Create Account

Poll: Should SHL Recreates have the option of skipping the SMJHL?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes. They don't need the slow pace and extra help the rookies do.
0%
0 0%
No. No special treatment. But no rule changes either.
0%
0 0%
Yes. But they should suffer with reduced TPE.
0%
0 0%
No. They should be in the Draft or Free Agents and forced to sign with a team.
0%
0 0%
fack dis shit
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

This Recreate Class

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Sep 25 2016, 10:27 PM

That's fine, then you just don't retire your player until after the draft Smile And if you implement a rule that ALL recreates, regardless of when you retire or not are stuck waiting until the next draft you have people who come back to the site all the time to start over, and you're punishing them. So the simple solution is everyone get their panties out of a bunch and let someone who doesn't want to waste their time in the SMJHL, sit out.

Enter draft and don't sigo or juse bank all TPE mess with GMs even more

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Sep 26 2016, 12:57 PM

That's fine, then you just don't retire your player until after the draft Smile And if you implement a rule that ALL recreates, regardless of when you retire or not are stuck waiting until the next draft you have people who come back to the site all the time to start over, and you're punishing them. So the simple solution is everyone get their panties out of a bunch and let someone who doesn't want to waste their time in the SMJHL, sit out.
I'm not certain how the rules work on how retiring players are linked to recreates tbh, but I simply mean in terms of when the new player application is formally submitted, without consideration to when the old one retires. You could give inactives a loophole, but the loophole is probably going to be a fixed inactivity requirement, which is never fully inclusive. The only alternative rules available would require judging intent- and I'm sure we'd all have a lot of fun watching that one get used.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by BigTittySmitty@Sep 25 2016, 09:22 PM

That wasn't a typo  and you know it

You're telling me you have never misspelled something on mobile and when hitting backspace to your mistake, you start with a root word and then add to it and don't notice?

I'll fix up my posts if they are too illegible which is why you will see a lot of my posts with Edited.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Quote:Originally posted by MacBain@Sep 25 2016, 11:40 PM

You're telling me you have never misspelled something on mobile and when hitting backspace to your mistake, you start with a root word and then add to it and don't notice?

I'll fix up my posts if they are too illegible which is why you will see a lot of my posts with Edited.
thanks for cficating your typo

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Simple question, but would this problem not be entirely solved by just allowing recreates the option of not losing any LRs when they play in juniors? The payment for this obviously risking your own player beating you in the playoffs.

Quote:Originally posted by MacBain@Sep 25 2016, 10:40 PM

I think you need to learn to take a joke

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

Quote:Originally posted by MacBain@Sep 26 2016, 04:54 AM
Simple question, but would this problem not be entirely solved by just allowing recreates the option of not losing any LRs when they play in juniors? The payment for this obviously risking your own player beating you in the playoffs.
I want to say you're wrong, but only because I no longer share a locker room with you, and so I must needle you in public. I didn't even bother to read the thread topic. You're just wrong because you left. I'm keeping the pool and the kids.

I honestly wish I could have sat out my junior year but still won the cup

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

fack dis shit FTW

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Alucard+Sep 26 2016, 12:58 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alucard @ Sep 26 2016, 12:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
I want to say you're wrong, but only because I no longer share a locker room with you, and so I must needle you in public. I didn't even bother to read the thread topic. You're just wrong because you left. I'm keeping the pool [i]and
the kids.[/b]

I will always remember that 6 point 2 game night for us. That was some great chemistry. I think my issue besides what I have already stated is it was a little quiet. You're a great group of guys, you just all need to talk some more, which is what I come here for.

<!--QuoteBegin-BigTittySmitty[/i]@Sep 26 2016, 12:55 AM

I think you need to learn to take a joke
[/quote]

I pitch, I don't catch.

BASED ON THE RULES

There are two parts of the Rulebook which are relevant here:

Firstly:

II. A.3.
Quote:Players who sign up after the draft but before the trade deadline are allowed to sign as a Free Agent with an SMJHL team and will enter the following SHL Draft.

So - if they sign up after the draft they MAY sign as a Free Agent, but nothing says they HAVE TO

AND

They will enter the following SHL Draft - which is S32 SHL Draft

Secondly:

II.F.3.
Quote:A SMJHL player must enter the SHL via draft. A player may not bypass the SMJHL and sign directly to an SHL team. A player may not declare themselves ineligible for either the SMJHL or SHL Draft (i.e. may not declare themselves Free Agents)

So none of these players saying they don't want to play in SMJHL are asking to bypass their SMJHL season and sign as a rookie in the SHL, and neither are they saying they should be allowed to skip the draft - they are deliberately waiting until AFTER the draft to create so that this rule doesn't apply to them. And, as far as I know, none have said they intend to try and bypass the SHL Draft, they are willing to take their chances .

Now, as far as doing Pont Tasks, nothing in the Rules forbids a non-playing player from doing them. HOWEVER - any current Point Tasks they are NOT eligible for since they have not created their player yet, so they will not be able to claim TPE for doing PTs when their players were not even created yet. I don't think that is unfair or unreasonable, for how can a player earn TPE when they do not exist yet?

Otherwise, none of this is against any rules, and, irregular and unusual as it is, there's nothing wrong with it.

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Impeach Kez!

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Quote:Originally posted by The Night Kez@Sep 25 2016, 11:27 PM
BASED ON THE RULES

There are two parts of the Rulebook which are relevant here:

Firstly:

II. A.3.

So - if they sign up after the draft they MAY sign as a Free Agent, but nothing says they HAVE TO

AND

They will enter the following SHL Draft - which is S32 SHL Draft

Secondly:

II.F.3.

So none of these players saying they don't want to play in SMJHL are asking to bypass their SMJHL season and sign as a rookie in the SHL, and neither are they saying they should be allowed to skip the draft - they are deliberately waiting until AFTER the draft to create so that this rule doesn't apply to them. And, as far as I know, none have said they intend to try and bypass the SHL Draft, they are willing to take their chances .

Now, as far as doing Pont Tasks, nothing in the Rules forbids a non-playing player from doing them. HOWEVER - any current Point Tasks they are NOT eligible for since they have not created their player yet, so they will not be able to claim TPE for doing PTs when their players were not even created yet. I don't think that is unfair or unreasonable, for how can a player earn TPE when they do not exist yet?

Otherwise, none of this is against any rules, and, irregular and unusual as it is, there's nothing wrong with it.

Cheers

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Also, the SMJHL exists as a way to help new members get acclimated to the site and how the league works, and how to build your player etc

In some ways it's the tutorial level of the game - a new member can get involved and be relevant quickly because of TPE caps and rosters which turn over every couple of seasons

Trust me, the league will be fine, and the players will be fine, and those who would rather sit out, will be fine.

Cheers

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Quote:Originally posted by The Night Kez@Sep 26 2016, 05:19 AM
Also, the SMJHL exists as a way to help new members get acclimated to the site and how the league works, and how to build your player etc

In some ways it's the tutorial level of the game - a new member can get involved and be relevant quickly because of TPE caps and rosters which turn over every couple of seasons

Trust me, the league will be fine, and the players will be fine, and those who would rather sit out, will be fine.

Cheers
:lol: keep trying to spin it so you get that promotion

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia