Create Account

S72 PT #1: Above-Average Ambassador

Player Prompt:
Collin Gibbles treats every part of the preseason with the same level of importance as the regular season. Especially as he has gotten up in years, taking the preseason to re-condition his body for the schedule of practices and games is important. Gibbles gets to the arena early every day to have a team masseuse work on his back and legs to get him warmed up and stretched out for the days needs. He makes sure to take his time getting ready because the last thing he needs at his age is to be playing hurt or to injure himself in a game or practice. Along with this as the preseason starts Gibbles gets back into his seasonal eating habits by using the team hibachi in the players lounge to make a pre-game meal for anyone who wants some. Lately he has been making a lot of chicken and beef stirfry along with some french toast on days that he's feeling a little more worn down. He knows his days in the pros are limited so he has to make them count.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

[Image: Untitled.png]

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

With the arrival of the aliens earth is prosperous and successful. The Aliens however have shown an interest in recreation which is apparently is something they don't have on their own planet. Fair enough, let's teach them our "Hockey". First things first let's show them a game. I think watching is the first step towards understanding what is going on. Answer questions, watch what is considered a normal style of play. The next step is going over the rules and watching the game with context. Once you can identify the rules it is time to strap on some skates and get out there to learn how it is done. Unfortunately, our alien friends need special suits because they are exceptionally sensitive to cold climates. Once a group of our new alien overlords have got enough players trained up and ready to go it is time to form a team. No worries thoughts an expansion team they should suck for years to come!
(165 words)

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

In order to prepare for the season, Newman needs a good preseason routine. They start out with a good exercise routine that consists of some stretches followed by upper arm workouts to help fend off pucks, then lower leg workouts to help keep stability while playing. Newman is fairly confident in his stance with the club but he wants to give it his all in training camp anyways to set a good example for the other players on the team and to impress his coach. However, he doesn’t want to go too far to allow him to do better during the regular season since that’s the games that actually counts. He treats the preseason as an opportunity to try new routines and new plays from the coach’s playbooks to allow him the flexibility needed in case he needs to try a different route to winning games. Finally, he makes sure to recover after every preseason game to keep his legs fresh for the season to come.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2023, 12:05 AM by st4rface.)

PROMPT 2 - WRITTEN TASK

Aumy Junior II always takes pre-season seriously. He was very pissed when he received news that WJC won't happen until middle of the new SMJHL season. He always takes such tournaments as lessons on the ice. However, he had couple more days to rest, because of such a thing. He came to Carolina a week later than usually. His routine didn't change though. Before arriving in Carolina, Aumy Junior II spent time with his family in Finland and each morning + evening has cardio training. He ran a lot, did some squats and even more. He joined training camp the same day when he arrived in Carolina. "Kraken" and Aumy Junior II has a same mission - to win that championship. So there was no way back - had to work harder than ever. Besides trainings, he had massages to recover faster and other stuff. Pre-season is very important and that's a fact. Finnish forward always looks at it very serious. It's not a job. It's our hobby which we are doing great and we are getting paid of. Gotta work harder each day.

181 words

Stars Stars Stars

Player Prompt

Training camp can sometimes be a bit stressful. Especially if you are a lower round pick, trying to make a loving. Going in you never know if you're going to be able to impress the GM or coach, as a young guy you have to earn your roster spot. I gotta say though it really was not difficult for me. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I have dominated every level I have ever played in. That's why I was drafted 1st overall in juniors. It's also why I was taken top 10 in the pros. And even traded for by the reigning champions. I am a beast of a man, any team would kill to have me in their lineup. That's why I'm not surprised I made it outta training camp with a spot on the top line. Everyone knows I got what it takes to be the man in New England, and that's exactly what I'm going to be.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

PBE Affiliate

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

[Image: Alien.png]

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2023, 12:15 AM by Grum.)

Written Task: Tell me about your player's preseason routine. How do they get ready for training camp? How seriously do they take the preseason? Are they going all out to keep an iron grip on their roster spot? Do they coast to save their strength for the real games? Somewhere in between? (150+ words)

Daniel Grumathan always goes 110% during the preseason. The only way to get better and move up in this profession is to put in all the work possible cause everyone else in the league is constantly working on their game as well. As for preseason routines go, Daniel always wakes up really early in the morning to get a good jog in as warmup for morning training camp practice. After the scheduled practice, Daniel will work out a bit and talk to the coaches on what they think he needs to improve on and how to go about doing it. After that it's ice bathes some stretching to keep the body ready for the next day. Daniel doesn't work out everyday though. On one of the days of the weekend, he always dedicates the day to some friends and family. It can be hard to hang out with your close group of people during the season so this is the perfect opportunity to and allows him to have some peace of mind away from working on his craft.

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE -

This is the task that Slip McScruff has been training for his entire life. He has been an avid contributor to the UFO message boards ever since he was a teenager and experienced lost time on his way to the hockey rink for midnight laps. When the aliens pick him up, he has too much to say and they really struggle to keep up, but when they see his hockey bag the language clicks. He runs them through the motions (poorly) of wrist shots, slap shots, and dirty dangles. Things were a little tense when he laid his first check but they eventually returned the favor and the lesson continued.

Although Slip has been fading during his recent seasons in the SHL, he has been thriving in the A-SHL (alien simulation hockey league) because the little green men did not know to put TPE into balance or strength. He's like a new enforcer all over again, throwing small bodies left and right. If they could one day pay him as much as the veteran minimum salary he gets to play in Los Angeles, Slip might have to rethink his career.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

Player Prompt:

The preseason exists for a reason, and not taking advantage of it would be foolish, especially when you consider that for these players it's their job. If a project manager for a normal company was to slack off and take time off while preparing for a major project coming up, would or should they expect to retain their job? No. Just because it's preseason doesn't mean it's not serious. You're always competing for a roster spot, but more importantly you're also competing with yourself to become a better player. Fitness and conditioning are important, and they're much easier to build up in the offseason so that they can last throughout the season, rather than trying to improve while under the constant stress of travel and the pressure of trying to perform for your team. To borrow an phrase, a gallon of sweat in training will save a gallon of blood in the real deal.

Darnell takes the preseason very seriously and will do whatever his coaches and trainers ask of him so that he can become the best man possible. (But he's already at cap, so don't expect to see too much progress here.)

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

Player Prompt:

For the first time Meta Knight went into the offseason with a pre-set plan in mind to improve his all around game, and hopefully step up to another level after seeing his last offseason work pay off huge. With career highs, and personal bests both on and off the ice coming just last season, this offseason was important to both reset and grow, and come back into this preseason ready to keep the momentum up. The offseason was spent in Greece, with family and personal trainer working on a strict routine to keep fitness up and work on local rinks to keep hand skill up. A few week before preseasons, coming back into Minnesota to get back to on-ice work more heavily, focusing on puck skills and working with other local pros to build up the game. In theory all the work has been done and preseason can be spent mostly applying what I have learned, and improved on, as well as sharing what I can with the new players on the team to hopefully help them find success too!

ISFL PT

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2023, 01:15 AM by diacope. Edited 2 times in total.)

Raiya's preseason routine is pretty close to her pregame rituals but it's more strung out and she gets to eat more extravengent meals at the greasiest spots because she has the time to lose weight. Her day is simple, she checks in with the team, makes sure to get involved somehow to get a nod from the coaching staff and plans new tricks with teammates for next season.. Oh yeah don't forget the cheeseburgers for movie time directly.after training camp. Eating these not so good meals and having extra time to mingle and dive into the entertainment world makes things a lot easier for Rabinov to get into games so the more interactions for her the better because during the season she tends to stay in the shadows more often than not.. Using all her gas when the seasons live and ditching the conversations, restaurant menus in the offseason winds.

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon

Quote:CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE - Alien Space Bats

Graphic Task: Draw an alien in a hockey jersey.

[Image: 1691385181660.png]

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]