Create Account

S77 All Star Week Due: Sunday, August 4th @ 11:59 PM PST

1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

+3 TPE, 4 Milestones Completed

Written, 50 to 200+ words each. Shiny Grab Bag

2. Who will be the star of the All-star game? Why you think they will be better than the rest? (72 words, +2 TPE)

Mia Lavoie will be the star of the All Star Game, easily. She is one of the most impressive players in the juniors right now and will help elevate whatever teammates she has around her. She has consistently been one of the top point getters in the league for the last three seasons and it is hard to argue that she is one of the best players in the league right now.

8. Written, 50 to 200+ words. The Teammate One (232 words, +4 TPE)

Mia Lavoie should easily make it to the All Star Game this season. Topping six separate player leaderboards, Mia has proven she is one of the best players in the league this season. She finished first in goals with a whopping forty-nine. She also finished ninth in assists with fifty-one, giving her a tidy one hundred points on the season which put her in second place in the league. She finished in sixth for best plus minus with a forty-seven. She also finished in third for total shots with two hundred eighty-eight. Lastly she tied for second with sixteen power play goals. Mia had an absolutely filthy season to build off of her great season last year. With numbers like that, it will be exceptionally difficult to leave her out of the All Star Game lineup. I fully expect her to be the best winger on the team, and help lead her team to a win. She's one of the most dynamic players on the ice, knowing exactly where to be and being able to zip in and out of position quickly as the situation demands. Her shot is one of the best at this level as well, making her a serious threat to contend with on the ice. Only time will tell whether Mia will make the team, but there is an exceptionally strong argument to be made for her inclusion.

+8 Total TPE

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2024, 09:28 PM by dogwoodmaple. Edited 2 times in total.)

ISFL affiliate PT

3 TPE

5. Plan a heist to steal all of Luke's money.

The first thing we do is get someone on the inside.  We have to turn one of Luke's long time teammates but make sure they're willing to play the long game.  This isn't a heist that will take days - I'm talking years.  We would have that person follow Luke from a distance and get his routine down.  Then after we've built some trust with Luke, we start to help him out with random errands and favors.  Things like washing his car, offering to drive him places, bringing him groceries, giving him advice, etc.  Then at some point, Luke will want to hire that person as his personal assistant to continue to do those duties on a consistent basis.  And bam, that's it.  That person will get money from Luke every two weeks, no questions asked!  We're talking about thousands and thousands of dollars over a long enough time span, and of course we'll be able to get a percentage of that.  The government and police wouldn't be able to touch that money!

182 words, 3 TPE

12. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Hall of My Own

The Hall of Lame is obviously the correct choice here.  First, you have the obvious connection with the rhyme, but it also gives a nice bit of gratitude to players who did not quite have the career they wanted.  Whether it's those who only played for a few years, players who went inactive early in their careers, or just some players who had really bad sim luck, it's nice that there will be a place for them to honor their contributions to the league.  With so much of this place being a roll of the sim dice, being able to honor those who had unfortunate careers would do wonders for growth and excitement as we continue to build to the future. 

121 words, 2 TPE.

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Link
+3

+3 TPE - Milestones
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2024, 09:38 PM by jacobcarson877. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3545183 +3

5. 166 words +3
Well, I am desperate for some SHL cash so maybe I would resort to committing some heinous crimes in order to get my training. Hasn’t been going well saying “I’ll do it later” for the last couple weeks. But, since I’m just going to steal the money I need, I won’t have to write it later! First, I would really butter him up. I would find his vice, which I’ll say in this case is a nice bag of Sweet Chili Heat Doritos. So I’d sit him in a room in front of a lever, and when he pulls the lever he gets a Sweet Chili Heat Dorito. Then, he’ll simply get addicted to pulling the lever and getting the Sweet Chili Heat Dorito. Then, I’ll sneak into the mechanism, and have each lever pull apply pressure on the safe where he keeps his cash. Eventually, with enough pulls, it’ll bust open, and he won’t be able to escape the flavour of Sweet Chili Heat Doritos.

6. 201 words +4
We’re not exactly teammates at this point but I think it’s more important that I’m thinking about the question than the actual semantics. Obviously @wizard_literal would be the wizard. Literally. I think @sve7en would be a paladin, a real role model citizen, well disciplined, and jacked. Obviously with a very spiffy shoe and sock collection as is notable in the literature. I think @kahri would be the rogue/thief, as she is always up to mischief and loves to cause a ruckus. She loves going undercover to uncover some tea, and makes sure to help us avoid any traps. I think she would also be scary with a knife. @Frenchie would be a ranger. I really don’t have a great reason for this one. Just vibes man. Although he did do a great job clearing a new path in Ottawa and finding a wonderful animal companion in @jason kranz to train up. He joined forces with the old druid @Kalakar and led the Highlanders to the promised land. That being out of last place. That’s more of a fantasy world at this point than an RPG party, but I think I fit everyone into some decent roles, and hope they agree!

Milestones - 3 TPE

12. Written, 64 Words, 1 TPE
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I present to you...the Hall of Not Getting Their Shot Yet! This illustrious hall of honor will list players that had quite extensive minor league careers and made great impacts for those teams at that level, but never quite got their shot at center stage! This could be for many reasons, have infamous or famous players in it!

13. Written, 212 words, 4 TPE

The problem with a lot of leagues that end up having retention problems, is that they end up with new players who get bored before it 'gets interesting' or they feel like they don't have an immediate impact, and that can be rather detracting. Especially during a time when instant gratification is more or less the norm and 'slow cooked' fun just isn't cutting it. This is why I've come to like the SHL so much, it's because there's a lot more nuance that goes on behind the scenes and its not just waiting for sims. Without it, I feel the SHL pipeline would be in absolute disrepair and we'd be relying on just recreates to populate the system. I think what I like most about this league is that really there isn't *that* much pressure to perform so well that you're making it up to the major leagues before you've even had a chance to make a minor career for yourself. Though unfortunately, then you come to the issue that GMs and the staff for teams main goal is to perform their absolute best, so the doesn't quite encourage them to build systems that foster good deep cores. What you might end up with instead are groups of people who just prefer to play with their groups and then don't branch out to other teams.

Total: 8 TPE

1. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3547281
+3 TPE

6. My RPG party of Seattle Argonaut comrades would consist of myself, Shadow Fenix, Squidwardo Tentacles, and William Salming ridding the SHL of nasty commenters, whiny haters, and slanderers of the great Seattle franchise. Naturally, Shadow Fenix would be our rogue lurking in, you guessed it, the shadows with his deadly, deft hands ready to pick apart the opponent before they even know that we are on them. Squidwardo Tentacles would be our DPS machine swinging those tentacles all around and attacking the enemy from all sides. He would also be an excellent crafter with all of those limbs able to do multiple tasks at once to level up those professions in no time. Next, William Salming would be our trusty healer with his sage-like demeanor and always unselfish play, he fits the role perfectly to keep our party in tip top shape while also chipping in with some damage and buffs of his own. Finally, my player, Rence Sykut, would provide the crowd control and support role for our party. As a jack of all trades type of player, I would be willing to provide diversions and do the dirty work to make sure that the party is in best position to succeed.  
203 words +4 TPE

10. If an award should ever be split between two players it would have to be rookie of the year this past season split between Shadow Fenix and Will Tomlander. Both had tremendous seasons separated by only one point. They carried the mail all season for the Argonauts who flirted with the playoffs for the first time in several seasons due in no small part to this dynamic rookie duo.
69 words +1 TPE

1. Milestone 1 TPE

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]

[Image: cEbgUph.png] [Image: 1DL5JDX.png] [Image: vjZu62e.png] [Image: EnHtzQl.png] [Image: NwdnVLP.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2024, 10:56 PM by JNH. Edited 1 time in total.)

Milestones - 3 TPE

4. Who are the best players you shouldn’t pick in fantasy? Why?

I would be staying far away from Ho Lee Smokes in the SHL draft. Admittedly, he had a fantastic year last year but his agent in the past has a pretty spotty history with managing really high end talents, so it’s hard to justify counting on him to really produce for you in the fantasy leagues. This isn’t to be saying that I think he won’t be a strong player in this league for a while, I think he’s a great young player, but to win fantasy they have to be absolutely  top of the line at all times and it’s hard to say he’ll do that. I’d also be staying away from Steve Harrington because he just got unceremoniously jettisoned by Chicago and I don’t know morally how he can come back from that and put up the kind of performance that would warrant me drafting him in fantasy, despite the A+ player that he is.

5. Plan a heist to steal all of Luke's money.

First, we’d walk into his house and we’d be real quiet about it - almost silent but full silence is obviously impossible so somewhere in that area. Then we’d walk up to his safe, he wouldn’t stop us because he’s soft and would be scared that we might make a mess of his house. We’d use a laser to cut a hole in the safe - or better yet, he’d just tell us to code because that seems like the path of least resistance. Then we would walk out the front door, and he’d thank us for our time on the way out. Then we’d invest it all because surely there isn’t a recession coming.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

3 Milestones Earned

Written Prompts

3. There are a number of Charity Auctions that stood out to me and far too many to just say three are my favorite. Instead, I’d like to highlight some of the categories that really stood out to me. The first were a number of Dungeon and Dragons (or equivalent) one-shot campaigns. This is a really awesome idea and in a community filled with nerds I’m sure there will be a real desire to have this opportunity. I believe there were two of these campaigns being run, each with four seats available. Hopefully these are a success as I’d love to see more like them in the future. I’m a sucker for anything physical that gets provided in these types of charity events and skoldpaddor’s ugliest blanket imaginable gave me just enough interest. An ugly blanket? No, wait, the UGLIEST blanket? The mystery here intrigues me. I have absolutely no idea what direction skold will take with this but love auctions like this as you get to physically hold something that was created by another member of the community by the end of it. Another one that really got my interest as a user with a Pokemon render is lore’s Custom Pack of Pokemon Cards. As mentioned before, the Sim league community is filled with nerds and I’m sure this will be a great auction with a ton of interest. (229 Words +4 TPE)

7. I understand the desire to have users aware and invested in the league’s ongoing events when it comes to players but I’m not a fan of prompts that dig too much into the index. I’m ok with questions that take the place of a prompt and require me to track down when the last time a team played another team in the Finals but having to write a paragraph on something that I’m not vaguely aware of until I took a closer look at the index is no fun. Thankfully most prompts (including all-star week) have several options but it does feel like some weeks there are less options than others for this opportunity. (114 Words +2 TPE)

Earned 9 out of 8 TPE
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2024, 11:24 PM by Slappydoodle. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. Milestones +1 tpe
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3547306

Written, 50 to 200+ words each. Shiny Grab Bag
2. Who will be the star of the All-star game? Why you think they will be better than the rest?
215 words +4 tpe

Considering the announcement of the all star squads has yet to be made, I'd say this one is open to discussion. It's a little like Schrodinger's cat at the moment, as literally any SHL player could be or not be in the all star game. Therefore, I feel free and easy in saying that Walt "Clyde" Frazier will almost certainly be the MVP of the All Star Game this season . Go ahead and prove me wrong if you can, I'll wait. ....... Ok, now that we're all on the same page I will tell you why this is as inevitable as Thanos. Walt is the slickest, smoothest, best dressed and generally most fly player in the SHL. That bit is undisputed. Given his dominance in the areas of style and coolness, All Star dominance is but a short step away. If you can't follow the logic here the problem lies within you and not in the faultless chain of thought presented herein. Perhaps you need to consult a clergyman regarding your appalling lack of faith and failure to dream beyond the physical world. Hard to say. What is easy is Walt's All Star dominance . There, it has now been proven and I don't want to hear any more arguments out of any of you about it

17. Podcast +4 tpe

https://m.soundcloud.com/mesbonk/bsh-s77...r-week-pod

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

[Image: kBQmkba.png]

prompt 14 mary rocks

Elk  Rage
[Image: cLeHjn1.png]
Sig by sulovilen!
[Image: 6eVg1pG.png]
[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

Code:
4. Who are the best players you shouldn’t pick in fantasy? Why?
I'm gonna push the boundaries of what can be considered the best player for the purposes of fantasy but to start: Ben Jammin. Just a cursed player, they may play alright in the SHL but holy HELL do not take them in fantasy. They will crash your team and you will be hounded by James for picking Ben Jammin. Outside of that you can pick whoever you want, I don't care. This is really just a Ben Jammin hate post (that James would support so dw, this isn't mean spirited at all). Pick anyone else and you win the league, ez money.

a lil over 100 words, 2 TPE

no what that's all im doin ill take the 2 TPE

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones Link - +2 TPE

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]

Milestone

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures