Create Account

Ragnar Punishment

02-02-2021, 01:27 PMSlashACM Wrote: Bros this is good discussion but the harassment in question is a fucking dabbing gnome discord react. Like the weight of this whole thing is being made far far worse than the actual offense

I'm honestly more just speaking to what I've been seeing more and more of in the past few weeks and months since I returned to the SHL, honestly. Someone else said it better many pages ago. There seems to be a lot of double-standards going around, where it's okay to mock, ridicule, shame certain individuals (in this case, someone bothered by the gnome? I just have to ask, is the gnome still a thing in 2021? Maybe that's what we should be ridiculing, honestly?) because they're soft or old or "smooth-brained" or whatever today's case may be.

At least that's what I'm seeing. And all of it could be prevented by just one thing. I'm setting a reallllllllly low bar...

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

02-02-2021, 01:30 PMsköldpaddor Wrote:
02-02-2021, 01:27 PMSlashACM Wrote: Bros this is good discussion but the harassment in question is a fucking dabbing gnome discord react. Like the weight of this whole thing is being made far far worse than the actual offense

the dabbing is not the point. It doesn't matter if you're following somebody around reacting with a dab or a pizza or a duck or if you're just saying "hi" to them repeatedly over and over again, they have expressed that they don't like it and would prefer you did not engage with them in that way and you continue to badger them. I feel like everyone here is so hung up on the friggin gnome when the actual emote is completely secondary to the intent behind the thing.

I get this, I really do. Harassment in any form is unacceptable but,
2 tags and 10 discord reacts isn't even something in the realm of harassment, it's just being annoying.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

02-02-2021, 01:30 PMsköldpaddor Wrote:

the dabbing is not the point. It doesn't matter if you're following somebody around reacting with a dab or a pizza or a duck or if you're just saying "hi" to them repeatedly over and over again, they have expressed that they don't like it and would prefer you did not engage with them in that way and you continue to badger them. I feel like everyone here is so hung up on the friggin gnome when the actual emote is completely secondary to the intent behind the thing.

I have yet to see proof of the badgering in question and that seems imperative for HO to provide that in this case

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

02-01-2021, 09:27 PMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote: Clapper - Vent - Zaporozhets
Selman - Marston - Soderberg
Hernadivic - Salvatici - Kristjánsson
Seppala - Kozlov - Sutton

Kirkby - Michaud
Fantobens - Biscuit
Foley - Baters
Giannopoulos - Lazer

Doyle
Jobin

No snubs intended, the thread team was overdue.

My first one

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

02-02-2021, 01:33 PMSlashACM Wrote:
02-02-2021, 01:30 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: the dabbing is not the point. It doesn't matter if you're following somebody around reacting with a dab or a pizza or a duck or if you're just saying "hi" to them repeatedly over and over again, they have expressed that they don't like it and would prefer you did not engage with them in that way and you continue to badger them. I feel like everyone here is so hung up on the friggin gnome when the actual emote is completely secondary to the intent behind the thing.

I have yet to see proof of the badgering in question and that seems imperative for HO to provide that in this case

2 tags and 10 gnome dab reacts.

02-02-2021, 01:33 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
02-02-2021, 01:30 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: the dabbing is not the point. It doesn't matter if you're following somebody around reacting with a dab or a pizza or a duck or if you're just saying "hi" to them repeatedly over and over again, they have expressed that they don't like it and would prefer you did not engage with them in that way and you continue to badger them. I feel like everyone here is so hung up on the friggin gnome when the actual emote is completely secondary to the intent behind the thing.

I get this, I really do. Harassment in any form is unacceptable but,
2 tags and 10 discord reacts isn't even something in the realm of harassment, it's just being annoying.

Again your looking at the surface of everything. Looking at the Emoji of it then writing it off instead of actually trying to figure out the context.

02-02-2021, 01:36 PMKachur Wrote:
02-02-2021, 01:33 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: I get this, I really do. Harassment in any form is unacceptable but,

Again your looking at the surface of everything. Looking at the Emoji of it then writing it off instead of actually trying to figure out the context.

I've looked at the context.

02-02-2021, 01:38 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
02-02-2021, 01:36 PMKachur Wrote: Again your looking at the surface of everything. Looking at the Emoji of it then writing it off instead of actually trying to figure out the context.

I've looked at the context.

You've looked at what you've wanted and made a choice based on your relationship with Rag. Not once have you asked me my side. You just take everything everyone is saying as fact and adding to bullshit

02-02-2021, 01:33 PMztevans Wrote:

I'm honestly more just speaking to what I've been seeing more and more of in the past few weeks and months since I returned to the SHL, honestly.  Someone else said it better many pages ago.  There seems to be a lot of double-standards going around, where it's okay to mock, ridicule, shame certain individuals (in this case, someone bothered by the gnome?  I just have to ask, is the gnome still a thing in 2021?  Maybe that's what we should be ridiculing, honestly?) because they're soft or old or "smooth-brained" or whatever today's case may be. 

At least that's what I'm seeing.  And all of it could be prevented by just one thing.  I'm setting a reallllllllly low bar...

I'm not trying to mock the gnome thing, im just really disappointed in the behavior of the user to obviously make a bigger deal out of something than it is. I personally view the report to HO about the "harassment" is bad faith, they then retired and deleted the OP, appearing to attempt to unretire but is now assuring users they are not unretiring. They keep saying we "don't know the whole story" but refuse to tell it.

I understand the don't be an asshole thing but the stuff I just listed seems more the actions of an asshole than discord reacting after someone tells you to stop

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

02-02-2021, 01:39 PMKachur Wrote:
02-02-2021, 01:38 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: I've looked at the context.

You've looked at what you've wanted and made a choice based on your relationship with Rag. Not once have you asked me my side. You just take everything everyone is saying as fact and adding to bullshit

What is your side. Now is your chance to show people what you are talking about

this whole thing is just one big fuckin lol

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

02-02-2021, 01:40 PMSlashACM Wrote:
02-02-2021, 01:33 PMztevans Wrote: I'm honestly more just speaking to what I've been seeing more and more of in the past few weeks and months since I returned to the SHL, honestly.  Someone else said it better many pages ago.  There seems to be a lot of double-standards going around, where it's okay to mock, ridicule, shame certain individuals (in this case, someone bothered by the gnome?  I just have to ask, is the gnome still a thing in 2021?  Maybe that's what we should be ridiculing, honestly?) because they're soft or old or "smooth-brained" or whatever today's case may be. 

At least that's what I'm seeing.  And all of it could be prevented by just one thing.  I'm setting a reallllllllly low bar...

I'm not trying to mock the gnome thing, im just really disappointed in the behavior of the user to obviously make a bigger deal out of something than it is. I view the report to HO about the "harassment" is bad faith, they then retired and deleted the OP, appearing to attempt to unretire but is now assuring users they are not unretiring. They keep saying we "don't know the whole story" but refuse to tell it.

I understand the don't be an asshole thing but the stuff I just listed seems more the actions of an asshole than discord reacting after someone tells you to stop

Again everyone is choosing to see the deletion of the thread as me revoking the retirement when no one has said that happened. He'll I've said I'm staying retired many times.

I reported something to Head Office. What they choose to do and enforce has nothing to do with me. They could have told.me to fuck off.

I'm not telling you the whole story cause it doesn't concern you. Besides, it wouldn't change anything you've made up your mind so...

02-02-2021, 01:39 PMKachur Wrote:
02-02-2021, 01:38 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: I've looked at the context.

So you've decided what I've done in this situation? No I've looked into both sides and made my conclusions, without biased. If Rag actually did harass you I wouldn't be on his side regardless of whatever relationship you think I have with him. Slash says it best.

Quote:I'm not trying to mock the gnome thing, im just really disappointed in the behavior of the user to obviously make a bigger deal out of something than it is. I personally view the report to HO about the "harassment" is bad faith, they then retired and deleted the OP, appearing to attempt to unretire but is now assuring users they are not unretiring. They keep saying we "don't know the whole story" but refuse to tell it.

02-02-2021, 01:43 PMKachur Wrote:
02-02-2021, 01:40 PMSlashACM Wrote: I'm not trying to mock the gnome thing, im just really disappointed in the behavior of the user to obviously make a bigger deal out of something than it is. I view the report to HO about the "harassment" is bad faith, they then retired and deleted the OP, appearing to attempt to unretire but is now assuring users they are not unretiring. They keep saying we "don't know the whole story" but refuse to tell it.

Again everyone is choosing to see the deletion of the thread as me revoking the retirement when no one has said that happened. He'll I've said I'm staying retired many times.

I reported something to Head Office. What they choose to do and enforce has nothing to do with me. They could have told.me to fuck off.

I'm not telling you the whole story cause it doesn't concern you.  Besides, it wouldn't change anything you've made up your mind so...

no please enlighten us

02-02-2021, 01:20 AMJumpierPegasus Wrote: Yoooo when did Radiohead release Kid B?

This is the best post in the thread.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]