds.With only 5 teams in each division it often means that same teams play versus each other season after season. This can lead to good rivalries but also get pretty repetitive. Do you think this is a good structure or would you like to see it changed? Why? You can but don't have to ignore limits of FHM.
The SHL playoffs setup, where teams within the same division compete in the first two rounds, often results in the same match ups season after season. While this structure can foster intense rivalries and familiar story lines, it also risks becoming repetitive and predictable. This repetition can diminish the excitement and novelty of the playoffs for both players and fans. A conference-seeded format would introduce more variety in match ups and create opportunities for fresh rivalries to develop. It could lead to a more dynamic and unpredictable postseason, keeping the competition engaging. This approach would ensure that the best teams from each conference have a fair chance to advance, based on their performance over the season rather than their divisional alignment. In conclusion, while the current divisional format has its merits in building rivalries, a conference-seeded playoff structure would likely offer a more diverse and thrilling experience for the SHL playoffs.
+3
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2024, 10:29 PM by jjlangabeer. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

CW TRIVIA LINK

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Neither of the teams have been relying on one or two superstar forwards to do all their goal scoring in playoffs, but if you had to pick a player you expect to carry their team to cup who would it be?
b. Looking at save percentage and goals against average it seems that Beau Kavanagh has the upper hand over Justin Time. Do you think they do or are those numbers misleading?
c. Willow Söderberg-Snooks has 7 goals, 18 points, 18 takeaways and no giveaways, is that enough to make them best defenceman in finals? Who would you pick instead?
d. Which of the teams had easier path to finals?
e. Which one would win a fight, a lion or an eagle? How would it go?
f. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?

E) It would be a tough call, but I have to go with the big cat, even though the eagle has the ability to fly we all know cats are the ultimate predators with their murder mittens. Cats are known for taken down birds and this is just one more occasion where the cat of course will come out on top and defeather this bird.

F) As for who I think will take the series is a pretty easy question to answer, the San Francisco Pride. I don't have to check any stats, records, or point leaders. When you are a part of the organization your heart only goes one way and that's with the squad. I have nothing but full faith that the team of my future will be the ones to bring home the cup.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, Next season will be ours (150 words min.)
With only one champion in the SHL and the SMJHL per season, that means the other 34 teams came up just a bit short (or a lot short). Team owners know that fans can get frustrated by shortcomings, so they're always trying to keep optimism high in the fan base. Give an excerpt from an ousted team's owner's press conference at the end of the season focusing on the team's bright future or however they can keep fans' optimism high.

The Nevada Battleborn has had some mediocre seasons that past view the main conversation at the end of the season is how bright the future is for the Nevada Battleborn. Starting next season the Battleborn will enter the season as one of the favorites. They will enter the S77 season with 8 players at the 450 cap and a 3 to 4 players at the 350 cap. With how everything is shaping up in Nevada, the Battleborn will be boasting one of the deepest lineups this upcoming season. Among the 450 caps, Nevada will be carrying 5 forwards and 3 defensemen. A team with a top 6 that team will be a force all next season. Fans who have struggled and hung through the last few seasons will be rewarded. Although nothing is ever a guarantee, the fans in Nevada will hopefully get to see the deep playoff run they have been waiting for and maybe even watch some championship hockey.

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

Code:
a. Neither of the teams have been relying on one or two superstar forwards to do all their goal scoring in playoffs, but if you had to pick a player you expect to carry their team to cup who would it be?

If I could pick just one player to put the team on their back and will them to a championship, it would be Erik Bergmark of the Baltimore Platoon. The left winger has been a point per game since the beginning of his career and has continued to improve each season. With three straight seasons finishing with over one hundred points, and picking up a fifty goal season this year, Bergmark has all the tools to get it done in the playoffs.

1 TPE

Code:
c. Willow Söderberg-Snooks has 7 goals, 18 points, 18 takeaways and no giveaways, is that enough to make them best defenceman in finals? Who would you pick instead?

Willow Söderberg-Snooks of the San Francisco Pride is the pinnacle of what you want from a defensive player in the playoffs. Great offence from the blue line as well as incredible on the defensive end and playing a calm enough game to not have any unforced turnovers. She would definitely have my vote as the best defensive player in not only the finals, but the playoffs overall.

1 TPE

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Haven't I seen this already (150 words min.)
SHL has a playoffs setup that has teams in the same division playing each other for the first two rounds.With only 5 teams in each division it often means that same teams play versus each other season after season. This can lead to good rivalries but also get pretty repetitive. Do you think this is a good structure or would you like to see it changed? Why? You can but don't have to ignore limits of FHM.

I would love to see a playoffs where all 16 teams are seeded by their league standings. Sure you could miss out on the potential rivalries created by playing the same team in consecutive years. But you have more opportunities to see teams you wouldn’t normally get to see. This also allows the top 16 teams a chance at making the playoffs and if theres an absolutely stacked division, each team has the opportunity to have a spot in the playoffs.

My ideal playoffs seeding is 1v16, 2v15, 3v14 and so on. Knowing the SHL, rivalries will form no matter what. it won't take 3 straight series between teams for one to form. and with seasons only going for a few months in the real world, there's not much waiting between seasons. You can easily get the same couple matchups with so few teams in the league. But there’s so much more exciting series you’d be missing out on. And it’s not like SHL players have travel time to consider. Let’s get a first round between Toronto and San Francisco!

3 TPE

Code:
With only one champion in the SHL and the SMJHL per season, that means the other 34 teams came up just a bit short (or a lot short). Team owners know that fans can get frustrated by shortcomings, so they're always trying to keep optimism high in the fan base. Give an excerpt from an ousted team's owner's press conference at the end of the season focusing on the team's bright future or however they can keep fans' optimism high.

“I know this is yet another season near the bottom of the standings. I promise you this is not what we are working for. While it was a disappointment from a hockey standpoint, there are lots of good things to consider for our future. As the season went on, our young guns started finding their legs and adjusting to a major league schedule. We managed to pick up more wins with the help of these young rookies. And there are so many more to come.

Big shout out to our rookie captain Jussi Mutou for taking the reins of this team and running with them. And a shout out to our other rookies we had this season. Solid showings from Karlsson, Enevoldsen and Serapin. Also can’t leave without mentioning our unsung hero Damien Hirano. Jussi may be our captain, but Hirano is the heart and soul of this team. He’s stuck through some of the worst years and still wants to be here.

We have an amazing crop of prospects who will be ready to jump in next season and add to this core. It’s only a matter of time. Thank you Patriotes fans. We’ll see you next year.”

3 TPE

Code:
Total TPE: 8

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

Code:

Bababooey

+3 TPE

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Long Time Coming (150 words min.)
Both teams were competent in early S60s but ultimately didn’t end up winning the cup leading both into a rebuild shortly after. Now they are back at the top, looking to end long cup droughts. Making it to the finals isn’t easy and so both teams will want to make this one count. But there can be only one Challenge Cup Champion, leaving the other team to look ahead to next season.For which of the teams you think it is more important to win now and which is in better position to get back to the finals in the future? Why?

It's hard to imagine San Francisco is going to struggle to find long term success following this cup victory. The meat of their roster is low S70s with some late S60's mixed in. While regression is going to be making an impact, they are at the age where it can be out-earned, both in the aggregate of younger players growing and in current regressors continuing to earn.

I can't really say Baltimore is in too bad of a spot either, maybe just not as good of a spot as San Fran. The back end of the roster is going to see some struggle they are deeper into regression, but their core is all around S68 so regression isn't in full swing. Their 66+'s are going to see a slight drop off but are stil going to be effective, and S71 and beyond reinforcements look pretty slick moving forward.

As always for either team the big question is going to be the ability for them to stay together, whether it be players wanting to move on or the cap squeezing players out--there's a reason that building a cup contender isn't an exact science. At any point someone could leave in FA/demand a trade and then, bang, the plan is out the window. SFP and BAP are built well tho, and are well poised to continue to compete barring unforeseen circumstance

+3 TPE
Code:
200ish words

Code:
11. Written, 2 TPE, Home Country (100 words min.)
Why did you choose your IIHF country? Is it where you’re actually from? Is it where your friends play? Was it for a specific role play reason? I want to know how you decided where your player comes from!

So I have two IIHF decisions to break down--the initial decision to be American and then the swap to Latvia.

The first one is pretty simple--I took the name Roger Murdock from the movie Airplane! and so like, naturally I have to go all in on the lore. Roger Murdock is the fake name of Kareem Abdul Jabaar when he's being the co-pilot of the titular airplane, Kareem is American, it just works out real easy like that sometimes.

Going to Latvia is also pretty simple. I'm taking a pretty relaxed approach to earning and just enjoying what I'm doing this time around, and with how stacked the typical nations are I feel like it makes more sense to just get some quick playing time with Latvia and ideally get gang a shot at gold.

+2 TPE
Code:
a lil under 150 characters

8 TPE total

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

1. CW TRIVIA,
greatness

6. Written

While we didn't bring home the Cup this season there's a lot to be proud of this season. Not only did we make the finals this season and got rid of some playoff demons but we had the most points in the regular season. The player's fought hard and we are extremely happy with their play this season. We plan to run it back with most if not all the same players. We believe we are right on the cusp of glory and we already have the players to push ahead and win the Cup. While I'm up here I also want to thank the fans for their massive support this season. You took it up a notch and the players and management could definitely tell. While we understand this might not be the most exciting offseason in the world we do believe that we will turn the corner next season and will give you even more the cheer for next season.

Both teams have great players and great scorers but if I'm picking one forward to carry offensively it would be Erik Bergman from Baltimore. He lead Baltimore in goals this season and is also super consistent in goals scoring, having I believe it was a 13 game goal streak this season. I wouldn't be surprised if he really popped off this season.

Obviously if the lion gets a hold of the eagle it's game over, but since the eagle has wings it gets to choice when the fight ends and when to disengage. The lion has the knockout factor but the eagle controls the fight and in that way it's pretty balance. Logic says the lion but I'm going with the eagle if it can get a some lucky claws the eyes it can pick the lion apart. Plus the eagle can always fly away if it needs too.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2024, 05:39 AM by charlieconway. Edited 2 times in total.)

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

experience

Quote:6. Written, 3 TPE, Next season will be ours (150 words min.)

“Well… I’m not going to lie and pretend that I’m happy my team busted out in the first round again, especially since it was once again at the hands of the Baltimore Platoon.
But there are plenty of things to be happy about. Like the performance of our youngest players, or the prospects we have in the pipeline.

And, being frank, any disappointment we have as fans of the Inferno is eventually going to disappear in the years, decades, centuries, millenia to come. At some point the Universe will be virtually energyless as energy dissipates to such a degree that no stars are reacting. All will be dark. When that day comes, who will care about the exploits of the Atlanta Inferno in the S76 season?

Oh, and we are going to be the team to beat at some point. Maybe in a few seasons. I know I’ve been saying that for several seasons running now, maybe even since S66 when we won our one and only Challenge Cup, but this time I really, truly mean it.

So again. The future. Heat Death of the Universe. Et cetera. Thank you and god bless."

Quote:11. Written, 2 TPE, Home Country (100 words min.)

I chose Canada to be my IIHF country on every single player I’ve had in the SHL. I’ve done so because not only am I Canadian, but I’ve also had some great times watching and cheering for the national team, whether that be at the Olympics, World Championship, or (especially) the World Junior Hockey Championship.

Growing up I’d see some clutch performances from future NHL stars in the holidays, like Jordan Eberle’s tying goal, or Carey Price’s performance in the shutout when he won the gold with Canada. Since a lot of what makes the SHL fun for me is playing out childhood dreams of hockey, it was a no brainer for me to tie myself to the Team Canada wagon.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2024, 05:55 AM by JNH. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. TRIVIA

huh

5. 6. Written, 3 TPE, Next season will be ours (150 words min.)

Hello, yes thank you all for coming today, I am Nike Kickz, owner and GM of the Chicago Syndicate. I would like to begin today’s end of season press conference by acknowledging that I am stinky. I don’t shower and I really probably should. Next, I know it’s odd that I’m both owner and GM - separation of church and state and all, but I don’t think it’s hampered my ability to GM. I’m bad enough as it is so it can’t get much worse, and then for the stuff that matters I just get my co GM to do it. What’s that? Oh the teams performance? I thought it was annoying - we keep trying to trade away some of our higher tpe players and yet we just cannot stop the winning ways of Chicago. Our goal for next year is to really stop winning, lest I have to trade Mograine because he’s notching way too many points. I will not be taking any of your questions, thanks everyone.

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

Oh man, it would have to be Justin Time. Being a goalie in this league is a tough task for anyone, but he’s already had to play the Panthers in this playoffs and did quite admirably so in comparison everyone - including BAP - is just going to feel like a cake walk to him. He’ll carry, free cup.

b. Looking at save percentage and goals against average it seems that Beau Kavanagh has the upper hand over Justin Time. Do you think they do or are those numbers misleading?

I think those numbers are quite misleading as once again, Justin Time had to play the Panthers. It’s one thing to put up good numbers in the East where you have teams like the Barracuda (that’s a song) and the Steelhawks (not even a thing), whereas Time has had to withstand the test of… time and sludge his way through these rounds.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

1. Verification Word: pork
3/3 TPE

2. c) I think for Söderberg-Snooks all you need to look at is that 0 giveaways and realize that this is a lights out defenceman. Goals are a great helper but being sound in your own end and never coughing up the puck or making a timely mistake is the calling card of elite defencmen. (53 words)
1/1 TPE

2. e) Tough call, obviously eagle has the flying advantage but I feel the amount of damage an eagle could do would be minimal in comparison to the lion and would require to marginalize the advantage given by flying. Just like in this series I am going to put my money down on a SFP victory. (54 words)
1/1 TPE

3. I think that the San Francisco Pride have the best chance to repeat again into a contending team for seasons to come. During the regular season while the Baltimore Platoon had the higher point total it was the San Francisco Pride who had the greater goal differential. I think this point to a team who can really pack on the goals when they need to win games. I think it is also important to note that the Baltimore Platoon played in an easier division compared to the San Francisco Pride who were in a division that included the Los Angeles Panthers, another team who put up an impressive 50 win season. Baltimore had the Luxury of having teams in their division performing at a much lower level giving them more points overall in the season. This should make for a good match up in the finals but I think the San Francisco Pride are going to come out on top again this season. (163 words)
3/3 TPE

Total 8/8 TPE

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

1. CW Trivia, 3 TPE
Verification Word: Scramble

4. Written, 3 TPE, Presidents’ Trophy Curse (150 words min.)

I think that winning the regular season has a big impact on the performance in the playoffs. Obviously seedings and home advantage are great but I think that player mentality, hope and confidence play a huge part in winning games. Ideally, every player out there is full of confidence and is playing their hardest to win- but I darn sure tootin’ know that if they are all pumped up with previous wins and accomplishments under their belts and they've gotten an encouraging speech from their team owner, captain or GM they are going to hit the ice and kick butt. I think that San Francisco is highly motivated and they can see the victory line so close. I think that Baltimore is happy to have their home advantage, but they're nervous. They want to hold onto that number 1 position but those sweaty palms and rushed plays might be to their detriment. I’ve got my eye on San Fran to win because I think they want it.

Words- 167

Hello Fans! I am so happy to see you, and blessed to be standing in front of you today. I just want to thank you for sticking by our side this past season! I know that we didn’t have the outcome we were hoping for, but with fans like you sticking around, buying  tickets and merch, and chirping encouragement at our players, I know that we can keep our spirits high and get back at it next season and win the whole shebang! Are you guys with me? Let me hear a huzzah! [HUZZAH!] Let me hear a WooHoo! [WOOHOO!] Let me hear you battle cry for the best season tickets! [BATTLE CRY!] We want you guys coming back game after game doing this journey with us! This season, in addition to the players doing better we will be doing more fan service on the jumbotron! There will also be tee shirt cannons at every intermission! I can’t wait to see you guys at the arena!

Words- 166

*I know I wrote a total of 9TPE and max is 8 but just in case my trivia is wrong/these are the prompts I wanted to write about*

[Image: bdDUUbs.jpeg][Image: YbWICYS.png][Image: i3Qgjha.jpeg]
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2024, 01:12 PM by thiefofcheese. Edited 4 times in total.)

Code:

CW TRIVIA LINK

Cheese

+3

Code:

Well you always want your goalie to be hot when getting to the finals but you can't just assume that Beau is going to stay on top the whole time.  That's the thing with statistics.  They work out over time but on a day by day basis all statistics can go out the window.
+1

I think there is a good case to be made that Snooks is the best defenseman in this seasons playoffs.  Putting up 25 points in itself is amazing, but 18 takeaways with no giveaways?  That's ridiculous.  A lot of tikes dmen don't get the credit because they aren't classically the ones putting up points but I'd argue each point is harder earned behind the blue line.

+1

Code:
d. Which of the teams had easier path to finals?
f. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?

Code:
Both teams were competent in early S60s but ultimately didn’t end up winning the cup leading both into a rebuild shortly after. Now they are back at the top, looking to end long cup droughts. Making it to the finals isn’t easy and so both teams will want to make this one count. But there can be only one Challenge Cup Champion, leaving the other team to look ahead to next season.For which of the teams you think it is more important to win now and which is in better position to get back to the finals in the future? Why?

Honestly I think both of them want it now because there is no saying when either will make it back. It's not that they can't or that they'll fqll off, but moreso that back to back appearances are super hard to get. And then with each team coming out of the rebuild with such a strong core I don't think either rare a fluke.

When they get out there for the final they know that they have to do everything possible to make it count. There are so many factors that go into a cup run and when you make it to the show you gotta put it out there and hope you can outearn it. There is obviously some puck luck involved as these things tend to break more one way than another but there isn't much you can control there. Good luck to both of them and hope they enjoy the experience!

+3

[

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

HO pass
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2024, 11:41 AM by zaynzk. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. Fididodododododododididi

13. The guys who Won whatever our cup is called ( the five star cup I guesss) was the San Francisco Pride, which is cool I guess since it’s a team I don’t think has won that much so cool that we are seeing teams who don’t normally win win more which is a sign of parity which is cool since it’s boring to see the same team win so much, so congrats to the pride, happy to see u win one it is always cool to see teams come up and do stuff so yeah that is cool to see for sure for real

Isfl [/url] +[url=https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?pid=803933&highlight=zaynzk#pid803933]Isfl +

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

Getting to the finals is always the hardest part. Once you’re there, it’s about 50/50 you win! Most of the time you only get one shot, and 50/50 odds aren’t the greatest in that case, but if you can get yourself back there a second or even third time, the odds go up very very quickly that you’ll get at least one. That’s what we’ll be aiming for in Seattle, and I think San Francisco is the more likely of these two finalists here to do it again. In hockey you live or die in the playoffs by how great your best players are, and by how serviceable your worst players are. Both finalists have nearly equivalent stars, but the Pride should be proud of the fact that they have the superior depth, and should, once they make the playoffs next season, stand a better chance to make the finals again, ideally for them, with a Cup already under their belt.

4. Written, 3 TPE, Presidents’ Trophy Curse (150 words min.)
Seattle Argonauts won both the Challenge Cup and Presidents’ Trophy in S68, but no team has won both during the same season since. Yet season 75 Los Angeles Panthers and season 72 Winnipeg Aurora both won the cup after being second best team during the regular season. Do you think that winning regular season has impact on playoffs performance outside of seedings and home advantage? Would you say San Francisco is better of coming into the series with second seed or will Baltimore get more out of their home advantage than any curse could hurt them?

I think it depends on the season, and how long a team has known they’ll be the first seed. If it has been weeks since they’ve not been in the top position, they won’t be able to keep up with the ravenous play of those who have been chasing the whole time. That 2nd seed is the best of the chasers, and they’re hungry. If it was a bitter fight to the end though, and the top seed had to chase, and be chased, that is the best kind of top seed. Seattle will be looking to do that again soon! I however am a strong believer in being the bottom wildcard. If you’re truly a playoff team, and not just the worst loser, Getting that top seed team right out of the gate who could be lazy, and getting the boost of taking out the king is the real way to go, and ride that momentum to the finals.

5. Written, 3 TPE, Haven't I seen this already (150 words min.)

I definitely think the first round should be against your division. Nothing gets the playoffs moving like playing one of your bitter rivals in a 7 game series. The second round could maybe see some improvement from a reseeding scheme, which would make some of the second round matchups against divisional teams, bringing an air of surprise, but also perhaps better signifying the true position of each team in the overall league structure. Some divisions are just stacked, and we acknowledge that, and then release them into their neighbouring divisions to take their rightful places. The best teams should be playing the most playoff hockey. It is simply what the people want to see. People want to be shaking in their boots watching their team barely hold on against the giants. And eventually, if they’re lucky, healthy and disciplined, maybe even take them down! Some of the most bitter rivalries aren’t even against divisional opponents, just because of individual incidents, relationships and random one-off series!