Create Account

S65 PT #1: Inspiration

DAD always knew he wanted to be a hockey player. His passion was transmitted by his late father. We can almost say that that had a typical road to hockey. At the age of 3, DAD’s father gave him his first pair of skates created by his own father. An old and wooden pair of skates from the 70s. Even if it was old, DAD felt in love with it. He always wanted to go to the local ice and play hockey with his father. At the age of 7, DAD played hockey with his father every single night. DAD’s father found that he had such an incredible talent, that he started to save money for him so he could go to summer camps and had great equipment. When his father died, he made DAD promised him that he will do everything to focus on his family and on his hockey talent. DAD found out a letter, which contained a message directly to him that said that he knew DAD will be an incredible hockey player and he has the talent to play junior and maybe pro. In this letter, he also found out money for his hockey equipment and future summer camps. So DAD always wanted to play pro hockey to make his father proud and respect his promise.

[Image: dad.png]

David-Arturri Donskoi
Regina Elk
Hey I'm DAD can I adopt you?

ISFL Affiliate: Sebster

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]

Code:
Written Task: Why did your player want to play hockey to begin with? What drew them to the game? Was it a supportive parent? A Hall of Fame hero? Maybe it's just the sound a skate makes when it cuts into the ice? What is it about hockey that's so special to your player?

I have gone in to this when I first entered this league, but I do not mind talking about it again. Din Djarin never really knew what "hockey" was. He played a similar game back on his home planet (which honestly was nothing like hockey, just included a puck. Everything else about that game was different). It was not until Din Djarin came to the planet earth to complete a mission and saw a few people playing this game. It had peaked the interest of Din due to the fact that he knew that he could utilize his skills to work with this sport. He joined a recreational league and then started getting suggestions from players that he was playing with to search for the league known as the Simulation Hockey League and then he went from there. Initially coming here for a mission and then coming back at a later date for a vacation just to play this sport with the other people.

[Image: jsteele1423.gif]
[Image: dOfqg1T.png]
[Image: lhZ3TTV.png]
[Image: QwTZD8C.png] [Image: uJXrVDL.png]
Click my logo below to see me LIVE on Twitch!
[Image: vNTwVv3.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

Creative task:

So you have left kids under my supervision, that is an interesting choice. I did work as a martial arts instructor for a few years back in high school, so it's not totally absurd. But many of them went home in pain. No pain, no gain right?

Therefore we will be making the kids at this youth camp go through physical training for the entire session. Suicides from red line to red line, laps until the cows come home, then extra time spent in the gym to build up those muscles. By the time the kids leave, they will either be SMJHL ready or they will quit hockey. Only the strongest may survive to the prestigious league.

For those who stay after the first hour, I will cancel the grueling workout since I have weeded out the weak. I shall buy ice cream for everyone left and we can watch some movies in the film room. What a twist!

BAs wanted to play hockey because his dad played hockey. It just seemed like there was never any other option that playing hockey. Bas was born when Guts O’Bigbers was drafted by the Vancouver Whalers. By his 2nd birthday he was skating and by the time he was 9 he was dominating 12 year olds. He always loved the thrill of going fast but it was really the thrill of scoring a goal that made him want to never stop playing the game. When he was 12 he started getting scouted and there was talk of him going to North America to play hockey. He got a lot of attention at school as a result and that made him want to play even more. What can ya say? BAs O’Bigbers is a man of vanity. All these years later he loves the game as he always did and life has never been better.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

When Billy was a young Dutch boy, himself and his friends mostly played soccer. That changed when he was 7 years old and his father Willem took him to an Rotterdam raiders game. He was instantly awestruck by the speed and the force that the players were flying around the ice at. That was when he started playing hockey and following the teams of the Dutch national hockey league. He was the number one fan of his local team, the raiders and his favorite player was Hany Deatley who famously scored 50 goals in the 2007 season. This adoration was made even greater when his minor league team won the chance to go watch a game and meet the players afterwards. The raiders won a commanding 7-3 game with Hany potting 2 goals and an assist. Post game Billy met with Hany and got his picture taken with him and got his stick autographed. They also talked and Hany told Billy that he was certain he would grow up to be a fantastic hockey player, and that promise drives Billy to not disappoint his idol

Kezia MacKenzie grew up in a family of hockey fans, and as such was indoctrinated into the culture from a young age. From the moment they first laced on the skates for minor hockey, they fell in love, and embraced the sport with all of their being. This intense passion would follow them throughout their youth as they grew up playing in weekend tournaments, attending power skating camps in the summer, and staying up late playing the latest hockey video games every chance they got. Kezia was also extremely passionate about the nerdier side of the sport, delving into the world of advance stats in their teens and engaging in the online discourse surrounding their favourite players and teams.

Eventually their passion for the game would translate to a playing style that any coach could appreciate, as they became the sort of player to dig in, finish their hits and forecheck with rarely-matched aggression among their junior hockey peers.

(160 words)

[Image: kezia-elk4-smol.png]
sig by me (:

Kezia MacKenzie - LW - Regina Elk - Atlanta Inferno

Simmer Pass
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2022, 10:13 PM by gurbs.)

At some point in your life, you fell in love with the sport. For most of us this occurred sometime in our youth while a for some of us, we did not discover our love for this sport till much later. Whether you have been a life-long fan, or you are just starting your journey, we all have that moment, or moments even where hockey grabbed us, held on tight, and refused to let go. Our world would never be the same.

For me, this came at a young age. I had always been a fan of hockey, always followed the Leafs about as well as a child can be expected to. I used to stand in front of my TV, stick in hand, making all the great saves with my heros on ice. Like most of us, I've had my ups and downs with the sport, but that moment when hockey pulled me in and refused to let go is a memory I will carry with me until my last breath.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

Leon's biggest inspiration is following his dad's legacy in the SHL. Leon grew up around the league and following his dad through some of his biggest moments and he knows that his dad decided to retire earlier than most to make sure he had that connection with him before he could finish his business and win a Challenge Cup. Leon watched his dad rack up the individual awards and success, but saw how it all didn't mean as much as being a part of a team and wanting only to finally win a cup. Bringing a Challenge Cup home to his family is his biggest motivation and his dad's love for him is the thing that inspires him to work hard and to play to the best of his abilities. Leon's goals are all based around bringing his team success and to inspire other young players to work hard and that stats are just numbers at the end of the day.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

PBE CW

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Slip McScruff hosts a youth sports camp, but doesn't play hockey. He doesn't want to run even the remote chance that some little punk shows him up. It is hard enough staying in the league while being old as dirt, then getting posterized by some kid in mismatching skates? No way.

Instead, he plays basketball with young kids. These runts can't reach the hoop or box him out. Slip picks the biggest and best of the kids and just runs absolute train on the court. Judge, jury, and executioner. Ultimately, he is teaching them a set of very important lessons. First, work smarter not harder, maybe? Second, play to your advantage and stack the cards in your favor. Third, eat your vegetables. Not sure how the last one fits, but if he wears a broccoli shirt, he gets paid more in state grants for his youth camp.

This may entirely be a money scheme, considering that the teenagers running the camp for him are paid in intern credits and autographed pictures of Slip. But not like fresh pictures, like warehoused pictures of his rookie year back in the S40's.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

RESO:
Ok, part of why I play the game of hockey is a rather simple deal: Emeka played the game as well. Its rather easy to be curious about playing something if you already have a relative who has found some sort of success and longetivity in that sport. The moment he gave me that stick to learn and enjoy was something that just made the game click in my mine.

Another reason is honestly between a coin flip. It was either I played ice hockey or baseball. I was a decent all rounder in my baseball team........so decent, me and Honda Shigeno from the PBE were considered top prospects in Japanese middle school. However, that was when I caught the hockey fever and I decided to give the sport a go for a year. It took half a year to get decent at skating, but once I did, it just felt natural. It came to a head however when I gave a coin flip with Honda as my witness.

Heads for Ice Hockey.
Tails for Baseball.

Heads won. And the rest is history.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

The absolute best thing about having this kind of fame is to have influence on the fans, and more specifically the kids. Every time we host an event like this, the kids are over the moon, but even cooler is that all the players who participate, walk away with such a heartwarming feeling. We all get a chance to remember why we do this. 

For our fun day in Detroit, we will be running a lot of exciting games that will teach the kids skills, but that doesn’t make this feel like a practice or a drill. We will be playing freeze tag to focus on skating skills, we’ll play a few target games to help kids with their aim and puck control, and we’ll be playing a few frustrating games that will help kids work on their mental game too. We cannot wait to host, and I look forward to this opportunity!

[Image: 65157_s.gif]