Create Account

S59 PT #1 Preseason

Well, I had a bit of a crazy preseason, or at least one game was pretty crazy where I ended up first star with three points. That alone has me ready to proclaim huge things for my player. My career is probably going to slow down sooner or later and I am trying to get some more points and such for the Seattle Argonauts career stats. That being said, there isn't much my player can do when the TPE just isn't there to compete with some of the top guys. Now that the season has begun, I also feel like my player is just not gonna be as good anymore. It looks like maybe I got demoted to the second row and have less ice time, so I doubt my points will be there like last season. Still, I had 9 points in 13 games so far and that's kind of alright I guess. Let's see how it goes!

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

Well Nevada came up short but this season we are coming back hotter and better than ever before. Noah coming off a solid year but not so great in his eyes is just excited to be out on the ice for his 4th season of SMJHL. He has 2 more seasons to prove why he should belong in the SHL and be the first in the family to do so. Noah also has a lot of chemistry with the team and looks to have a dominant and really fun year and also teach the younger guys some things too. The main goal is to get on the ice, perform to the best of you're ability and go out and get a Championship that has been the mentality every season and will never change. The boys after the first practice went out to a local diner and got to know each other better and from the looks of it this year will be it!

Preseason was good to the Anchorage Armada. Kurri produced 4 pts in 7 games, which is about the pace he is at currently in the season. He is getting the offense going at a much better rate than his rookie season and coming into his own at 2nd line center for the boats. I am concerned about the defensive numbers but I rounded out my build for this season which meant adding to offensive stats and it looks like he's really jumped in and chipped in on the scoring as the Armada are scoring at a much higher rate than last season for sure. With a rookie goaltender, the team is relying much more on the offense than the defense this season. We have had some penalty troubles with Zidane just crunching people into the boards and also tripping them a little bit but hopefully the PK is up to the task

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Looking at the pre-season statistics to figure out what will be happening this season, I am looking forward to the record-breaking point season by multiple Atlanta Inferno players.  From the top line, they have Guy Zheng looking at a monster 141 Point Season, with 47 Goals and 94 Assists.  Eko Van Otter will be distributing that puck around with 123 Points, those being from 19 Goals and 104 Assists.  Then there are two more players on Atlanta’s third line that will have absolute dominating seasons with the limited amount of time on the ice.  The first of which is Simon Tashak who will still be putting up an impressive 104 Points, from 47 Goals and 57 Assists, on just an average Time on Ice of 15:53.  Simon’s partner in crime for this season is Carlos Brown, who himself will have 94 Points, with 47 Goals and 47 Assists, with only 16:45 average time on ice per game.  As you can see, records are just getting demolished up and down the board this season from the team in Atlanta.
178 words

[Image: iG4vpsb.jpeg]
Credit to @Symmetrik
[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

Finishing second overall with thirty goals for and twenty-two goals against, the Carolina Kraken will be one of the more formidable teams throughout the season. Clearly finishing second in the preseason means that Carolina will finish at least as good in the regular season. They've performed a bit under expectations so far in terms of placement, however their goals for and goals against aren't too bad. They seem to be pretty on track for those targets, at least. Based on the preseason performance, I expect Carolina to keep moving up the leaderboards as they rack up more and more wins to better reflect their previous performance. I would expect them to finish in the top four, and push fairly far into the playoffs with an outside chance at winning it all. That would obviously be the goal, with a strong squad built over the last few seasons. The team is fairly stacked with veterans, and filled out by several great younger players to bolster the squad.

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]

Arturs Tumovs was drafted my Chicago Syndicate, but was sent down and will represent Anaheim Outlaws this season. During this preseason in seven games Tumovs had two assists so, if my calculations are right, during this season we are aiming for good twenty assists. Would be happy to score a goal or two too. Tumovs is left defender so stats where he would show his talent could be blocks and hits. In preseason he made eleven hits so in season it could be around hundred and five hits. That will be new season best for Tumovs, because in rookie season he had only eighty six hits. If we speak about season best, blocks are category where Tumovs can show his defensive abilities. In preseason he made sixteen blocks. With this pace it could be hundred fourty four by the end of season. I hope, these calculations are right and advice my opponents to pray that I am wrong, because Tumovs will make you kiss that glass ofter otherwise.
Good luck to everyone this season.

(174 words)

[Image: ieNy2MY.jpg]
Not gonna thank anyone

The pre-season went alright for Manhattan, I believe. Honestly, at this point, hard to remember. What I can recall is being competitive with some of the top teams in the league.

That's a constant for us in the FHM era, we're always the bridesmaid, ya know. So I fully expect to see this season continue the trend of us being competitive with some of the great teams like Hamilton, Buffalo and Toronto, but unable to get over the hump there. It's sad, truly, but it's the price we pay for playing in the East and having a lot of games against them. They can wear us down hard, and we just can't keep up the whole 60 minutes.

Realistically, I think we'll have more of a challenge this year than usual. I think we're on a path that says we should make playoffs, but it is going to be difficult. Extremely difficult. This is consistent with the pre-season results, and hopefully will be the case.

If I'm looking around the league for more, Seattle looked amazing in pre-season and should be a force to be reckoned with. The Great Lakes is again going to be a knockout, drag out fight for the top. And the West is just not going to keep up the same as the East does, but will have inflated records thanks to, well, the luck of the draw basically in not having to play the Great Lakes.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

ISFL PT

[Image: macgriddlesig.png?ex=6531467b&is=651ed17...9ee2d84f&=]
Finland  Stars  Berserkers

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: petrov.png]

Well, the preseason for Minnesota was a bit of a painful one. We played a collection of some clearly better teams, with Atlanta wiping us off the map a couple of times, and Hamilton getting an easy win. We also lost to some teams that we would hope to put up a fight against, which isn't great either. Fortunately I had a reasonable preseason, netting 3 goals and 2 assists in the 12 games, which as a young player is enough to be hopeful of having a higher level of contribution in the upcoming regular season. If I had to take a prediction out of what we saw from preseason, it would only be that Minnesota has to do better than that. I don't think the Monarchs will be making huge waves this season, but only winning a single game out of 12 is no where near indicative of where the team actually is at, so I am not sure there is much more to say about it really. 171w

PBE Affiliate Link

The pre-season for the Wolfpack wasn't a fun affair with only 1 win and then losses. With that we could look at around 10 wins in total. So we could unfortunately look forward to a tough season where we fight in the bottom of the table. Good thing there is no relegation The league as a whole looks like it can expect another season of dominance from the great lakes, as they all seem to remain powerhouses that seemingly never run out of steam. Another interesting aspect was the 2 unbeaten teams, Atlanta Inferno and Edmonton Blizzard, should they keep up the winning streak we will have historic season (but one of them will have to lose when they face each other) with over 60 wins for the first time ever.
However Calvin Hobbes should be good for around 160 blocked shots throughout the season if the pre-season is to be believed. Additionally, another season with 20 points for the young Center. More fun with the close to 40 Take Aways we can expect.

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2021, 01:45 PM by Count Chocula.)

[Image: ZECeASw.png]

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

Call me the bad news bears, call me a piss poor teammate, call me what you want. However, I think it is only inevitable for my team, the New Orleans Specters to have another season down in the dumps. The way we finished last season it does not come as a surprise to see us start off so terribly. With the lack of skill and experience on our lineup, I can only hope the draft picks we will likely receive from this lackluster season will pan out and help us in the long run, as genuinely the position we are in right now is not one anyone wants to be in. Did I mention we’re winless up to this point and have a solid 1 point through 11 games to show for it? I know me personally, I can improve on my in-game abilities so now we just have to go out there and see if we can make any changes to turn this season around.

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

Expertly extrapolated expectations for the upcoming season based on seven preseason games:

Assumption 1: Atlanta and Edmonton are legitimate cup contenders.

The former's wins over Hamilton and Los Angeles, two pre-preseason contenders, cement them as a legitimate cup hopefuls, bringing pride to a mediocre Atlantic division. The latter's wins over Los Angeles, Calgary, and Texas solidify them as the biggest threat to the Great Lakes and Atlanta.

Assumption 2: Los Angeles's additions this offseason can't make up for their main weaknesses - goaltending and athleticism.

With only 1 win over 7 games, including overtime losses to Edmonton, New England, and Calgary, Los Angeles clearly didn't make the right moves this offseason as their left with a team that can't go the distance in games and can't score - their 14 goals scored are tied for the worst among playoff contenders with Buffalo who gave up half as many.

154 words

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]