Create Account

S77 mPT #2: Let Me Hear You Scream Due: Sunday, June 23rd @ 11:59 PM PST

Live sims should be filled with weird grunting music to keep the vibe nice and weird. Live sims can be a bit boring so anything weird or interesting will keep people watching.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

I have previously pitched this idea to Manhattan (and was denied but here is my pitch again)..

The goal horn is just everyone on the team Mooing. Nothing else. Just MOOOOOOOs very loud all at once and maybe a smidge off key. And then can be ended by a brief and quick Moo by CoA and Canadice.

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

Fart horn is the best goal sound there will ever be and there is nothing you can do to change my mind about it. If I got scored on and then an incredibly loud fart sound played I would be demoralized beyond belief.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

I always advocate "Devil Went Down to Georgia" for Atlanta's goal horn. It's such a classic southern song, while easily being upbeat like many goal horns need.

I think Atlanta’s goal song should be “we are the champions” because Micool is gonna win the cup, and so every goal we score inches us one step closer. It would be iconic, and memeable if we lose (which we won’t because Micool is gonna win the cup).

I like to think the wolfpack would make an exception to their wolf only policy and allow Dog Police to be the new goal song. At least they could allow the barking bit in the chorus.

The barking bit

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2024, 09:05 PM by _Blitz_. Edited 1 time in total.)

As someone who has spent probably the most time in recent seasons listening to goal horns, I dislike most of them for a variety of reasons. The ones I like have a horn or initial attention-catching element and then a clip of a relevant song, and they last about 12 seconds. They're easy enough to put together in Audacity if one has the time to spend making adjustments.

Good examples are Buffalo and LA.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

I don't care about Goal songs, just play the games and get in with it. Live Sims being back is good either but that's a different conversation.

I think it would be funny if they use another one bites the dust as a song after scoring although I understand why that probably isn’t feasible but I would certainly enjoy it

my favorite goal song is of course the sentimental "I Like The Way You Move" of my own Atlanta Inferno - there's another song i'd actually love to use as our goal song and i feel like it's been long enough we can do a switchup but @Leppish probably won't let me change it

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

I haven't watched the live sims since they came back, but I'm excited to watch them again and hopefully hear some great new goal songs!

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: YZjkK9Q.png]

My favorite part of New Orleans has always been the somewhat spooky vibe of the city. It does feel like there's real magic there, especially at night. But, like fun spooky energy, not metal. Would need to be something with a horn section as well. There's a song called "Ferryman" by Shayfer James that would be good.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

hamilton has bbl drizzy which i think automatically makes it the best out of all the goal horns in the simulation hockey league. thats just my opinion though

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Admittedly I mostly watch the live sims on mute, but I think the one song that the Pride uses, the rather famous one from the Lion King, is perfect.

WC: 29

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

I'm sure it's been done at some point, and I'm just not aware of it, but using the clip from Roundabout by Yes that everyone uses in memes as a goal horn would be pretty awesome

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]