Create Account

S45 - Regular Season Index
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2019, 06:00 PM by crutch.)

dizzy 4 mvp

you put any goalie in net for edmonton and you'd have the same numbers, no offense to edmonton, you've built a great team but you could put ace's goalie in net there and he'd put up a great number. just a counter argument

selena bower for mvp by that logic

edit: dizzy had 5 more points than the next player with 50 less minutes played. garrett has been a monster all season long and is mvp in my (maybe biased) eyes

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Lmao imagine thinking the dude who lead a team to the playoffs, scored 5 points more than any other competitor, and just straight dominated isn't the MVP. Get outta here.

Garrett lead the league in scoring and faceoff percentage. Tell me how many times that's happened in league history @Tomen

01-24-2019, 05:38 PMmajesiu Wrote: When did the MVP become the “which superstar has the worst supporting cast” award? I feel like people completely miss the boat when their argument for MVP begins and ends with “look at how bad his supporting cast is”. Carrying a bad supporting cast is not the only way to be valuable.

MVP is most valuable to the team though, so the winner should be the best in relation to his/her team, thus probably a middle-team who over-performed or was led by a particular players should generally have a winner.

Crutch's example of "What would happen if you removed this player" is a good analogy.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

01-24-2019, 06:02 PMiamslm22 Wrote: Garrett lead the league in scoring and faceoff percentage. Tell me how many times that's happened in league history @Tomen

S24,S20,S18,S17,S16

want me to go on ?

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

01-24-2019, 05:57 PMligma Wrote: dizzy 4 mvp

you put any goalie in net for edmonton and you'd have the same numbers, no offense to edmonton, you've built a great team but you could put ace's goalie in net there and he'd put up a great number. just a counter argument

edit: dizzy had 5 more points than the next player with 50 less minutes played. garrett has been a monster all season long and is mvp in my (maybe biased) eyes

actually no. Having a great supporting casts warrants the GAA but not the 2nd highest SV% in the current Era.

Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12

01-24-2019, 06:14 PMTomen Wrote:
01-24-2019, 06:02 PMiamslm22 Wrote: Garrett lead the league in scoring and faceoff percentage. Tell me how many times that's happened in league history @Tomen

S24,S20,S18,S17,S16

want me to go on ?

you said current era.... I'm not talking about shit that happened 20 seasons. Garrett is clearly the most valuable player. I looked in the index (which doesn't go past S28 and it never happened in there). So doing something that hasn't happened in more than 20 seasons is pretty historic.
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2019, 06:24 PM by Tomen.)

01-24-2019, 06:22 PMiamslm22 Wrote:
01-24-2019, 06:14 PMTomen Wrote: S24,S20,S18,S17,S16

want me to go on ?

you said current era.... I'm not talking about shit that happened 20 seasons. Garrett is clearly the most valuable player. I looked in the index (which doesn't go past S28 and it never happened in there). So doing something that hasn't happened in more than 20 seasons is pretty historic.

Realism Era (S12-S20; S25-Present)
if you exclude MCFadden's last season. TUck has done something that hasn't been done in 39 seasons

Viatcheslav Orlov for mvp, who cares about Garrett and Tuck

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

Settle down amigos. Plenty of deserving candidates.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

01-24-2019, 06:32 PMdizzyDC Wrote: Settle down amigos. Plenty of deserving candidates.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Tuck just gave us the best goalie performance of all time, would be criminal to not see him host a Mexico.

2nd all time SV%
2nd all time wins
6th all time GAA

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

01-24-2019, 06:37 PMKeygan Wrote: Tuck just gave us the best goalie performance of all time, would be criminal to not see him host a Mexico.

2nd all time SV%
2nd all time wins
6th all time GAA

shoo-in (shoe-in?) for the mexico imo

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

01-24-2019, 06:16 PMTomen Wrote:
01-24-2019, 05:57 PMligma Wrote: dizzy 4 mvp

actually no. Having a great supporting casts warrants the GAA but not the 2nd highest SV% in the current Era.

actually no. In real life your point stands but to deny that in a sim like STHS where every goalie in the sim has more or less the same build, the defense a team has is a gigantic factor in the way the goalie performs in all stats. McFadden last season was so incredible for that very reason

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

44's performance this season has Tomen (and I) convinced any goalie with a .920+ is literally Jesus

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]