Create Account

S74 PT#1: Poindexter Painpoints

Rip thunderdome has had a great rookie season so far and has definitely exceeded expectations. As a 700 tpe rookie playing on a team that was expected to be in the lower half of the season, Rip Thunderdome was lined up for a rough start to his shl career. However, that narrative has completely flipped on its head through the first stretch of the season. Through 17 games, Rip TD has accumulated 2 goals, 6 assists for a total of 8 points and is a +4, the 4th best on the barracuda. Generally speaking, when Rip Thunderdome has been on the ice, the Cuda have been controlling the game and generating offense. Rip thunderdome and his defensive partner D Jobin have a 5.4 Gf/60, 4th best on the team. The third pair, while limited in ice time, has contributed heavily to the Barracuda’s attack, largely due to the efforts of Rip thunderdome

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

“The goalie of the Pride is Underrated, don’t let her stats last season throw you off…. She is working on her game.” 

The news criticized my goalie all of last season. The trainer she hired has been attempting to work on her game. She needs to get better at stopping the puck after a redirect or a shot that bounced off of her pads. She was not the best last season at recovering. She wanted to up her blocking and she has gotten better there. We have a long season ahead and we will see if she can get some more attributes to improve. She is only a backup right now but she wants to help the team when she is in between the pipes. The Pride have a lot to be excited about for her this season. She is gonna turn some heads after this season is up. She wants all eyes on her come end of season. She will be improved and have a bounce back season. 

170 words

ISFLliate

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

[Prompt 1]

While the Battleborns's first 16 have certainly been a mixed bag of results, one undeniable bright spot has been the play of 2nd year defenseman Sergey Ivanov. The first thing that immediately sticks out when looking at the stat sheet is his impressive offensive production. Ivanov is currently 5th on the team in points with 10, and 3rd on the team in shots with 41. In his pre-draft footage and his rookie year Ivanov has always shown flashes of being an elite offensive defenseman, and it certainly seems that he's putting it all together this year. That's certainly not to say he hasn't improved defensively, he is 2nd in hits and 3rd in blocks for the team. Much like last year, Ivanov continues to have a stellar plus/minus. This year Ivanov leads the team with a +12, not to mention his 7.9% FF relative. When you look at the advanced stats it all becomes quite clear, when Sergey Ivanov is on the ice good things happen.

[168 Words]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: npBt0yK.png]

isfl affiliate

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

Prompt 1

On behalf of Beau Kavanagh we'd be happy to wear that that would help the analytic side to help grow the game of hockey! There's arguably no better goalie to test this on as Beau Kavanagh is an upcoming rising star for the Baltimore Platoon. Especially if the equipment doesn't interfere with play, I see no harm in supporting a great cause to help develop better goalie gear for upcoming talent. Small microchipped gear that measures shot power/quality and therefore the reflexes/speed goalies stop the puck at will really help individuals better understand how difficult the goaltender position truly is. The most interesting piece would have to be the goalie glove as gathering data on crazy glove saves would be interesting to read about. This would also be great press for the Baltimore Platoon and would surely get more people talking about the franchise and spreading the word about the goaltender who is tracking save data. Looking forward to wearing this special gear next season in Kav's debut with the Platoon!

Word Count: 173

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Certainly, Hoang would be inclined to help these engineers improve and catalog their data in question. Just like many players in the SHL, he values the contributions of technology in providing a complete resource in which to improve his game. It's always valuable to seek information regarding all values, and finding what makes good data and what makes bad data. As far as he understands, getting all the valuables and using the ones that are totally usable is better than simply relying on what you already have and disregarding what you aren't aware of. So yes, Hoang can stand having some wires all over him, if it means that he gets to help his team and the sport itself understand itself better. Besides, it's better than the cheaters in baseball who get electric shocks when they need to know something. Just yell it at them like real men.

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

ISFL Affiliate (Username Nathan)

[Image: 1wgIGr9.png]
[Image: MEAGHER.png]
Credit Maxy and Merica for sigs

@Bongo is the most underated player of the Atlanta Inferno organisation. THe inferno is a team of the simulation hockey league. Bongo comes in a line of very good prospects like @CaptainCamel Paul BOndage, Dan Johnston @Figgy and @TannerPitts Tanner pitts. He is the most underated however as the fans only see bongo as a singular tambourine but the fact is that he is much more than that. He is like a dual set of drums, bongos to be more precise, that can also play hockey. Have you already seen the guy that beat the dark soul game with a nintendo gamecube donkey kong bongo set? Thats what bongo is doing. Playing hockey the extra hard way by being a drumkit. It's impressive because the way he bangs the other players will give rythm to his teamates on the ice, making them play harder and faster to the sound it makes. Bongi (plural for bongo) also has eyes that he can use to react to our comments and its always funny like eye emoji eye emoji lmao. I always laugh when he does that. Pinging @hotdog and @goldenglutes because they like original PTs and farts.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Option 2:

Of course Holmberg would wear the monitoring equipment, why not. If it isn't interfering with his play, it seems like it would be an easy choice to take the money. The only issue would be with how strong the equipment is, and how annoying it is to put on or hook up. Especially if the monitoring device is small and easy to forget, there could be many times throughout the season where he could potentially lose it or forget to put it on. Plus if is helping improve future products and devices, why not. As long as the league approves, Holmberg is fine getting paid that dollar dollar. Another potential issue though could be where the device is placed. It could be in a spot that might annoy Holmberg, which could mentally throw him off. If he is mentally thrown off, that could effect his performacne on the ice and potentially his future contracts if he isn't playing at a high level.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Option 2

Rashford will decide to accept the request to wear additional tracking equipment for the upcoming season.  Why? well, why not? It is a rather simple ask and it could be very interesting to see what is learned from the data.  That being said, Mikko has one request.  He requests that all of the equipment be painted in camo, that way he is unable to see it while he is wearing it.  You know, because camo is very very good, especially when the backdrop is some pasty white skin.  Mikko also requests that he gets paid in Toblerone Bars and Haribo Gummy Bears (you know, the good ones, not the ones that you always hear the amazon reviews about).

Oh, and one final request, no matter what the data says, make sure it is compared against Ben Jammin and always show how superior Jammin is to all others within the league.  Everyone must know that Jammin is Jammin.  That is all

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

Quote:Option 1:

Written Task: A local hockey analytics blog has singled out your player as being the most underrated on your team. Your task is to write that blog post! Have fun with it!

Unveiling the Unsung Hero: Why Bnana NWaffles is the Most Underrated Player on their Team!

In the fast-paced world of hockey, where attention often gravitates towards goal scorers and flashy plays, there exists a silent force on our team—the underrated player. Despite the lack of spotlight, NWaffles contributions is the backbone of our success. Their supportive offensive and defensive prowess may not make the headlines, but it's the reason why the goal scores get their chance and opponents struggle to breach our zone.

NWaffles' ability to read the game and make strategic decisions often goes unnoticed, yet it's the linchpin of our team's cohesion. While goal scorers shine in the limelight, he diligently work to ensure our net remains untouched. The uncelebrated assists, crucial blocks, and timely interceptions are his forte.

Off the ice, NWaffles' dedication to team morale and unity creates an environment conducive to triumph. In the locker room, he is the unsung motivator, fostering camaraderie that transcends individual accomplishments.

So, while others bask in the glory of the spotlight, NWaffles finds solace in being the unsung hero, quietly fueling our team's success from the shadows!

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

Analytics have become quite the conversation over the last few years and it is absolutely not a surprise that some of the biggest companies around are throwing major dollars at developing tech that will help to get more information in the hands of hockey players and coaches. However, as a player, some times all of the wearables and tech can really just create a fixation that leads to frustration when results on the ice aren’t what we are looking for. As a responsible, stay at home defensemen, I’m not as interested in my top speed, or my shot power in the same way that some of my teammates might be. So when I get that offer from the local analytics technology company to sponsor or wear their device, I’ll do it for the money but not for the actual data. I don’t mind that they have my information, but I certainly am not expecting it to impact my on ice performance or spend any time analyzing it myself.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

It's no surprise that a local blogger called me the most underrated on my team. As the last line of defense, the puck has to get by 5 other players before it gets to me, and so I'm kind of victim to how the rest of my team is playing defense. Despite having a 7-10-1 record and holding a 4.66 goals against average, I actually lead the league in saves by a massive margin (I have 497, the next closest has 401). It was a similar story last season, as I went 19-31-4 with a 3.71 goals against average, but was 4th in the league in saves with 1617. The bottom line is that I'm working my butt off back there to try to keep us in games, but as a young player myself, I need a bit of help from time to time. Hopefully we can pull together as a team and make things happen down the stretch, because right now things aren't looking great.

[Image: CnPenxE.png]